Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most impressive aspects of OSU (after watching several games)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,185

Most impressive aspects of OSU (after watching several games)

Dec 14, 2019, 5:31 PM

Today is a sad day without any major football. So I watched several cut ups of OSU. Now, I am going to give some opinions on things that stuck out to me... hopefully I won’t get eaten alive for not screaming into the echo chamber. I think Clemson we will win but here are some things I’ll be interested in seeing:
1) OSU has a serious OL, can BV dial up something disruptive? If not, JK Dobbins can really get some momentum if he isn’t touched until the second level lol
2) Fields is good at hitting his check downs and it often turns into big pick ups. Will the D be disciplined and pick up their assignments?
3) Will OSU have a slow start? They’ve had a tendency to come out slow in some of their bigger games (UMich, Wisc both times, etc)
4) Can the DL collapse the pocket and contain Fields? The dude is good at extending plays and finding someone downfield on the scramble drill.
5) Can the RBs and TEs help out with Chase Young? He can wreck havoc, if not.
6) Can the D get off the field on 3rd and long. OSU made a lot of plays on 3rd and long.

Now for OSU, I’d imagine they have some concerns other than what is listed above:
1) Not giving up the explosive plays on the ground. Looks like they’ve struggled with that at times. Not so much in the passing game, though. ETN might break a couple of big ones, if not.
2) OSUs secondary is strong. But, honestly, reminds me of Clemson’s 2015 team. They have an elite corner (like MA2) who can take away a WR on any given play. Idk if that’ll be the case with Tee. But even with that assumption, how will they contain the 2, 3, 4th options at WR for Clemson (or even a TE like Galloway, if he ends up being a factor)
3) Will Fields be forced to be less conservative and throw into coverage? He has been very good at taking what he is given, which has led to only 1 int this season. Can BV make him uncomfortable and force him into some bad decisions.

Can’t wait to see how some of these things unfold. OSU has an extremely talented roster. I think it’ll be a great game with several interesting threads.

Spot. The. D###. Ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most impressive aspects of OSU (after watching several games)

Dec 14, 2019, 5:46 PM

If Fields is healthy, he is one of the best 3rd down scramblers you'll ever see. Gotta keep a spy on him or else 3rd and longs will be automatic for them. In addition to generating a rush, we specifically need a push up the middle because Fields can step forward in the pocket and take off.

Sometimes it takes Dobbins a while to get warmed up, but when he gets rolling, he becomes the unstoppable force in 4th quarters.

I fully expect the O-line and TEs to adjust to Chase Young so he doesn't go wild. He's just too disruptive a force.

Re: Most impressive aspects of OSU (after watching several games)

Dec 14, 2019, 5:51 PM

Honestly, it seems like Clemson should just bring Simmons on every play. Save XT for 3rd and long situations. I know neither of those are reasonable for an entire game. But he usually has a nice pocket and then extends plays. Just let Simmons get after him the whole game.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,185
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic