Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monday sermon: Words, deeds and the road to glory
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Monday sermon: Words, deeds and the road to glory

Dec 28, 2015, 10:44 PM

Which is the greater measure of a man: word or deed?

Which is the guidepost to the path worth following? ####, you know the answer.

Players can bustle and bombast from now to kickoff, using their outside voice at press conferences in a vain attempt to show he world how tough they are.

Or they can listen to the voice from deep inside. The voice that has proven true through the trials of the season. The voice that echoes with quiet confidence from the hills.

The voice that says, "You are Clemson ... you got this."

Sons of Clemson, we did not get here by using our mouths. We got here by using our hearts and our preparation. We did not get here through the misadventures of our foes, but by our strength ... our will ... our unwavering commitment to be the best.

Faith, it is said, can move mountains. Faith proven by deed makes level the road to glory.

It seems ages ago that Dabo rallied the Sons of Clemson against the defending national champs with these words: "You’ve got greatness in you but you have to make a decision to be great." Strong words made immortal by deed. We have kicked the door off the hinges, set up the TV and dare anyone to change the channel.

On Thursday the world, those who don't believe and those who don't WANT to believe will be watching to see who will win in Miami.

I already know who will win. The true sons of Clemson know who will win. My feeling is the bellicose boys from Norman know as well.

That's why they talk so loud this week, trying to drown out the still voices that linger in their own minds like the fragrance of a polecat. They scrub and scrub their conscience, hoping it will disappear. But it won't leave. It's there because it's going to happen.

No team has beaten Oklahoma three straight times in bowl games ... at least not yet. We don't have to talk big. We just have to play big ... something we've done repeatedly this year.

Talk inevitably falls short of deed. And come Thursday, I have no reason by word or deed to think it won't again.

15 tickets Tigers. Make it so.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, Rev

Dec 28, 2015, 10:49 PM

It will be so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks, Rev

Dec 29, 2015, 9:18 AM

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monday sermon: Words, deeds and the road to glory

Dec 28, 2015, 10:58 PM

So it shall be written so it shall be done!!! And all of God's Tigers said, "AMEN"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Dec 28, 2015, 11:01 PM

Beautifully stated. Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed...Clemson big Thursday....not close. 48-10***

Dec 28, 2015, 11:19 PM

Dec 29, 2015, 12:14 AM

Amen.
https://youtu.be/XPKbQ9AWWFw

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bump for the daysiders...***

Dec 29, 2015, 5:47 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2015, 6:07 AM

I am always uplifted when reading your beautiful articulated words, they nourish this Son of Clemson's soul, way down deep. If faith is believing in things you haven't seen then confidence is the product of having seen it over and over, right? I love this team, our young men conduct themselves with quiet confidence as if to say..."we are Clwmson....we got this." Thanks Rev.

Thanks Rev.......There's some stompins' coming.

Dec 29, 2015, 6:35 AM

I love a quiet confidence that our culture breeds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't always give TUs on Tigernet, but when I do it's usually to RevDodd

Dec 29, 2015, 8:47 AM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2015, 9:09 AM

Goosebumps. Always goosebumps, Reverend.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic