Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Momma’s gonna Mom...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Momma’s gonna Mom...

May 26, 2018, 12:09 PM

While we’re monitoring golf scores and waiting for baseball tonight...

I will say, while David Hood’s interview with Picken’s Mom drew rave reviews, I personally got a bad vibe from it.

Sounded like she wanted to let everyone know who was in charge here and that she wasn’t happy with what some reporter said. If you base your decision on a grudge because someone in the media said something you didn’t like, you’re basing it on the wrong things.

I’m sure there are more factors, and I appreciate Hood trying to smooth it over and show her that not all Clemson media are idiots (looking at you MacRae)...but something about that interview rubbed me the wrong way.

I wasn’t remotely surprised in his choice. Maybe it’s just me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Momma’s gonna Mom...

May 26, 2018, 12:18 PM

Smoke screen words, the kid is going where he can start right away. They just do not want to come right out and say it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2018, 12:23 PM

No doubt.

She seemed all to anxious to control the interview, to make sure she brought up that someone “lied” in the media and capped it with “I know you’re a Clemson reporter, but...”

Like I said, just didn’t get a good vibe from it and didn’t like the way they handled it.

Oh well.

May 26, 2018, 3:17 PM

they may regret those words and the decision. sometimes it's better to retreat and sincerely think things through and make the right decision than to charge and lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2018, 3:59 PM

There’s still plenty of time for an SEC school to outbid the coots and change momma’s decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yep. I said it and got berated at the time of the interview.

May 26, 2018, 4:16 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/You-might-be-right-but-I-see-it-another-way-23524418#23524418

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Yep. I said it and got berated at the time of the interview.

May 26, 2018, 4:31 PM

I defended Belk tooth and nail and now feel like I should have kept out of it.

This one I let play out, and confirmed my suspicion.

In either situation though, I trust our coaching staff in making the real decisions. Looks like they lived up to that in both cases.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic