Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Moderna's vaccine to enter final phase of testing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,078

Moderna's vaccine to enter final phase of testing

Jul 15, 2020, 10:57 AM

The vaccine has yielded great testing results so far, and on 7/27 they're starting trials with 30k volunteers. How many CFB players are there in the P5? I'm sure it's impossible because of testing protocols, but seems like college athletes would be a good test group.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Moderna's vaccine to enter final phase of testing

Jul 15, 2020, 12:25 PM

My guess would be that the testing group will consist of people of different age groups.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2020, 12:42 PM

College athletes would be a terrible test group, since they are much more healthy than the typical american. Also if I was a parent I wouldn't want my child that has very little risk to complications from COVID be involved in a trial for a vaccine that was developed so quickly.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 15, 2020, 1:47 PM

I wasn’t suggesting exclusively using college students, there are only like 6K P5 players. The fact that they’re healthier mitigates the risk of the vaccine’s failure since they’re less likely to get sick if they become infected. The data shows that younger adults are just as likely to become infected as older adults, so if the goal is to prevent infection they might provide a subset of the test group that is low risk and likely to put themselves in a position that is more conducive to infection.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are a poor choice for a test group.

Jul 15, 2020, 12:54 PM

They are young and otherwise healthy. The results would be almost meaningless for those in high-risk groups (older age, other comorbidities, etc.).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

True, but if you vaccinate all college football players, it

Jul 15, 2020, 1:13 PM

would pretty much assure we have a season. That would be huge for the morale of the entire country. It would be the patriotic thing to do. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True, but if you vaccinate all college football players, it

Jul 15, 2020, 2:03 PM

I'm pretty sure the majority of the country could care less about college football and if it is played or not. I know I have become jaded in that direction and at this point it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic