Topic: Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 25, 2019 6:12 PM by: Smiling Tiger®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game

[9]
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 2:37 PM

Many of you are aware that I obtained my first degree from the University of Florida, as did my late wife. Even before I received my degree from Clemson, both of us had became die hard Tiger fans and had the Tigers been playing theGators over the years, we would be rooting for the Tigers

Miami has been known as a thug school for a long time and, unfortunately, the Gators seem to have adopted the same reputation. However, that put me just a tad on the Gator side. Then there is the biased idea that the SEC is God's gift to the football world and the ACC belongs in the minor leagues. Now, old Joe21, being a sensitive sort re football matters, hopes any ACC can beat the snot out of their SEC opponent, including the Gators. Can you now see the problem that I was facing?

Last night's game showed us the good, bad and ugly with the bad and ugly outshining the good about 10 to 1. Part of that can be blamed on the first game, part can be blamed on the animosity between the two schools and large part can be blamed on the culture of the two teams. Florida is extremely over rated, probably have been given a large dose of SEC bias in the polls. Miami has potential but will never reach that potential until they get rid of the chain and brass knuckles, perfect symbols for a thug school. Maybe the next prize swill be a loaded Colt45 for the player who returns an interception for a TD.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

Message was edited by: Joe21®

military_donation.jpg

Re: Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game- Joe as someone

[1]
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 2:42 PM

asked yesterday (if you answered I didnt see it)- Did you know Mr 2 Bits fro Fla?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Joe21, I can readily tell you had some emotions going when posting above since..

[1]
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 2:47 PM

you edited it Twice!

LoL and get ready for some really good football just a mile or so from your cozy house. Oh, who lives closer to DV..you or Dabo.

I say you!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Joe21, I can readily tell you had some emotions going when posting above since..

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 3:44 PM

Bill--- I have an unusual keyboard. Sometimes the keys are not located where my fingers decide to land. I've tried Hadicol, Geritol, Carter's Little Liver Pills, Uncle Wally's Cod Liver Oil and several other sure-fire guaranteed remedies but nothing seems to work. I use the Columbus Typing System exclusively. Their motto is "Find a Key and Land on It"

military_donation.jpg

Re: Mixed Feelings About Last Night's Game- Joe as someone

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 3:01 PM

No, I didn't know Mr. 2 Bits personally. I graduated in the spring of 1949 and remained in grad school until my wife got her degree at the end of the 1949 summer session. 2 Bits started his "cheerleading" that fall. I did attended several games after returning from Korea and before moving to Clemson and saw him in action. The Gators needing a lot of cheerleading during that time because the team was worse than the Gamecocks.

military_donation.jpg

Key word - "culture". A lot of schools are starting to

[2]
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 6:12 PM

catch on and are trying to emulate what Dabo has done in that regard. Recruit "good" kids, and do things the right way. Amazing how many are still oblivious. Bodes well for us, though.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: For Sale: 2 Lower Deck Tickets - North Stands - Section UL - Row R: $100 for the pair. Great seats i...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1476 people have read this post