Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,424

Mike Williams

Dec 13, 2015, 6:37 PM

Yeah, I know he may not need it, but did Mike Williams get a medical redshirt year for his injury in the first game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubtful

Dec 13, 2015, 6:38 PM

Seems as though he's going to come back for a senior season then move on to the next level.

^^this

Dec 13, 2015, 7:02 PM

Hes coming back next year and then going to the NFL. Whatever you want to call it is what it is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I disagree

Dec 13, 2015, 7:29 PM

Everybody said that he was going to the NFL after this year and they were wrong. I believe he asks for a medical exemption just in case he wants to red shirt this year. You just never know, maybe he gets a nagging injury next year as well and his NFL stock goes down. Why would you not ask? It makes no sense at all not to keep all of your options open.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, what's the downside of a medical red shirt?

Dec 13, 2015, 7:30 PM

It doesn't affect his ability to play next year or to go to the draft, so what's he got to lose?

Re: I disagree

Dec 13, 2015, 9:41 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

I know there's a deadline to file for a medical hardship waiver though.

Does anyone know when that is? Perhaps they've already filed one for him and it was never made public.

Dec 13, 2015, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

I'm not sure but I think you have to go through a redshirt season before you can receive a medical redshirt. So, this year would be his redshirt probably and should something happen in the future they could visit the possibility of a medical redshirt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 10:24 PM

From what I read and understand based on what I was told from a friend that works in sports law, once a student-athlete participates in a game, even if only for just a few plays, he/she has already exhausted that year's eligibility and is no longer eligible for redshirting.

Also, because his absence is due solely to injury and no other reason, he would have to file for a medical hardship waiver as that is his only option.

I can't find anything about an actual date but I know there is a deadline. Perhaps he has until January 11th?

Dec 13, 2015, 10:40 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

Have to agree Neal, that would be the smart move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Williams

Dec 13, 2015, 10:19 PM

I don't think you can apply for one until the end of the season. Until that time a player could theoretically still play a down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,424
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic