Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog for February 8
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,571

Feb 8, 2007, 8:33 AM

Don't miss Mickey Plyler's latest blog about the Clemson recruiting class and the academic review board. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow...that's going to create some noise.***

Feb 8, 2007, 8:41 AM

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog for February 8

Feb 8, 2007, 1:51 PM

I'd like to thank Mickey Plyler for doing what he's doing here. He's putting his reputation and his LIVING on the line here for the good of our athletic dept. and I say well done, sir! This takes courage in an age where little exists. Don't stop telling the truth!

A Copy Should Be Sent to the Board of Trustees

Feb 8, 2007, 3:07 PM

Mickey has fired a much needed warning shot over the bow of the Clemson administration. The Clemson alumni, Clemson friends and IPTAY members will NOT stand for this type of power vested in a few individuals at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. Just wow. I cannot even begin to say how pissed off

Feb 8, 2007, 3:32 PM

that makes me. 6 players we signed, including K.Brown would not be here if Bowden had not stepped in, and we HAD D.JONES, a 5-Star gamebreaking receiver.

Something has to be done.

Make sure you read the quotes section. Insane ******

Feb 8, 2007, 3:42 PM

Feb 8, 2007, 7:40 PM

A sad day for Clemson. The conduct you write of reminds me of Max Lennon's efforts to destroy our football program in 1990 when Mr. Hatfield was hired.

I have a copy of Mr. Clemson's Will on my wall in my office in Easley. If any of you ever want to see it, please come by. Reading Mr. Clemson's will reminds me why our beloved institution was created. It was, to paraphrase...to establish an agricultural college which will afford useful information to farmers and mechanics.... Clemson was not created, I submit, to be an institution where only the best, the brightest, or the most priviledged can attend. It was created to help those citizens, at the time, who had the hardest time. Sure, there is plenty of room for and I am proud to say, a wonderful place for, great achievement. However, it is also a place where some, less fortunate, less wealthy, less priviledged, can be allowed the opportunity to come and achieve. If we forget the reason for which Clemson was created, we violate the terms of his Will.

On a personal note, I was barely, barely, admitted. When I could not conquer Calculus forty (40) years ago this spring, I was told that I really could not do the work and should drop out and go to the University of South Carolina. Fortunately, and by the grace of God, I did not listen to that advisor and continued to work at it. Having had to work my way through Clemson at a cotton mill in Greenville made me understand I had to work. I had to achieve. Mine is but one story of the many, many stories of the people of this state, and region who have persevered to accomplish something. To deny young men the opportunity to try to accomplish life goals at Mr. Clemson's ...high seminary of learning... is just wrong. They have met the standards set by the NCAA and the conference. To permit this type of conduct to continue is, again, very sad. Someone, all of us, must stand up and say, ENOUGH!

I tried to post on mick's blog but It would not let me.but

Feb 8, 2007, 10:40 PM

this what I wanted to say!!!!!!!!Hollywood tiger must be stuck in hollywood!!! I think you said it best mick with out a doubt. this is just awful, I think the university will lose alot and I mean alot of money over this. It could be the demise of Barker, we fans and supporters will not put up with it!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler says it all, everyone should just read his

Feb 9, 2007, 2:36 AM

blog and shutup about it.

Re: Mickey Plyler says it all, everyone should just read his

Feb 9, 2007, 9:56 AM

............then you would have nothing to READ or do....but I am sure everyone respects your valuable input

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2007, 9:53 AM

As a 1980 grad and very proud father of a current student (and hopefully one more to come), I am very disappointed in these recent actions by this "board". These recruits deserve better than they got. Shameful!
First of all we need to completely reconsider this top 20 pursuit as it limits very capable, in-state students the opportunity to attend their STATE University that provides a great education and an even better environment/college experience. And I am speaking of the NON-ATHELETES. I originally thought it was good for the University but now (especially in light of a previous post concerning "The WILL" designating what the college was established for), I am convinced IT IS NOT! I would like to think that above average students that may even question their own ablilities, could go to Clemson and succeed. I love Clemson with all my heart, and its time for us that love this University for what it has been and we want it to be, to TAKE IT BACK! I have no idea what the backgrounds of the powers are currently, but we need to do all we can to put Clemson GRADS into the powers to be, as I know 99% of Clemson GRADs care the same way I do. THIS IS ABOUT MUCH MORE THAN FOOTBALL. May God Bless our efforts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,571
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic