Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Missed Opportunities
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Missed Opportunities

Oct 22, 2013, 9:10 AM

Missed Opportunities

Missed  Opportunities
I hurt for a lot of reasons Saturday night.  It didn't feel good to watch the quarterback that I admire struggle.  I hurt for the staff that I know put a lot into the game.  I hurt for the fans that were looking forward to such a big game to continue the march in a mag

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Missed Opportunities

Oct 22, 2013, 9:52 AM

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas every day. Man up, get behind this team, quit moping and let's go make some road kill of some ditch turtles Saturday on our way to the Sugar Bowl.

Yes and no...

Oct 22, 2013, 10:33 AM

Going undefeated is nigh impossible, even for Alabama(most seasons).
If we absolutely had to lose one game then FSU was it.
An 11-1 season and a BCS trip is still a fabulous year.
Beat USuC, go to the Orange or Sugar and win?
I can live with that as can most Tiger fans.
Let's put FSU far behind us and move on. We are likely favored in every game from here on out, perhaps even November 30th.

Re: Yes and no...

Oct 22, 2013, 1:02 PM

Agree. Swinney is a great motivator... He has worked hard to get these guys in the right mindset, and stay focused only on the next game. I believe he will do that.

Oct 22, 2013, 10:48 AM

If you are in fact sitting in late October 2014, you can tell us the future.

Oct 22, 2013, 12:46 PM

One very simple, powerful message from Saturday night - HOLD ONTO THE FOOTBALL! Two fumbles led to 14 pts. How many dropped passes, not just by Seckinger? The early fumbles and drops caused a bust in composure, which was magnified by the stage they were on, then panic, then capitulation. We keep hearing about this team's maturity, but I dont believe it. 'Mature' teams do not play this way. Some people better grow up fast, or losing to Maryland, Vir or Ga Tech will put bold lettering on 'pulling a Clemson'. I'm not wishing it, but suppose Winston pulls a hammy, sprains a knee, etc. and FSU drops a couple?

Oct 22, 2013, 2:08 PM

Some great points but the fact remains that the coaches need to do far better in getting this team ready to play. For over 3 games I have a team perform well below its capabilities and that is a major coaching concern to me.
I need to see more enthusiasm, much better play calling, and a conviction not just to beat the opponent but to destroy them! GOOO TIGERS

Oct 26, 2013, 12:28 AM

Me personally don't feel the talent gap is as wide as you think between Clemson and FSU. Do the same, linebackers the same, secondary FSU,we the same, Old same, RB FSU. We have a lot of talented RB on the shelf and DB's. What I saw in the game was turnovers, penalties, and something I seen that I haven't heard mention was Wes breaking off there routes. If all 3 hadn't happened It would have been different and not given a Great FSU team the momentum. We have a great team at Clemson but youth at some positions cost us. Go Tigers!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic