»
Topic: Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 2, 2012 4:50 PM by: UtilTiger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 9:47 AM

ACC Offensive Line Rankings

ACC Offensive Line Rankings
As I mentioned in a previous blog, evaluating offensive linemen is difficult. First, we don't know their assignments. We may think they missed a block when they were not charged with blocking that defender. Also, it is difficult to watch offensive linemen on t

Full Story »

2020 admin level member

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 9:52 AM

Interesting our ranking versus VT's considering we both return the same number of starters. I would have guessed they might be reversed from here but I guess we will find out soon enough

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 10:40 AM

I've seen jounalists repeatedly quote Coach Caldwell as saying that the OL will be better this year, and I don't think that's what he said.

I watched the interview and he stated that this year's line would be "better athletically" than last year's.

Better athleticism does not necessarilly tranlate into a better all around line. I find it hard to believe that a group starting two sophomores, along with a converted DL will be better than a group that consisted of three seniors, an all ACC junior and a sophomore.

We shall see, but count me as very concerned about both lines of scrimage.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Give me an athlete any day

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 11:09 AM

You can coach up the athletes to build their knowledge of the game. Coaching only takes you so far if you have inferior talent to those around you.

I can understand why given this qoute

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 3:36 PM

" "We will know quickly when we get on the field. I think we have some talented guys. Athletically, we could be better than the group last year - we will be better."

It's the last part of that sentence that people have been focusing on.

I remember not to many years ago that....

Posted: Aug 2, 2012 4:50 PM

Thunder and Lightning were returning for a big year only to be disappointed because we did not have a very good OL.

Even with the WR corps that we have, It all starts with the line. If you control the line of scrimage, you win the game.

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Virginia
FOR SALE: $350 for 2 tickets, section A, row CC with a parking pass in Lot 11. Please email for interest. Go T...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1541 people have read this post