»
Topic: Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 21, 2019 4:25 PM by: Smiling Tiger®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.

[12]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 2:44 PM

No other college football team benefits as much from a loooooong-gone tradition of being a football power. This isn't 1949, or 1964, or 1973, or 1985.

FOR GOD"S SAKE IT'S 2019 PEOPLE! MICHIGAN HAS NOT BEEN A FOOTBALL POWER FOR DECADES! TODAY, THEY ARE HOT GARBAGE. AT NO POINT THIS YEAR HAS THERE BEEN ANY LOGICAL REASON TO RANK THEM IN THE TOP 25. GOODGAWDALMIGHTY!

Yeah, there's Notre Dame, and I could make a pretty good case for Florida, but give it up you football "experts", get off of Michigan's dink for 5 seconds and recognize they have been mediocre for years.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Most talking heads seem to live 50-100 years behind

[4]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 2:47 PM

the current date. Always talking about Michigan. Always talking about Notre Dame. Yeah, they were great. Before the forward pass.

Re: Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.

[3]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 2:48 PM

Totally agree!!!! And yet every year they put them up there and a b1g team supposedly “knocks” them out... never should have been there. Now wisky will move way way up.

2019 orange level member2016_pickem_champ.jpg

Wisc will have thrashed an awful Michigan team, a team that

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 2:54 PM

should be ranked around 50-60, maybe. Yet they will benefit as if they just beat the New England Patriots. Michigan will still be in the top 25, probably top 20. No matter what happens the rest of the season, Michigan will finish in the top 25, and will be ranked in the top 15 to start next season.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.

[3]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 2:48 PM

You are correct, sir. I can't believe they were ranked #11 coming into this game.

2019 purple level member

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'll see your Michigan and raise you 2 Georgias

[2]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 2:59 PM

It's always been that way. Don't forget Notre Dame.

Well, Michigan has reached the pinnacle much more

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 3:20 PM

Recently than ND and the Dawgs. Still...22 years is the most recent. That's generational...isn't it?

Read my post.

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 3:26 PM

I mentioned Notre Dame. I agree that UGA gets a favorable bump fairly consistently, but they have been far better than Michigan over the last few years, and they certainly are much better now.

- H. L. Mencken

ohio state will thrash harbaughs wolverines worst than the

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 4:00 PM

badgers did today.

Agreed!***

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2019 4:25 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: NC State
FOR SALE: 8 together in Sec 31 (Clemson section). Will split in any quantity. $135ea. Can meet in Greenville o...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
572 people have read this post