Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami vs LSU to open the season. Who you got?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Miami vs LSU to open the season. Who you got?

Jul 24, 2018, 4:13 PM

I'm pulling for the 10 bite sandwich in this one. Call it conference pride I guess.

This could be a really good game, if it wasn't for the opening game aspect. Teams are always sloppy the first game of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami vs LSU to open the season. Who you got?

Jul 24, 2018, 4:16 PM

I'll be pulling for Miami

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Richt is one of the top five coaches in the country.

Jul 24, 2018, 4:17 PM

He shocked UGA when he left to go back to his Alma mater where he already has things rolling. The U by 24.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Mark Richt is one of the top five coaches in the country.

Jul 24, 2018, 4:21 PM

lmfao at that. richt aint even top 10.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had the second best team in the first best conference.

Jul 24, 2018, 4:23 PM

I guess you could put him higher than 5, but lower? No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

So you only think four coaches at the most are better?

Jul 24, 2018, 7:36 PM

Who are those four coaches?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So are you really this dense?

Jul 25, 2018, 8:30 AM

Mark Richt is top 5. Period. End of discussion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

An argument could be made that he is better than Saban, Dabo, and Meyer.

Jul 25, 2018, 11:08 AM

Why only top 5?

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Actually, the ACC is the 5th best congerence

Jul 25, 2018, 6:06 AM [ in reply to He had the second best team in the first best conference. ]

LOL

Delusional nonsense.***

Jul 25, 2018, 7:38 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually it's called a conference

Jul 25, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Actually, the ACC is the 5th best congerence ]

Typical inbred UGA fan that can't spell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's ridiculous. The ACC is better than the Big XII and

Jul 25, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Actually, the ACC is the 5th best congerence ]

way better than the Pac 12. Several metrics had the ACC even with or ahead of the SEC as the best conference in CFB in 2016. It wasn't quite as good last year, but it was still top 3.

And the ACC will probably get crapped on by ignorant people this year because there's going to be a lack of top tier teams outside of Clemson, but the ACC is going to have more average to good teams and less bad teams than any other league this year.

I know this is a tough ask for a Georgia fan, but you should really try to educate yourself.

Re: Actually, the ACC is the 5th best congerence

Jul 25, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Actually, the ACC is the 5th best congerence ]

moron.............Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

Re: He had the second best team in the first best conference.

Jul 25, 2018, 8:35 AM [ in reply to He had the second best team in the first best conference. ]

FILL ME IN ON WHAT MARK RICHT HAS EVER WON. HE COACHED AT UGA IN A STATE WHERE ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS WALK OUTSIDE TO RUN INTO A PLAYER. LAST YEAR THIS SUPPOSED 2ND BEST TEAM IN THE ACC LOST TO PITT, LOST 38-3 AND LOST THEIR BOWL GAME TO END THE YEAR. I THINK HE IS A VERY GOOD RECRUITER BUT COACHING WISE I PUT HIM IN THE CATEGORY OF MACK BROWN, JIMBO FISHER AND A FEW OTHERS. NOT A GOO X AND O GUY.

Wait, does Pitt disqualify a team from being really good?

Jul 25, 2018, 8:44 AM

Because, well...2016

Re: Wait, does Pitt disqualify a team from being really good?

Jul 25, 2018, 8:50 AM

UH WE DID NOT LOSE OUR LAST 3 GAMES IN 2016 LAST I CHECKED.

Re: Wait, does Pitt disqualify a team from being really good?

Jul 25, 2018, 8:51 AM

WE JUST DISAGREE. NO BIG DEAL. GUESS WE WILL SEE HOW GOOD HE IS THIS YEAR.

Re: Mark Richt is one of the top five coaches in the country.

Jul 25, 2018, 5:50 AM [ in reply to Mark Richt is one of the top five coaches in the country. ]

He shocked UGA when he left to go back to his Alma mater where he already has things rolling. The U by 24.

Left? He was run out from what I remember

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He left, just like when Tommy Bowden resigned at Clemson hth***

Jul 25, 2018, 8:31 AM

I've only got one thing to say about this game

Jul 24, 2018, 4:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx6HfqyXdY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: I've only got one thing to say about this game

Jul 24, 2018, 7:33 PM

Quality lyrics, amazing background musicians and the subject matter holds the listener captive.

0/10 would not recommend.

DB23

IDK; IDC....

Jul 24, 2018, 5:24 PM

Do I want the U to win?(have an obnoxious Miami co-worker constantly talking #### about Clemson despite the fact the last 2 times we've played they scored a grand total of 3 pts)...

Do I want the Bayou bungles to win?(know some LSU fans that were VERY salty after the chick fil-a/Peach bowl.... Was still talking noise after that game)....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 5:27 PM

Miami... LSU will have a trash QB like always.

Jul 24, 2018, 5:29 PM

I want Miami. I think it is a toss up.

Miami by 2+ TDs***

Jul 24, 2018, 5:47 PM

Jul 24, 2018, 5:56 PM

Hate to say I’ll be pulling for Miami, but I think LSU will roll them that early in the season. LSU has talent that will show in week one. Might pick Miami if it were week 10

As an LSU grad...

Jul 24, 2018, 6:23 PM

I think Miami exposes LSU for the middle of the road 3 SEC win team they are. But it's LSU so you never know. I called the troy loss last year, but I left the Auburn game at half time because it looked like a blowout and I had to go get ready to watch my real tigers.

It all depends on if Burrow lives up to the hype. When your only hyped players are DBs you know you might be in trouble. I have no idea who the starting running back is even going to be this year with Guice and Williams gone. This is probably Coach Oeaux's curtain call season, let's be honest.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's your opinion on Matt Canada getting shown the door?

Jul 24, 2018, 6:55 PM

I thought Ed Orgeron orchestrated the biggest coordinator hire since Dabo pulled Venables from Ok.

But, then he never let him run the offense he brought him in for. Total head scratcher.

All in all, I guess things will be better b/n Orgeron and the staff, but, I think Canada would have given everyone fits in that league if given the chance.

Re: What's your opinion on Matt Canada getting shown the door?

Jul 24, 2018, 7:53 PM

Well I agree he did organize a coordinator coup but I'd argue it was keeping Aranda. Dude is almost at the level of Jimmy greenbeans. I agree though that he should have let Canada run his offense, but there are also interesting tidbits that have since come out that make me question Canada's genius. I mean, he's never succeeded for more than one season anywhere he goes before leaving. Coach O came out and said at Media says he was the wrong person. I'd say the jury is still out on Canada. I mean he beat us (Clemson) but... It's hard to go undefeated.
I think LSU still has a lot of talent, more than Miami, but Richt might win on coaching alone.

It'll be an interesting game.

Re: What's your opinion on Matt Canada getting shown the door?

Jul 24, 2018, 10:21 PM [ in reply to What's your opinion on Matt Canada getting shown the door? ]

I think lsu has better overall talent. And i think they win a close one..

He did but it was Dave Aranda***

Jul 24, 2018, 10:36 PM [ in reply to What's your opinion on Matt Canada getting shown the door? ]

Re: As an LSU grad...

Jul 25, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to As an LSU grad... ]

This is a weird LSU team for sure. Missing on Akers and Etienne puts them in a weird spot where nobody has any idea who their RB is. I don't even think they really got a potential early contributor in 2018. It seemed like they were going to get Joiner but he went to Auburn.

Jul 25, 2018, 11:24 AM

Supposedly the kid they got from the lab school on campus is a monster but we'll see.

Jul 25, 2018, 12:28 PM

Brossette the senior? I mean maybe but in three years he has less than 300 career yds, he was behind Fournette and Guice though.

I hope we make a push for Tyrion Davis, who's from Southern University Lab. His 40 time for a guy his size is good and he'd give Elliot the big back he's wanted for a while. He's an LSU commit but he's spoken publicly about the three schools that might be able to flip him and LSU seems to be regaining momentum for Emery Jr.

Miami. LSU's still too slow.***

Jul 24, 2018, 6:32 PM

Miami

Jul 24, 2018, 7:52 PM

Richt got this easy.

Miami really needs to win this game. I don't think LSU is going to be particularly good this year

Jul 24, 2018, 9:33 PM

I could see LSU going 7-5 if they lose that game.

Da U.***

Jul 24, 2018, 9:34 PM

Jul 24, 2018, 10:39 PM

Miami by 3. Should be a great tight game.
24-21.

Someone on ESECPN said LSU by two touchdowns. So, if

Jul 25, 2018, 7:52 AM

you take away the 17 points that they give all SEC teams, Da U wins by a field goal. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FWIW, FPI gives Miami a 66% chance to beat LSU and

Jul 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

Bill Connelly just released his Miami preview today and his S&P+ projections have Miami as a 3.5 point favorite and 58% to win.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/7/25/17545926/miami-hurricanes-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

Jul 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

I have miami squeaking past this snooze fest

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 10:23 AM

This could actually be an interesting game to watch. Coach O is already approaching "hot seat" status at LSU. Should his team lose then he could endure a long disappointing season. I'd pick LSU with the right head coach, but have to think Miami wins by three to ten points.

A win helps the ACC gain even greater status as a conference and makes a Clemson versus Miami ACC championship even more appealing to a national audience at the close of the season.

Go Clemson Tigers!

Jul 25, 2018, 10:25 AM

LSU will win. ACC teams tend to choke at the last minute and lose these games.

Jul 25, 2018, 10:26 AM

well it sure will not come down to coaching. lol

Jul 25, 2018, 10:26 AM

should be a good one.....canes will pull it out at the end.......Go Tigers!!!!!

Jul 25, 2018, 11:30 AM

Miami. They are simply a much better coached team. Richt will have them competing for a ACC title real soon, though he still has a ways to go looking at last years title game.

On paper Miami should probably win but SEC teams seem to

Jul 25, 2018, 12:18 PM

always win these neutral site openers. Tough pick... I think I'm leaning toward Miami on this one

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic