Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meyer back soon ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Meyer back soon ?

Aug 21, 2018, 1:48 PM

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1031646698551107585

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another slap on the wrist

Aug 21, 2018, 1:53 PM

When is the NCAA going to start getting involved with moral and ethic conducts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another slap on the wrist

Aug 21, 2018, 2:07 PM

They quit doing that years ago. Colleges and universities have learned that you can easily out lawyer the NCAA. They are basically a toothless entity that does not bring fear to who they are investigating anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meyer back soon ?

Aug 21, 2018, 2:05 PM

The question here, ultimately, is whether or not Meyer reported Smith's conduct up the chain of command.

If Meyer in fact did so, and OSU was correctly appraised of the situation, there would be very little justification for Ohio State to fire him "with cause".

Mind, this looks bad and will without question be used against Meyer on the recruiting trail - between Aaron Hernandez and the myriad of misbehaving children he had at UF, and this latest bit with Smith - it can easily be spun that Meyer does not maintain or enforce off-the-field discipline in his staff or locker room, and as such there are some sketchy characters about - but beyond the PR black eye I don't know that lying to the media is a firing offense, as long as Meyer took appropriate action within the guidelines of OSU's conduct policy and the guidelines set forth by Title IX. Which is the real question here.

Though - again - it looks real bad.

Re: Meyer back soon ?

Aug 21, 2018, 2:08 PM

My question is how does the handling of Smith sleeping with staffer affect things or does it?

Obviously someone knew about it since she was moved to another area of the athletic dept.

Was that handled properly? Urban would obviously have known about that. If anything, it goes to show he was protecting Smith over making the right choices for the program as a whole.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats what i figured. If he notified all the parties he was

Aug 21, 2018, 2:10 PM

supposed to like he stated and they were able to verify it, then its not on him its on his bosses. The only thing at that point would be why did he want that sleazeball around. But that isn't really a crime its just a misjudgement. But if they were able to verify that he didn't notify people then you got a case against him.

The only thing that is the wildcard is the social climate and how those involved weigh that out. Nowadays if there is a hint or association with enabling abusive behavior then they'll go for the top rung and try to make an example. I don't think they should fire him unless there is just damnable proof of a cover up.

As I posted earlier...

Aug 21, 2018, 2:28 PM

No matter what Ohio State is not going to come out of this looking good.

Scenario 1: Urban reported Zack Smith's alleged abuse up the chain in 2015. That begs the question - What action did Athletic Department and University take? If they did something - what was it? What changed in the situation that resulted in Smith's firing three years later in 2018? Without further explanation, this scenario (Urban reporting it to the AD in 2015) appears that the University sat on the allegation (or did very little) and only fired Smith once the allegations hit the media. Not exactly a good look as one might infer that nothing would have happened to Smith if it remained behind closed doors. Either way OSU looks like a bunch of hypocritical dip$h*ts willing to sweep domestic violence under the rug as long as they didn't get caught. Someone at OSU (athletic Director?) is gonna have to take the fall for the 3 years of inaction and the University will do all they can to save face.

Scenario 2: The University was unaware of Zack Smith's alleged abuse in 2015 because Urban did not tell the AD and violated the terms of his contract and title IX. The fact that Urban knew about the allegations is not up for dispute (he admitted as much in his lame statement released a couple weeks ago). This is the best case scenario for the University but the one that die hard OSU fans will not like. If this is the case, I see no way the University can excuse Myer's behavior and not punish him. If the University goes light on the punishment (i.e. couple of game suspension, dock some pay etc...) then the press will have a field day. If the University fires Meyer - a lot of idiot OSU fans will be in up in arms but most of the press will commend them for taking such action.

Regardless, OSU is tainted by this whole mess and Urban Meyer has had the band-aid ripped off his lying face to expose his true character. What amazes me is that Urban and/or the University wanted to give cover for a lower level position coach of questionable character. They could have quietly let him go in 2015 for "undisclosed" reasons instead of waiting 3 years when it was a forced firing due to the negative press.

The one bit of luck for OSU is that the recent Maryland story and their idiot coach is taking a lot of the press' attention away from the Zack Smith/Urban Meyer issue right now...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I posted earlier...when do they look at the Athletic

Aug 21, 2018, 3:07 PM

Director. He has the Tressel matter, Clarett, a diving coach having sex w divers, and now this. On top of this the University seemed to have covered up or ignored a wrestling team doctor assaulting numerous wrestlers in the 80-90's. Yet the Pres making this decision fired the band director a couple years ago for a culture of female harassment. Just seems there are way too many issues cropping up there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I posted earlier...when do they look at the Athletic

Aug 21, 2018, 5:31 PM

Yeah, hes not batting a great average there. But I'm sure 11 Warriors and the Red Posse will support all of them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he has suffered enough***

Aug 21, 2018, 2:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: he has suffered enough***

Aug 21, 2018, 5:43 PM

Let Fla decide what should be done

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic