Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Meanwhile over at FGF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Meanwhile over at FGF

Sep 19, 2018, 12:22 PM

They are HILARIOUS!!! They're talking about how MudDump can make them a powerhouse by recruiting. Look at this mess.....

Coyote89
Coyote89
4ever2thee said: ?
I've often heard Boom is a great recruiter and the staff we now have is the best overall staff of recruiters we've ever had. But, so far it seems SOS was better. At least until he signed Clowney, and then he quit. Anyway, I recall hearing SOS say that his approach was to make SC the "cool school." I'm not sure exactly what Boom is doing, but it seems SOS's approach worked while he was employing it.
He's right about making South Carolina "cool." When you're surrounded by traditional bluebloods, many of whom have superior in-state recruiting turf, you have to set the program apart. Spurrier's presence alone helped accomplish that because he was a legend. Lately, Muschamp is trying to do something similar by transitioning to an up-tempo offense and having weekly uniform changes. Rather than being traditional, it may actually help a program like USC to be trendy. I've argued many times that USC should try to be the Oregon of the SEC. Combine that style of offense and trendy uniform design with things that already make USC unique like 2001, Sandstorm, the Cockaboose railroad, the unique stadium lighting towers that make it look like a spaceship, etc. That's how you sell the truly elite recruits on USC instead of Florida, FSU, Georgia, Clemson, Bama, etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, did some coot dikweed just say that

Sep 19, 2018, 12:29 PM

"the unique stadium lighting towers that make it look like a spaceship" is how you sell the truly elite recruits on USuCk instead of Florida, FSU, Georgia, Clemson, Bama, etc?

And since when is some crappy techno song unique? 2001 was stolen - ie, not unique. Everything about the 2001 entrance was stolen - ie, not unique. The only thing I'll give him is the broken down train that people tailgate in, fine that's unique but elite recruits DGAF about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Cabooses original? Louisville says “hi”.***

Sep 19, 2018, 2:06 PM

Loserville has a broken down train they tailgate in too?

Sep 19, 2018, 4:42 PM

Talk about two fan bases who couldn't be more alike...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Even their future renovation plans for Willy B were stolen.

Sep 19, 2018, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Wait, did some coot dikweed just say that ]

Just look at the concept drawings.

Re: Meanwhile over at FGF

Sep 19, 2018, 12:37 PM

'Unique lighting towers' huh?
Not a spaceship...of course, it's more like a cockroach.
A dead one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing about being "trendy" is that trends

Sep 19, 2018, 12:38 PM

tend to cycle out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: The thing about being "trendy" is that trends

Sep 19, 2018, 3:28 PM

I see what you did there.

"Hey kid, you could go play...

Sep 19, 2018, 12:48 PM

at a school that is known for putting players in the NFL, or you could come play in our spaceship"

DO NOT...under ANY circumstance...try to fix stupid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I HATE USCjr, but..

Sep 19, 2018, 12:52 PM

..that poster isn't that far off base. Now, I'll challenge his points on their lighting, facilities, cockboose or whatever that thing is called.

But he's right that they have to do something to set themselves apart. If my program was sandwiched between Clemson, UGA, and other powerhouses, I'd probably want to find every little niche I could.

I don't disagree with that

Sep 19, 2018, 1:04 PM

Honestly, if the coots just want to be competitive, they should consider running an option system like GT. They'll never dominate the conference with it, but they'll never be in the cellar of the conference either.

Tailgating sex and hand jobs in the stands isn't a niche?***

Sep 19, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I HATE USCjr, but.. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 19, 2018, 12:59 PM

I've never gotten the hype over Muschamp as a great recruiter. He may very well be great at in, but before taking the South Carolina job he had coaching jobs at LSU, Auburn, Texas, and Florida which are all places that are near the top of the recruiting rankings pretty much every year. I'm sure he got lots of 4 and 5 star guys at those places, but so does pretty much every staff at those schools. He's gotten some 4 star guys at South Carolina, but they also got 4 and sometimes 5 star guys under Lou Holtz and Spurrier as well.

Sep 19, 2018, 1:00 PM

It must really be depressing to be a worm puller.

Sep 19, 2018, 1:03 PM

He needs another handle. Coyotes are actually quite intelligent unlike this stupid guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon seems to have cycled out. By all means be the...

Sep 19, 2018, 1:07 PM

Oregon of the SEC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL... things that already make $CU unique...lol

Sep 19, 2018, 1:50 PM

like;

The most ignorant and deluded fans in existence

A history built largely on failure

The third quarter mass exodus

Giving the middle finger salute to opposing players and fans

Throwing water bottles at opposing players and fans

A cross dressing chicken for a mascot

A fight song titled "Step to the Rear" (how appropriate).

A stadium entrance that was stolen from an Elvis Presley Concert and thousands of high schools across the country.

A stadium surrounded by delipidated buildings, abandoned warehouses, meth labs, crack dens, drug dealers, and homeless vagrants

Fans having sex in the tailgate lots

Fans giving hand jobs in the stands

Doo doo ice

Being a coaching graveyard

The smell of the the Columbia Sewage Treatment plant just down the road.

A fan base with a collective brain power unable to light a fire flys a$$.

Living vicariously through the opponents of your in-state rival

Riding the coattails of your conference while contributing absolutely nothing to it.

Diplomas that double as handicapped parking placards

A wannabe program desperately searching for an identity (Carolina is in Chapel Hill and USC is in Southern California).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Lol @ Sandstorm & 2001 being original

Sep 19, 2018, 1:58 PM

Like saying a Honda Accord is unique. No offense to you Honda owners

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic