Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavis Bryant gone again!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Martavis Bryant gone again!!

Dec 14, 2018, 4:57 PM

Martavis Bryant suspended indefinitely for violating league substance abuse policy! AGAIN!! WOW...guess we know where his priorities are

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's really sad

Dec 14, 2018, 5:01 PM

Re: That's really sad

Dec 14, 2018, 6:17 PM

All of us have wished him the best .My friends he don’t want what we want for him and without his desire to get away from drugs we can wish and hope till the cows come home.For me I’m over him.

Re: Martavis Bryant gone again!!

Dec 14, 2018, 5:02 PM

He's made a whole bunch of money. Hopefully he can get himself some help and really get it together. It sounds like you want the best for him just like the rest of Tiger Nation

Dec 14, 2018, 6:45 PM

It's not going to last long. People who make poor choices usually do not limit them in one area. We will be read more about him later. At some point people that care about him, including us, just have to realize that we have to let it go. I wish him the best.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’d think the guy was a junkie

Dec 16, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant gone again!! ]

By the way I read comments on here. Sure he keeps breaking the rules, but the rules are asinine and absurdly hypocritical. This is the same #### league that prescribes addictive opioid pain medication to excess but has a hard line policy on marijuana? Even more stupid considering weed is no PED and sure as hell doesn’t give you a competitive advantage. Hopefully the rule on marijuana changes soon once these old time morons age out of the rules committee. So let’s keep doping up players with handfuls of hydrocodones and OxyContin while we sneer at anyone who dares touch weed!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 5:17 PM

Link?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here

Dec 14, 2018, 5:32 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25535611/nfl-suspends-oakland-raiders-receiver-martavis-bryant-violating-substance-abuse-policy

Re: here

Dec 14, 2018, 7:00 PM

Does anybody know what drug/drugs he was suppose to have abused?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 7:06 PM

He's been abusing a plant . The only course of action now I believe is to find anther team that doesn't know about how much he likes plants .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Maybe he can go to Denver

Dec 14, 2018, 7:16 PM

They might look the other way seeing how its legal up there.

A shame really. What a waste.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Maybe he can go to Denver

Dec 14, 2018, 8:23 PM

Weed is legal in Oakland

Dec 15, 2018, 12:42 AM [ in reply to here ]

I may have read this wrong but could it not be he violated some of the terms of his reinstatement like testing or meetings or something besides the drugs themselves?? May be completely wrong

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

His motivation to stay sober probably died when he

Dec 15, 2018, 9:25 AM

got put on IR. Add to that that he lives in an area where it's easy (easier) to get weed and there you have it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: here ]

You could be right bc, it didn't say that he tested positive!!!

Dec 14, 2018, 5:20 PM

Everyone says he needs help, yet “most”, say marijuana isn’t bad... Well it just cost him his career.

Dec 14, 2018, 5:32 PM

tigersx4 said:

Everyone says he needs help, yet “most”, say marijuana isn’t bad... Well it just cost him his career.

I don’t feel sorry for martavis anymore even though I think marijuana should be legal. He knew the rules going in, had many second chances to get back in the game and he blew it...plain and simple.

I can’t believe he let smoke interfere w his ability to earn a once in a life time living. That’s just sad...i hope I’m overlooking something. I wish the best for him moving forward and hope he doesn’t slip into depression after he realizes the generational income he just left on the table.

Does anyone know for sure that's what it is?

Dec 14, 2018, 5:38 PM

No on hurts like the parent(s) of an addict.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:08 PM

(Am there right now. He and his "significant other" have been clean for 8 months.)

There is nothing like addiction!!!!!!!

Here's another Tiger pulling for MB to win this life changing battle . . . everyday!!!

Re: No on hurts like the parent(s) of an addict.

Dec 15, 2018, 7:24 AM

I don't have any first or second hand experiences with it, but it is obviously a tenacious demon. It must truly be heartbreaking. I hope your young'un one can finally break it.

Great perspective, Skeeta

Dec 15, 2018, 7:34 AM [ in reply to No on hurts like the parent(s) of an addict. ]

Your comment is the ONLY one that matters. Judging Bryant does no good. If you're not an addict, you have no clue the grip it has on you. Zilch...nada...so, don't judge.

People need to be who they all too often pretend to be each week while sitting in a pew. So, here's your test...support him...or demonize him, and all the others gripped in the tentacles of something most of us, blessedly, have positively no idea what it means to try and live with...and through. And while you're at it, consider changing the lock on your own closet, lest some of your perceived 'perfection' slip away.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone know for sure that's what it is?

Dec 15, 2018, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Does anyone know for sure that's what it is? ]

Me too, I have a brother that was an amazing stick car driver and would have been racing in the then Winston Cup, but cocaine was more powerful then and still is today

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 15, 2018, 2:40 AM

I am sorry jc . . . May he win his battle daily!!!
Have covered him in prayer this night.

Dec 15, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone know for sure that's what it is? ]

What type of stick did he drive, or ride;)

Marijuana isn't bad.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant gone again!! ]

It's propaganda to say otherwise.

He's in the same situation as he would be in if he gained 40 pounds by eating too much, or if he had a crippling addiction to alcohol (which is legal).

The NFL does not agree with you, and they are the only ones

Dec 14, 2018, 6:19 PM

whose opinion matters a dayum in this scenario. Have a nice next toke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't smoke. I just possess critical thinking ability.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:24 PM

Most jobs drug test just because of the backwards thinking resulting from anti-MJ propaganda that's dominated mainstream society for the past century.

I don't give a #### what the NFL thinks. Like I said, Bryant would also be out of the league if he had 4 DUIs. Congratulations on totally missing the point.

Re: I don't smoke. I just possess critical thinking ability.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:15 PM

I didn't miss the point at all. I just have real world data. I worked in the Chemical industry for over 40 years. We used some very dangerous chemicals on a daily basis in the production of our products. During the early part of that time, there were a few individuals working there who also worried me on a near daily basis, that they would do something stupid that might get them or me killed. They seemed to be "out of it" a lot of the time. My industry started random drug testing in the late 80's, and before long, these individuals had used up their first and second chances, which were all you got at the time, and were (thankfully) gone. It was not cocaine or harder stuff that made their performance suspect, or that got them ultimately fired. It was not being willing (or able) to stop smoking marijuana. So, I strongly suspect that if you did smoke, on a regular basis, you would lose some of that critical thinking ability. Or, you would be one genetically superior being. Use that critical thinking ability and figure out which one it would probably be. I can't speak for the NFL, but in industry, those rules are made because they know allowing its use would ultimately adversely affect the bottom $$$ line. We did have four fatalities during these years, even without drugs being involved. There were several other incidents that could easily have resulted in multiple fatalities, but for the Grace of God. So, the dangers were very real.

ps.
I may have actually tried the evil weed back in college, and I can assure you I am not one of those genetically superior beings who it would not affect. (Or the stuff these days is not as potent, couldn't hazard a guess about that!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your reaction time slows WHILE you're stoned.

Dec 15, 2018, 9:31 AM

If you work in a dangerous industry and people were coming in high, then they're ####### idiots, but it had nothing to do with the weed.

Critical thinking isn't really hampered, but your impulse control is lower so you might say things before you think them through.

I've smoked basically daily for about a decade now and my critical thinking is just fine, thank you. Thought process is a touch slower, but I'm also a decade older so I'd be hesitant to attribute that to just the cannabis.

And no, the cannabis today is definitely NOT less potent than whatever ditch weed you got in the 70s.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marijuana isn't bad.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Marijuana isn't bad. ]

Both of which would have gotten him licked off the team. I guess you just pick the way you want to destroy your career. I think I would go with the alcohol and food.

I wouldn't. Weed is much better than both.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:54 PM

It just happens to be the thing that a lot of alcoholics and fatties chastise to make themselves feel better about their own life choices.

Re: Marijuana isn't bad.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Marijuana isn't bad. ]

But weed is against the rules in the NFL, and until if ever they change that rule, every player knows the risk they are taking every time they use it. And with MB, he knew they had a Sharpe eye on him just waiting for him to screw up bc they thought that he would, and they were going to make an example out of him. If they can ruin the career of a very promising player to show just how serious they were about not allowing weed in the NFL, that is what they were going to do. In my life time, I have smoked my weight in weed 10 times over. But when I went in pain management, I was told that weed would get me kicked out for ever, I stopped smoking weed, and it did help with my pain, but not on the days with a serious flare up, so I had to give up weed for the horrible pain killers that I do need at times.They can come and wake me up in the middle of any night, and I will test negative from any drug not prescribed to me by my pain management Dr. Once the rule has been made, you have to go along with their rule or face their consequences, and it is just that simple!!! At one time in m y life, I could have been considered a chronic weed user!!!

Ed Zachary. No matter how much of a political football some

Dec 16, 2018, 2:32 PM

want to make pot use, the FACT is, its use is currently prohibited by the NFFingL rules. The only thing I agree with Stephen A(ss) Smith about: STAY OFF THE DAYUM WEEEEEEDDDDDDH!

The fact that it's illegal cost him his career.

Dec 15, 2018, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant gone again!! ]

It's not harmful.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:39 PM

Obviously this dude is not right in the head so I hope he finds some peace.
I mean to throw away millions of dollars like he has over weed is head scratching.
I’m sure he still has plenty of money but probably not what you would think because he has broke his contact how many times? I’m sure he has gone a lot of weeks without a pay check. It’s really a waste of talent and when he is an Avg Joe in a few years.
That’s when things are really going to fall apart.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:28 PM

They have already fell apart where he is concerned!!! Now he has to get a real job, and most jobs do not allow weed use, even as a burger flipper!!!

Using PEDs gets you 4 games. Smoking pot gets you indefinitely. Seems fair***

Dec 14, 2018, 6:45 PM

Dec 14, 2018, 6:48 PM

The real travesty is the fact that it's 2018 and grown adults can not legally use a substance in the sanctity of their home that's less harmful than a happy meal.

Martavis Bryant was lighting the NFL up before his first suspension so it obviously was not slowing him down. The sad thing is that it will probably be legalized in a few years but his career will already be ruined....

Dec 14, 2018, 6:50 PM

I agree weed should be legal but I choose to keep my job.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant gone again!! ]

Typical stupidity coming from you. What is it that you don't understand about it's not about whether it is legal or illegal? It is against NFL rules .... period. Do you really think if it is legalized everywhere, then the NFL will drop the rule?

Dec 14, 2018, 7:02 PM

I just don’t understand why a player can drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes....those things are much worse.

Most people agree it should be legal, but yet Martavis should suffer?

Preach.

Dec 14, 2018, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant gone again!! ]

Jhop83®

I don't know if you remember this, but back before the USuCk game in Columbia in 2007 you handed me a spliff. I took a couple of drags and was toasted for the entire tailgate/game.

That's the year of the brawl at the tailgate that a few of our crew were involved in.

Much simpler times.

Re: Preach.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:06 PM

The glory years....

Re: Preach.

Dec 15, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Preach. ]

OK .... now I understand!

clearly its time to change the rules***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:03 PM

Re: clearly its time to change the rules***

Dec 14, 2018, 7:34 PM

Yes it is, and my pain management Dr has told me that if a law is passed for medical use of weed, I would be the first he wrote a prescription for. And if it becomes legal for every bodies use, I'll still get a prescription for the best stuff ;)

Maybe I missed something, but

Dec 14, 2018, 7:10 PM

I didn’t read anything regarding continued drug use.

“Effective immediately, Martavis Bryant has been returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended list indefinitely for violating the terms of his April 2017 conditional reinstatement under the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse," the league said in a statement”.

He apparently violated the terms of his reinstatement. Maybe he called Chucky an overrated dumb ###. I know that’s what I think about Gruden.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disappeared in a Puff of Smoke ...

Dec 14, 2018, 7:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MhsRV5IAzo
He was there … and then he was gone!

I know why...

Dec 14, 2018, 8:17 PM

https://youtu.be/WeYsTmIzjkw

Re: I know why...

Dec 14, 2018, 8:25 PM

Underrated song of the century

Dec 14, 2018, 10:29 PM

Not always that simple

Dec 15, 2018, 12:31 AM

That is awful. What a fool.

never heard of someone addicted to pot,guess

Dec 15, 2018, 12:47 AM

he is the 1st. It is legal in Oakland,It doesn't help your ability to play,so why do they test for it?

I was going to quit smoking pot until I got high.

Dec 15, 2018, 7:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 11:26 AM

Canada made it legal, he should be able to play up there without any suspensions.

Money won't be the same but if he still loves football and still loves smoking they can coexist without any repercussions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 1:13 PM

Does he have a problem with more than pot? Sure hope not. Hard to believe he has no means of staying off pot during a season, but perhaps more is afoot. Vivid memories of his spectacular interfered catch on the OBowl. It was right in front of me on that side of the field. Sad that substance may end his career.

Dec 16, 2018, 2:42 PM

If it’s just for weed then that’s ridiculous they would suspend him. I understand it’s probably a rule by the nfl but many nfl players have advocated that weed helps them after games and would rather smoke than take a bunch of pain pills

Dec 16, 2018, 3:45 PM

The pain from muscle spasms that comes from past injuries, weed works great for that pain bc it stops the spasms as good or better than any muscle relaxer they make, and the weed don't give you that awful dreadful hangover the next day that prescription muscle relaxers gives you.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic