Topic: Mac's Drive Inn. The Comeback
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 16, 2018 3:14 PM by: Prime T. Tiger
[ Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Mac's Drive Inn. The Comeback

[8]
Posted: May 16, 2018 1:48 PM

Remember how Mac's really went downhill for a few years after Mac's death? Rude workers, lower quality food, aging infrastructure and memorabilia (and not in the classic vintage way).

Well I went there today for the first time in years and let me say it's back folks. The burgers and hot dogs are great again and the workers were very nice and attentive. They have added some new memorabilia from 2016 that adds to the classic old Clemson stuff, while keeping it modern. Great experience again right there in Pendleton!

Did you order a milkshake or ask for ranch with your fries?***

[1]
Posted: May 16, 2018 1:56 PM

Re: Did you order a milkshake or ask for ranch with your fries?***

[2]
Posted: May 16, 2018 2:36 PM

I remember going to Mac's as a student back in the 60's. The restaurant at that time was a modified rail road car. Pretty cool

Re: Mac's Drive Inn. The Comeback

Posted: May 16, 2018 2:59 PM

I hope it has changed. I went in couple months ago and as a really bad cheeseburger. I will go try it again and hope you are right.

Glad to hear - was one of my favorite places.........

Posted: May 16, 2018 3:09 PM

when I was in school in the mid-70s and Mac was running it. Had many a hamburger steak there!!

Re: Mac's Drive Inn. The Comeback

Posted: May 16, 2018 3:14 PM

Thanks for the update; We've lived in the area for well over 30 yrs and have never been,
yep that's right. Even in the last few years, we would ride by it. Give it some thought
and then change our mind. But I am glad for the update and may try it out soon.

Replies: 5  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling four season tickets in section L, lower level, north stands. Asking $1,100 each OBO. Willing...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1257 people have read this post