Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love Feaster’s attitude on the challenges
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Love Feaster’s attitude on the challenges

Aug 21, 2018, 9:03 PM

of trying to become the starting RB. Instead of sulking, he’s meeting it head on and realizing it is healthy competition.

This team seems humble, hungry, and ready to go into each game giving 110% for their teammates.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love Feaster’s attitude on the challenges

Aug 21, 2018, 9:06 PM

I’m hoping he has a breakout year. His attitude seems different this season.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:12 PM

Last year the coaches rotated a lot of players regularly especially at the skill positions on offense. I expect this year to be no different. Feaster will get plenty of chances. I really like his attitude.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 10:33 PM

Bad thing is I still see a bunch of rotation at the RB spot too. Hoping maybe his weight loss helps get back that track speed, along with the experience he now has... Should make him more productive when he touches the ball. Really been wanting to see this kid break loose a bunch and do CJ proud wearing his number.

Aug 22, 2018, 5:39 AM

We rotated the backs last year a lot. It was frustrating at times because I think we all wanted to see more ETN. The average fan cares more about what a RB can do with the ball than whether or not he can do what he’s supposed to when he doesn’t. It looks like ETN will be more of a complete back this year but Feaster will see the field a lot. Last year we rotated bodies and wore teams down. That was the game plan and it worked for the most part until we played Alabama. BC and FSU were two games off the top of my head that I remember being close in the second half and because of this strategy we ended up blowing them out late in the game. A lot of guys got to play and it paid dividends over the course of the season.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:06 PM

I really like Feaster and hope he has a terrific year. As a matter of fact, we have some really talented RBs and hopefully all of them get their chance to shine.

I think it's easy to forget just how good Feaster was last

Aug 21, 2018, 10:08 PM

year. He came here with extremely high expectations and it took him a while to get going, and with Etienne exploding out of nowhere last year, Feaster gets overlooked somewhat. Able to run around and away from everyone with ease in HS, the challenge for him at Clemson was to beef up and run between the tackles; and he did that with a great deal of success. And while he may have lost a half-step in the process, he was still fast enough to run away from a lot of people (he averaged 6.3 yds per carry while rushing for 669 yds - not too shabby). It sounds like he has worked hard and may have regained that half-step. Looking forward to another big year from him and all of our RBs. Looking at his highlights from last year, notice how many arm tackles he runs through and tough runs he made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMttv66fyIs

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think it's easy to forget just how good Feaster was last

Aug 21, 2018, 10:44 PM

Man! He feasted on some poultry. Toothy Redbirds, turkeys, and of course dirtpeckers!

Aug 21, 2018, 10:46 PM

Oh and Ibis is too! (ACCCG)

Aug 21, 2018, 10:47 PM [ in reply to I think it's easy to forget just how good Feaster was last ]

I can't wait to see if it's helped personally.... Bothered me seeing Cain running with him, when he should have blasted by him. Hoping that half step back is the difference, now that he has to be feeling more confident in that shoulder than he ever was and his experience gained greatly last year.

Aug 22, 2018, 12:12 AM

That wasn’t Cain running with him. It was Tee.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 12:16 AM [ in reply to I think it's easy to forget just how good Feaster was last ]

If my memory serves, coach Scott indicated they added weight to Feaster due to his injured shoulder, but now that he's healthy they are getting the weight off of him. Feaster will have some excellent runs this year.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:11 PM

Feaster’s attitude reflects his character. He was a class act at Spartanburg High School, Nothing has changed. Hope he has a great season.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:38 PM

He is a great NFL prospect... North/south, hit the seam and go with plenty of burst to score from anywhere, and solid hands to boot. If his reduced weight gives him a little wiggle to go with it and he continues to improve as a pass protector, he will play at the next level for a bunch of years, even if he ends up having played behind a Heisman level guy.

Aug 22, 2018, 12:20 AM

^^^ Exactly

Remember, Feaster ran 4.34, laser timed at Nike Combine.

Aug 22, 2018, 12:52 AM

He also ran 10.4 in the 100m in high school and was the state champ in the 100 & 200.

The loss of 15lbs is going to do wonders for his quickness, but will especially impact his top end speed.

A lot of people don't remember the system he ran in was nothing like the system we run. Different plays, verbiage, etc. He's doing good considering the changes and injuries. I expect an even better version of Feaster in 2018!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic