Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville fan here... come in relative peace
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Louisville fan here... come in relative peace

Sep 23, 2016, 1:54 PM

What's up, Tigers? Looking forward to our game next weekend. I unfortunately will be in Pennsylvania and won't make the trip, but Death Valley is on my bucket list, even before joining the ACC, so I hope to get there in the next few years.

Anyway, wanted to get your thoughts on the early season 'struggles' that Clemson has had. We all know that your talent is there, and far better than that of Troy, GaTech and even Auburn... so I'm curious about how those games (specifically Troy) managed to stay so close?
I caught parts of them, but didn't get the chance to watch them in entirety (although I did catch the early dropped ball on the punt return...) Care to enlighten a layman on how those teams were able to keep it within reach for the most part? Were there glaring weaknesses or issues that seem to have been worked out by now (e.g. penalties, missed assignments, etc)? Would appreciate to get some insights from those in the know.

Thanks in advance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmmm

Sep 23, 2016, 1:56 PM

I think you're trying to get some inside information to help your team. We won't bite. Clemson is unbeatable and that's all you need to know. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True - we on the Tigernet have

Sep 23, 2016, 3:44 PM

ALL the inside information on the Tiger team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure...

Sep 23, 2016, 1:58 PM

Our coaches put in a very basic offensive package for the first few games (see last season), and don't deviate from that basic package. As the weeks go on, and we get into tougher competition, they open the playbook up and you see more of what you saw the end of last season, or the first half of last night's game.

I would be shocked to see anything less than what we saw the first half of the GT game, next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Sure...

Sep 23, 2016, 2:03 PM

^^^this for the most part and dropped passes. Against Troy we let about 200 yards get away from us due to drops.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

and next Sunday you'll be asking a whole new set of question

Sep 23, 2016, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Sure... ]

such as how can we beat the crap out of fsu but a team that Troy hung with beat the crap out of us!? You will feel Death Valley next Sat. night and get exposed all in one night.

Re: and next Sunday you'll be asking a whole new set of question

Sep 24, 2016, 1:48 AM

I conquer. Watson will can make it look easy, just like He did against GA Tech. We knew the Defense had the rest of the night to shine. He'll just do that now for four quarters, and bring the Alabama and Oklahoma, Miami, NC, GA wins with him. He has more of a resume than Lamar Jackson, and has broken now currently 40 school records in CU history. Sure Lamar is a dynamic athlete, you have that. The Tigers will stuff the run, and rush your quarterback causing 3 and outs. The backfield will be loaded with experience, and a deep roster of players that are NFL talent on defense on many levels. It will be a long night for the Cardinals in Death Valley.
The Clemson D-Fence just Held GA Tech to their lowest point average on a triple option offense to the lowest in scoring history since decades ago. Not to mention Dabo just won their for the first time since 2003. He has this team dialed in, and DEEP Now. I see why The Tigers coach didn't elect for style points but the W instead, Swinney was busy building up and strong team for the long-run of the season, He is a methodical coach and one of the best in the country with His team. Venables has the DL line and secondary playing at a very high level and the OL is strong.

What more could you possibly want, than a shootout, but a defensive overload in the Louisville backfield? Because that's inevitably going to happen. Clemson DL is in leading categories, in yards for loss in tackles ( again ) this year. Watson has shown and will show how He can run with the ball, throw the deep ball. Wayne Gallman will run with anger and have a hunger to win and become a Heisman favorite again with a home win against Louisville Sat.

Is that the kind of information you have been looking for? The many ways that Clemson can win on Sat.?

Louisville will see how deep the wide receiver core is and why Clemson was voted as a top scoring offense. Now, with a dominant, talented, and very large DL and pass rushers. Cardinals have and edge with Jackson and he will have to be contained, their linebackers are also NFL talent. Jackson will score and he can throw if given time to connect to wide receiver's. A looming question at the early part of the season was: How well can our now defense shut down the run? the pass? Questions answered- decisively. Clemson has the edge for DL, Linebackers, Defense ( shutdown the past 3 games )complete team- NFL talent everywhere( loaded offensively) and of course, Deshaun Watson at home for the confidence with his home crowd cheering at Memorial Stadium.
The Team with the least amount of turnovers wins. Both teams have talent. Lately the Tigers have cleaned that up as well as ranking high in special teams play and shown glimpses of easy it can be for the Tiger offense with a balanced game attack. DL will expose Jackson. Final.
Clemson: 38 Louisville :24

A- Tech

Sep 24, 2016, 3:03 AM [ in reply to Sure... ]

Still don't really understand why people are saying we haven't opened up the playbook. Looks like the same offense as last year, the plays just don't work sometimes and the defense makes a play.

Can't really think of anything we did last year that we aren't doing this year. Everything just went a lot more smooth last year, especially with Clemson kinda flying under the radar for most of the season and picked to lose every week. This year, every team we play got to sit around all summer and listen to everybody with a microphone say how good and dominant this team will be.

Execution just needs to be better. Sometimes you just gotta say that what we have been doing hasn't worked every single play, but it's been enough to be 4-0 so far

Sep 24, 2016, 7:55 AM

Just going to give you a hint. We have a guy that runs a 4.3 wearing a Legend's number...seen him much yet? Seen any plays that utilize that speed or misdirection? Also, in regards to last yr, how many QB designed runs have you seen so far?

Sep 24, 2016, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure... ]

Last year we were the underdogs, this year Clemson is expected to win every game so the nation constantly examines what Clemson is doing. There are always going to be things that coaches don't reveal, and Clemson is deeper this year in many skilled positions than in years past. I still believe Swinney is building up the younger players, getting them ready - the reason for " no style points" comment.

However, from a BIG Picture point of view, He's doing the right things. You don't know when a player will be injured. It's the wise thing to do, get those young players playing time. When their number is called " The moment isn't "too big" and the initial butterflies of being new are out and competing is all that is on the mind.
Sure there have been dropped passes, small mistakes. All that is getting cleaned up for games like this and bigger ones' to come.

It's the beginning of week five, this time last year, Clemson was just getting into the conversation's of moving from top 10 to top 5, still only the Clemson nation believed until the national championship game. Now, Everyone in the college landscape is going to be looking Saturday night to see if Clemson will be in the conversation again for the top four. Why, it's because the nation took a good look at National Contender team, not named Alabama.

With a Watson and Co, a DL that is big, fast and aggressive, there will be a focus on maintaining the ACC title- and going all the way to the top. Clemson has walked down this road recently, Louisville has not. The Tigers have the experience, skill, talent ad home field as their edge. Watson is a Heisman contender too, and wasn't in the conversation until later in the year also. W's are what get's you to the playoff's, and that's what Clemson intends to keeping taking throughout the year, whomever the opponent.

you might manage to keep it close too***

Sep 23, 2016, 2:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your guess is as good as mine, but here's what I heard

Sep 23, 2016, 2:01 PM

Troy is a really good football team and they played a good game. w t f??? NOT.
Auburn has the best defense on the planet. ??? maybe so.
DW had his head up his butt. smh ??? He seemed off for sure.

Ok - so those are the rumors. Feel free to spread them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville fan here... come in relative peace

Sep 23, 2016, 2:02 PM

We are hiding our play book when we can. The Troy game we had a lot if drops and DW and the O started to press but we went up 17 in the 4th our D just let them have 2 drives at the end. We know how to manage games and play to win. We don't have to score 60 points to win. We have over half our play book still in the books and has not been put on the field this year. We are battle tested already. Adversity will come y'all's way next Saturday as Lamar Jackson has never seen anything like what he will that night in Death Valley. He hasn't seen a D or a crowd like Clemson. I have been very impressed with him and the rest of the O but he will have to let his RBs get the ball sometimes against us IMO. Should be a great game and a great challenge for us. Tremendous job against FSU all around by your UL team. This will be the biggest game of the year I know our boys will be ready just hope the show isn't too big for your guys. I want y'all's best and expect to get it. I believe we win. I think our D can limit the offense and our O will do what they can do. I'm going 31-17 Clemson

people forget our RB has been solid, too...

Sep 23, 2016, 2:07 PM

Because Lamar has run wild so much this season, people (even Louisville fans) seem to forget that our RBs, specifically Brandon Radcliffe, is doing pretty #### well himself.

This season he has run for 296 yards on 26 attempts... an average of 11 yards/carry. He ran for 118 yards against FSU and 156 @Syracuse.

Re: people forget our RB has been solid, too...

Sep 23, 2016, 2:09 PM

FSU run D looked sad against ole miss and Cuse doesn't have a D. I am not taking anything away from him though that is impressive. We will find out what he can do against a real D though. It is not as easy to run against 4 NFL D lineman.

Sep 23, 2016, 2:12 PM [ in reply to people forget our RB has been solid, too... ]

You better hope your boys can handle the moment because it could be too big for them.

We ain't Syracuse...

Sep 23, 2016, 2:13 PM [ in reply to people forget our RB has been solid, too... ]

and it's pretty clear that FSU is going downhill fast without "Crablegs" Winston. I hope Petrino is pinning his hopes on Jackson and your RB being able to run all over our defense.

You just better hope your defense isn't reading Jackson's press clippings, because we're going to give you a LOT more than you've seen so far.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2016, 5:02 PM [ in reply to people forget our RB has been solid, too... ]

Well heck, Clemson shouldn't even field a team next Saturday then.

No one is scared of Louisville. Will it be a tight game? Yes. Will Clemson win? Yes.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We suck. We're afraid of you.

Louisville is the class of the ACC. We have no chance. We hope only to keep it respectable by scoring late on your third team.

Woe is us, woe is us, woe is us. We suck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

our 18 game home win streak is toast 21-1 over the last

Sep 23, 2016, 2:11 PM

22 games 27-2 over the last 29 games...

it's over, I see the light

Admission of the truth has put

Sep 23, 2016, 2:18 PM

you well on the way to recovery.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some dumb chit TDed my sarcasm?

Sep 23, 2016, 7:39 PM [ in reply to We suck. We're afraid of you. ]

LOL

There is not film on about half our offense this year.....

Why would we blow out teams that we already won the game against. Y'all can have fun with that.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

You got this in the bag. Don't even practice next week.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Oh great! Now ticket

Sep 23, 2016, 5:33 PM

Prices have dropped $150 since this thread started! Thanks a lot relative peace card fan! You cost me hundreds!!

Sep 23, 2016, 2:07 PM

Lamar won't be so fast after getting hit by our DL a few times.

We've just been exposed for who we are unfortunately

Sep 23, 2016, 2:08 PM

and we'll probably finish the season 6-5.

You should be really confident going into this game...notice how bad we've struggled at home. The night games really evaporate the energy at Death Valley and there will be tons of inexpensive tickets available right before the game.

I mean, if we played this game at noon we'd be better off but oh well TV is screwing us again.

Talent is the main problem we're having. Well, that plus desire plus coaching. And our qb is real cocky and it's all getting to his head.

I wish we didn't even have to play this game since Louisville has pretty much already won it.

Sep 23, 2016, 2:14 PM

Except for our frontline guys, if you look at Clemson's depth chart, you will see it is loaded with sophomores and freshmen, even true freshmen. We've had HEAVY attrition to the NFL lately and even our leaders, guys like Deshaun Watson, Artavis Scott, and Wayne Gallman, are all juniors. Even WR Mike Williams - listed as a senior - missed his entire junior year so he's only played 2 seasons.

Which means on offense, we have just 3 seniors - C Jay Guillermo, TE Jordan Leggett - on the depth chart. That's 3 of 22.

On defense we have 4 seniors on the 2-deep: DT Carlos Watkins, LB Ben Boulware, S Jadar Johnson, CB Cordrea Tankersley. That's it. That's all.

Clemson is talented...but I think people did not realize how young this team was coming into the season. A huge part of that has been early entry into the NFL; we lost yet another 8 guys to the NFL draft last season, most of them underclassmen.

You want the reason for Clemson's "struggles"? Youth, by a mile, is the #1 reason. Clemson is extremely talented; Clemson is also very, very young at a lot of spots, and Dabo is playing those guys. At one point in the third quarter last night against GT, I looked up and our entire 2nd-team OL was in the game, two true freshmen WR's (Overton and Powell), were in the game, and our sophomore TE, Milan Richard, was in the game for senior TE Jordan Leggett for good measure.

Yeah, Clemson could have put the corkscrew to GT, played its 1's the entire game, blew them out of the building by 40. It was certainly going that way. Instead Dabo played the young guys...and the reason, I suspect, was pretty simple. Clemson faded down the stretch some last year, and we had a lot of guys playing with 1 good leg or 1 arm for what ended up being a 15-game season; I don't think he intends to get caught short this year.

I don't consider the Tech game "within reach" but Clemson

Sep 23, 2016, 2:16 PM

Loves to do this especially early in the season. If we get a big lead we get conservative and slow everything down. We did it against Notre Dame last year and almost pi$$ed away a win but a lot was blamed on the rain. Georgia tech is not a team that's going to come back and score 3-4 touchdowns in one quarter and they were certainly not going to do it against our defense. Auburn we looked a little rusty and the play calling was way too conservative. Troy was a bad game for everyone.

Louisville will get Clemsons offense at full blast and rightfully so seeing as Louisville is by far the best team we will face in the regular season, possibly even all year. I don't expect a 60 point shootout but a 30-40 point game would not surprise me even though I think we're capable of keeping it lower if our offense can sustain drives and keep the defense off the field. Regardless it should be a great game Saturday.

relative peace?

Sep 23, 2016, 2:17 PM

Is that a Kentucky thing? Are we related? Daddy!!!!! Why did you leave us?? Momma ain't happy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: relative peace?

Sep 23, 2016, 2:41 PM

Way to keep it in the family... ROFLMAO

Sep 23, 2016, 2:18 PM

Welcome!

This Tiger is very glad to see the Cards in the ACC. UL is a huge upgrade from Maryland on our schedule.

I think some of our struggles are due to our overall youth. Some of our guys maybe felt the offseason love and need to tune out the noise.

Watson is just a little off on some passes (missed a TD last night on a 4th-quarter ball that needed some air under it), and several receivers are fighting through some drops.

Our defense is very good and improving each week. I'm sure coach Venables will be preaching Gap Integrity all this week, as we'll need it against the Cards.

Looking forward to a great game next week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lack of push at los and drops. We better not pull that crap

Sep 23, 2016, 2:19 PM

with you guys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

lets just hope

Sep 23, 2016, 2:20 PM

you guys beat marshall - btw, gt does nothing but run the ball. we see how that worked out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Hope you make down the Death Valley soon

Sep 23, 2016, 2:20 PM

First of all, Clemson fans welcome all guests for our home games. While in Clemson and at our stadium, you are our guests and will be treated as though in our home.

As for the issues our football team has endured, it all starts with the O-Line. We are still developing the chemistry that occurs when a new season starts with different players. As you noted the talent is there and each week they are improving. Eight dropped passes and a big mistake going into the end zone kept Troy close. I will say Troy came to play and hit hard and often. They were also coming off a 700+ offensive game and were confident. The Tigers had just played a hard fought game with Auburn. Mentally not easy to get up for Troy. All went quite well against SC State and now GA. Tech. Obvious objective is to win and that is just what Clemson has done. Defense can be very good with a combination of power, speed and excellent coaching.

The past two years against Louisville has been very close. Watching the first few games, I would say the Cardinals have a complete team this year. Clemson will have to be very sharp on offense and on defense they will need to be quick to limit Lamar Jackson to chunk plays. Turnovers may be the key.

My heart says the Tigers will find a way to win at home but my brain says Louisville is due to take home a win. No matter what the outcome, it should be an exiting game to watch with all that talent on the field. Enjoy the game and come on down in a couple years to take in Death Valley and be our guest.

Sep 23, 2016, 2:23 PM

All you need to know is we have the best DC in the land with the best D in the land.
He has 11 days and a bunch of film that will be used to stop Louisville.
Lamar has never seen what's going to be coming for him while 84k fans rock DV every second he is on the field.
I like our chances

Re: Why did Louisville have so much trouble with Syracuse?

Sep 23, 2016, 2:24 PM

Do you have trouble playing on the road? You had to play Lamar Jackson until deep into the 4th quarter so that your two TD win looked like a blowout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Lamar is only a sophomore....

Sep 23, 2016, 2:31 PM

Lamar's las offensive play against Syracuse was a completed pass to set up a FG with over 10 minutes left. He hardly played "deep into the 4th quarter"

Re: Lamar is only a sophomore....

Sep 23, 2016, 2:38 PM

So do you think he will pass for 300 and run for 100 against our D?

How do you suggest we stop Lamar?***

Sep 23, 2016, 2:31 PM

Make him a hurting buckaroo***

Sep 23, 2016, 2:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Welcome and enjoy the game next week...

Sep 23, 2016, 2:39 PM

...even from Pennsylvania.

Glad to see the Cards back to full strength. The ACC Atlantic is tough for sure now.

It's been discussed, but on a superficial level, our OLine play hasn't been quite what we expected yet. Watson was probably putting too much pressure on himself and amazingly our receivers were dropping passes.

The first half of GT was as clean as we've looked so I'm more optimistic now.

Our defense has been rock solid except in prevent.

Next Saturday should be electric and I think your Cards will get all you can handle. We should be healthy and have a long week to prepare. I expect Death Valley to be ear-bleeding loud. I didn't expect a marque@ matchup in Death Valley this year so Louisville's rise was a pleasant surprise. Pitt might be ranked by the time they come to Death Valley too.

null

all you need to know is your team will lose Saturday 10-1-16***

Sep 23, 2016, 2:41 PM

Your guys will cakewalk though our pitiful defense.

Sep 23, 2016, 2:52 PM

Our O-line can't block a phone number, our WRs play with their hands are dipped in axle grease and our RBs run like a fat girl trying to get away from a steak dinner. I probably won't even watch the slaughter, maybe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are friggin quick learners- your Gameday game

Sep 23, 2016, 2:56 PM

was STRONG. Us Clemson folks need to bring our A game for Gameday prowess and of course for the showdown Sat. I knew you guys would be an epic addition to the ACC. FWIW, you might think that our D is a group of sociopaths. They are- sociopaths with class.

Your coach is pure gold for Gameday signage so just tell him we wouldn't be so evil if we didn't like him =)

wut? we abused 'em like a blonde intern with asphalt rash!***

Sep 23, 2016, 3:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Sep 23, 2016, 3:33 PM

Leave... in relative peace.

Get lost, we don't need your kind around here!***

Sep 23, 2016, 4:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well, THAT sure wasn't nice

Sep 23, 2016, 4:19 PM

You mean.

We've been saving quite a bit just for you***

Sep 23, 2016, 4:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Here's everything you, Bobby, and Lamar need to know...

Sep 23, 2016, 4:30 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlfjhEBAWQ

Sincerely,

Brian Kelly

Misspelled "TIAIA"

Sep 23, 2016, 5:13 PM

HTH

Sep 23, 2016, 7:45 PM

Tell Lamar Jackson its nut cutting time.

Shame you won't be able to come see a real stadium

Sep 24, 2016, 12:25 AM

this weekend. We're larger, louder, and scarier. And we don't even need a sponsor!

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic