Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Loss To BC Drops Tigers In Polls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 657

Nov 19, 2007, 11:00 AM

Clemson No. 21 in AP, No. 22 in Coaches Poll. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its just time for a change.............

Nov 19, 2007, 3:21 PM

Everybody that stands by this team and believes in this team year after year always gets there feelings hurt after they spend tons of money on either going to games,mechandise etc etc etc ... anything tailgating.... you all know what i mean and get absolutely nothing in return. I respect Tommy Bowden as a person and i know he has tried everything he knows to make Clemson a division champion again but after 9 years im sorry ... HE CANT FINISH THE JOB!!!!!!

Just one of many Tiger fans that is absolutely heartbroken and like everybody im just fkn tired of it!!

:(

Just a thought

Nov 19, 2007, 3:52 PM

if we win that game...what's your stance on Bowden?

I am well aware that is quite a large IF, but I still pose the question.

Keep TB 1 yr IF he wins out & fires Spence. No extension yet

Nov 19, 2007, 4:37 PM

I've been negative on Bowden for the last few years, and I don't think he's a great coach. But if he wins out, I might give him one more year to win the ACC, IF he fires Spence. I think that the defense has played well enough to win the ACC for the last two years, but Spence's poor play calling cost Clemson the ACC title both years.

If we still had Rich Rodriguez as our OC, Clemson would have won at least two ACC titles under Bowden.

Bowden needs to fire Spence or be fired hiself. Bowden's downfall is his loyalty. He was too loyal to Proctor. He's too loyal to his buddy Spence. TDP needs to force Bowden to fire Spence or else fire Bowden.

I would not give Bowden any kind of meaningful extension this year under any circumstance. If Bowden needs an extension to tell recruits and his staff that he's got a 5-year contract, then Clemson should feel free to give him an extension with a gaping loophole giving the university the option to terminate if he doesn't win the ACC.

If Bowden doesn't beat SoCar, then what are we looking at? An 8-4 regular-season record that includes beating 4 cupcakes (LaMon, Furman, C-Mich, & Duke), and losing to 4-out-of-5 of the good teams that we play (FSU, GT, VT, BC, & SoCar). Even if he beats SoCar we're looking at 9-3, but losing to 3-out-of-5 of the good teams. That's the best he can do after NINE years?

I don't think Koenning would have any trouble finding a new DC position at a top tier school. I doubt that any top tier BCS school would hire TB-- though maybe some lame program like Iowa State would. I don't think that Spence could land a job at any BCS school.

If he woulda won that game then lost the ACCCG id still.....

Nov 19, 2007, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Just a thought ]

Want him to be here.... just a chance is really all u can ask for from a guy who has never given you that.

Re: Its just time for a change.............

Nov 19, 2007, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Its just time for a change............. ]

I too grow weary of being let down in some way or another year after year. The jury is still out for me on Tommy, but I don't think it's time to make a change just yet. Saturday was not about coaching. It was about good players, not making plays at crucial times. Plays they would normally make, but simply didn't Sat night. This year has been a good year for Clemson football. With the exception of two games (VA tech and GA tech), this team has played extremely well all year and most of the key players are returning. I would rather give Tommy another year, than have to start the whole process over again with a coaching change!

A change.. lmfao just like I said today on WCCP

Nov 19, 2007, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Its just time for a change............. ]

You people are ridiculous we have a chance to win ten games and you people think the season is over because we are not goin to ACCCG, it sucks yes but we beat USC and win our bowl game thats probably gonna be the Gator Bowl. We havent done that since early early 90s Tommy didnt lose that game Sat night it was 2 great football teams that was battling it out and we came up short I am extremly proud of my Tigers... Lets ask this question where were you when we won 4 straight I guess you were still calling for Bowdens head, gimme a break.. In the future have atleast 25 posts before you bash our coach!!!!! LMFAO

MAYBE they get 10 wins including 4 cupcakes. Big deal.

Nov 19, 2007, 5:01 PM

Bowden got 4 wins before the season started (LaMon, Furman, C-Michigan, and Duke). So outside of the cupcakes, how has he done? He's 4-3 against decent teams. And 1-3 against good teams (FSU, GT, VT, & BC). That's very typical of his NINE YEARS at Clemson.

Clemson could go 10-3 or they could lose to SoCar and in their bowl game like last year and go 8-5. I'll cheer the team either way. But I'll continue to call for Rob Spence to be fired.

LMFAO at you sir..........

Nov 19, 2007, 6:59 PM [ in reply to A change.. lmfao just like I said today on WCCP ]

What does having 25 post on here have to do with being a Tiger fan for 26 years of my life????? I was born december 2nd 1981 and my dad graduated that same year. I wasnt bashing Tommy if you read i said i respect him!!! But i guess you didnt make it that far to see for yourself..... geez

Fire Spence. It's time for the AD to finish the job.

Nov 19, 2007, 4:07 PM

Clemson's offensive coordinator, Rob Spence, lost that game. BC had the #2 ranked rush defense and the #110 ranked pass defense. Clemson's QB had the highest pass efficiency rating in the league, and one of the highest in the country. So you would expect Clemson to pass early and often, using the pass to set up the run... unless Rob Spence is your OC.

Prior to Clemson's last desperation drive of 10 straight passes, Spence called 51% running plays, including 61% runs on 1st down-- even though Clemson averaged just 1.5 yards per carry, and 5.65 yards per pass attempt (6.7 yards per catch) with 67% completion ratio.

Even on that last desperation drive when BC knew for certain that Clemson would pass every down, Clemson was still able to move the ball down the field, exactly as you might expect when you pit the most efficient QB in the ACC against the 110th ranked pass defense in the nation. So why didn't Spence rely on the pass more earlier when BC would have had to have respected the run?

And why didn't Spence call one of his two time-outs before the second-last play and remind his QB not to take a sack, or rethink calling a short-drop pass? Was he saving a time-out for the post-game party?

It's been apparent since at least last season that Clemson's defense is playing well enough to win the ACC, but that Spence is incompetent and needs to be fired. However, apparently Spence is best buddies with Bowden, and Bowden has more loyalty to Spence than Bowden has to the team, the university, and the fans. If Bowden won't fire Spence, then Bowden should be fired.

Now it's time for Clemson's athletic director to finish the job!

Re: Fire Spence. It's time for the AD to finish the job.

Nov 19, 2007, 5:24 PM

Agree 100%.

Fire Spence. Let him have fun running his questionable offensive schemes at an I-AA... I mean FCS school.

Bowden has done a very good job with recruiting and I worry that we will lose 2008 commits (DaQuan Bowers, in particular) if he were fired.

Vic Koenning has done a tremendous job as DC and I would hate to see him leave the Tigers. Would firing Rob Spence have any impact on Vic's position?

Fire Spence.

Replies: 10
| visibility 657
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic