Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing a coach.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,979

Losing a coach.

May 31, 2015, 8:48 AM

We may lose Jack Leggett in the next few days. It will be tough on him and the school if he is asked to step aside. This man has given us a lot of really good memories and some that are frustrating. I appreciate Jack's efforts and I feel that he did give us 110 % to the best of his abilities. Whatever happens, I wish Jack the very best, whether it's here at Clemson next season or at another school.
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. I'll be pulling for you Jack !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Losing a coach.

May 31, 2015, 8:51 AM

Do you know something most of us don't know ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Just trying to add some civility to this situation.***

May 31, 2015, 8:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. Just trying to add some civility to this situation.

May 31, 2015, 9:27 AM

Now what fun would that be? :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - Jack has been great for Clemson. No reason to

May 31, 2015, 9:04 AM

come on here and bash him relentlessly. I wish him well too, and for everyone's sake, would prefer to see him go out with dignity and class, on somewhat of a high note. I can't help but feel that the longer he hangs around at this point, the less likely it becomes that he can do that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Losing a coach.

May 31, 2015, 9:11 AM

Good post. I feel the exact same way and I am sure that a lot of others who don't post a lot do too.

If he does ride off into the sunset, we should remember the positives about the man and remember that he gave his life, blood, sweat, and tears to this program for better or worse.

Bashing a fellow Tiger like that is not how we treat family. Remember, Clemson is special for a reason. Let's stay classy tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree..Jack is class, won a ton for Clemson but time to step down with class too.

May 31, 2015, 9:25 AM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whiners gonna whine and dumpers gonna dump...

May 31, 2015, 8:59 PM

but Clemson will not treat a member of our family with that much disrespect and lack of allegiance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of us older Tigers have seen many coaches come

Jun 1, 2015, 6:51 AM

and go over the years, some quickly, some after long tenures.

I know not what the future holds for Coach Leggett, but I would be among the first in line to thank him for his service and acknowledge his success...which is what I would expect any honorable, loyal Tiger alumnus or fan to exhibit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Never ceases to impress.***

Jun 1, 2015, 6:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Most of us older Tigers have seen many coaches come

Jun 1, 2015, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Most of us older Tigers have seen many coaches come ]

I also have seen this and change happens. I have been a Tiger fan since 1949 so I have some past in watching this process. I can not remember one time when a coach was removed by the athletic dept when it was not past time for him to go!!!!!!!!

I also thank Jack for what he has done and respect him for the kind of players he seems to recruit. HOWEVER, the steady decline in every aspect of our program (pitching, hitting, baserunning,fielding, throwing, covering the proper base,failure to advance baserunners,failure to get baserunners home for 3rd with NO OUTS) simply can not be ignored!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW..I'm impressed "Litefoot", a Tiger fan since 1949!

Jun 1, 2015, 8:45 AM

KUDOS Sir! GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of us older Tigers have seen many coaches come

Jun 1, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Most of us older Tigers have seen many coaches come ]

Jim Davis says HELLO and look at that program now!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,979
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic