Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lose/Lose situation for Clemson IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Lose/Lose situation for Clemson IMO

Sep 17, 2014, 12:46 PM

1. We now have to gameplan for 2 QBs
2. The stadium and players will be fired up for second half (maybe we should defer if we win the toss)
3. If we win, it's discounted
4. If we lose, we suck because we couldn't beat one half of Winston.

We'd be better off if he were playing the entire game or none at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lose/Lose situation for Clemson IMO

Sep 17, 2014, 12:47 PM

I hope we kick instead. I want to play defense first.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever had a positive thought in your life?***

Sep 17, 2014, 12:47 PM

Hey, that wasn't derob posting.***

Sep 17, 2014, 12:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Have you ever had a positive thought in your life?***

Sep 17, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Have you ever had a positive thought in your life?*** ]

Yes, I've thought we'd win this game all week. Been saying it all week. Had a hunch.

Now it's tainted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, how about we just win first?

Sep 17, 2014, 12:49 PM

I'm happy to deal with all the "discounting" after that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Well, how about we just win first?

Sep 17, 2014, 1:04 PM

Spiller: I agree with you but I do believe it will taint the season for us should we say run the table!

Nope.. Disagree

Sep 17, 2014, 12:50 PM

It gives Clemson an extra advantage. I don't think the teams were that far apart anyway.

It's a road win over the number 1 team in the country.

Most importantly, it's a win over FSU which will more than likely get Clemson to the ACC Championship game and opens up lots of other options.

Talking heads will have things to say about it... Chickens will crow about it, but in the end, it benefits the season, the Tigers, and all that goes along with it.

Just win. Period...

GO TIGERS!!

WGAF

just win.

LOL! I think it is fan frickin tastic!

That's is quite a novel you wrote there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you win, you're going to the ACCCG

Sep 17, 2014, 12:51 PM

I don't see the problem with this scenario. Who cares if it is "discounted"?

exactly***

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

^^^this^^^

Sep 17, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to If you win, you're going to the ACCCG ]

Assuming we win out and win the ACCCG, that's got to be a ticket to the playoffs in my opinion.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: If you win, you're going to the ACCCG

Sep 17, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to If you win, you're going to the ACCCG ]

We win, we move up to #20 and FSU drops to #5

We lose, we drop out of the top 25 and FSU is great. Our chances of making it into the top 4 just got tougher. That's my point.

We need a win over FSU to vault us into the top 15. I don't think beating them without winston playing for a half will do that now.

lol, FSU drops past 5 and we are mid teens at least***

Sep 17, 2014, 12:57 PM

Re: lol, FSU drops past 5 and we are mid teens at least***

Sep 17, 2014, 12:59 PM

If the media are of the opinion that FSU wins with Winston playing the entire game then I strongly disagree with you.

Unless the backup comes in and throws up all over himself...

Sep 17, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: If you win, you're going to the ACCCG ]

... and handing us 20+ points, with a win we move up to 11-14 with a win, FSU falls to about the same.

If we win out, we're in the Final 4 regardless of the Jameis situation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: If you win, you're going to the ACCCG

Sep 17, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: If you win, you're going to the ACCCG ]

CUA: I agree but then we've got the Tarholes followed by the Birds 2 weeks later. We really need to run up the score in every game without any exception.

and the birds that beat the real USC the next***

Sep 17, 2014, 1:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

I doubt gp changes much for backup qb. unless he's a

triple option, their offensive gp will be similar. I would expect them to run the football more, but that's not hard to adjust to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt gp changes much for backup qb. unless he's a

Sep 17, 2014, 12:55 PM

It's not? I hope they didn't watch 2nd half of the Jawja gane.

Sep 17, 2014, 12:52 PM

Yolks, this isn't about. Clemson we have no say in this...if we win we get a W no matter who plays for FSU. Screw what anyone else says, we won.

If we win

Sep 17, 2014, 12:55 PM

we could actually win the ACC and go 11-1 in the regular season. Maybe that means we would make the playoffs, maybe not.

Re: If we win

Sep 17, 2014, 12:58 PM

A 1 loss ACC team has to have a signature win to make it in.

The question is will the committee view this game as a signature enough of a win with Winston out for a half. Maybe, maybe not. It just makes it tougher.

Re: If we win

Sep 17, 2014, 1:02 PM

This is when you hope you can end the streak and beat the brakes off of a potentially top 10 Coots team (honestly don't know much about their schedule and couldn't care less --- but that would have to suffice as the signature win otherwise.

I dont see them ranked by then, Mizzou, Auburn and either FL

Sep 17, 2014, 1:04 PM

or UK should beat them

Re: I dont see them ranked by then, Mizzou, Auburn and either FL

Sep 17, 2014, 1:11 PM

I've read this talk for the last 3-4 years. Coots will destroy UF, KY and Mizzou. May lose to AU.

Mizzou toss up***

Sep 17, 2014, 1:24 PM

All we can do is win the rest of the games...

Sep 17, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win ]

Then wait for the vote.

With or without their QB playing

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Committee will be under pressure to have 4 conferences

Sep 17, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win ]

represented, IMO. I think B1G gets left out. ACC champ is in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we win - we ####### win

Sep 17, 2014, 12:57 PM

End of GD story.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2014, 1:01 PM

Agree on all points 100%. If Bimbo had any class at all, he should have already handled Mr Crabs in the first 1 or 2 games. No win situation indeed! Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WE SHOULDN'T EVEN TRAVEL TO FLORIDAS TATE FOR THIS GAME I

Sep 17, 2014, 1:05 PM

MEAN THIS ISN'T EVEN A REEL GAME WITHOUT JAMEOUS WINSTON IN THERE FOR THE FISRT HALF WE SHOULD JUST RESCHEDULE THE GAME FOR THE ACC CHAMPYIONSHIP SITE AND PLAY IT THERE CAUSE YOU KNOW THE WINNER OF THIS GAME IS GOING TO A BCS GAME AND WE WANT TO PLAY THEM FULL STRENGTH AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU PLAY IN THE ACC AND NOT THE SEC IN THE SEC HE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN SUSPENED BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE MORRALS AND THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT WINNING GAMES AND NOT RAISING MEN LIKE DABO IS DOING HERE WHERE THE BLUE RIDGE YAWNS ITS GREATNESS I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE HATERS HATING ON FLORIDAS TATE JUST LINE UP AND BEAT THERE BEST 11.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw: Just win and let the haters hate...***

Sep 17, 2014, 1:07 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2014, 1:08 PM

People will be talking way more about how he hurt his team because of his continuing selfishness and lack of knowledge of proper social norms. A win is a win. He will still have played.

COMPLETELY disagree.....

Sep 17, 2014, 1:14 PM

1. their backup to my knowledge is of the same "skillset" as jameis.....only not as good of a runner, but either way BOTH are throw first QBs..............rather face the backup than winston, bottomline

2. stadium will be fired up regardless, however yes we should defer

3. SO WHAT....it's a WIN......i'll fully admit we won b/c jameis didn't play b/c guess what?......it doesn't matter WE WON.

4. may be right here......if we lose to a backup QB we deserve criticism.........especially if he puts up points on our "highly touted" defense

If we win it counts the only place that matters. Screw

Sep 17, 2014, 1:22 PM

everyone else.

Sep 17, 2014, 1:25 PM

I agree with the OP - this win will be tainted - and a loss will be ridiculed until the ends of the earth. They will bring back the phrase "Pulling a CLEMSON" on this one. We had BETTER win it now. We have no choice. And dang - let's hope the coaches are smart enough to be on D to start the game.

Either the scoreboard matters or it doesn't

Sep 17, 2014, 1:29 PM

FSU is much more than Winston. To pretend that him sitting a half somehow destroys any credibility in beating them at their place to end their 17 game winning streak is assinine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look we can't have it both ways

Sep 17, 2014, 1:27 PM

If there's no such thing as a moral victory in loss then there is no such as a win being a loss.

Who cares how anyone spins it.

Dude has issues. THOSE issues have led to him not being on the field. That is a direct cause and effect.

This isn't a "Oh, their best player was injured in a freak accident" scenario. This is "Oh, their star QB is a criminal and a headcase" scenario

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2014, 1:30 PM

I agree

Point Infinity

Sep 17, 2014, 1:53 PM

I'd rather FSU play him the whole game and we play against their best, regardless of outcome.

Plus, they can deal with the media minutia that follows.

Regardless, Chicken Lips, manufacture excuse juice. You are gonna have alot to spill!!!

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Agree 100%.***

Sep 17, 2014, 1:54 PM

Re: Agree 100%.***

Sep 17, 2014, 2:09 PM

Yes, I'm optimistic about winning this game and have been all week.

Lol wut? You ever optimistic about anything?***

Sep 17, 2014, 1:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No One Should Care

Sep 17, 2014, 2:05 PM

if we win out, so what. Sammy has been suspended before. many others as well. who gives a rats ###? it's a big game and good teams, and I said good teams, prep for everything. fsu is now prepping to manage a first half and hope winston performs well in 2nd half. they have an abundance of talent, but so do we. their backup may be just fine. or, our d could demolish him and winston. now we have to prepare for a backup in first half. it evens out. if we win, I'm not going to be uptight over who did or did not play. that's absurd. I will be slamming back a few and ready for next game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Why plan for 2 QBs when the one suspended is leagues ahead

Sep 17, 2014, 2:07 PM

ahead of the backup talent-wise? I'd start the game defensively as if we were still facing Winston.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic