Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looming QB situation is good for us....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,045

Looming QB situation is good for us....

Nov 19, 2017, 1:47 PM

We have at least 3 good QB's in house right now and with TL, a truly great QB coming in. So what can happen? Who knows, but ain't it great to have these quality players on our team? I hope we can keep them all. Freshman, Soph, or Jr, we can only hope the QB that "gives us the best chance to win" is in there in game 1 of 2018. And this should go double for any other position as well. As Dabo has often said , "these are the very best of times for Clemson, so you better enjoy the ride".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looming QB situation is good for us....

Nov 19, 2017, 2:00 PM

I am not sure if you are including Chase Brice in that group if not you better
add Chase he is a winner period. If he came in in January he may have had a shot
at playing time this year also. We will be deep at a position that we have not
been typically deep in the past. I think Brandon Streeter should get all of the
credit for our current position at QB. I hope we can hang on another year or 2
to coach Streeter because he has been a god send to the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looming QB situation is good for us....

Nov 19, 2017, 3:13 PM

All of these QB's are not going to stay at Clemson and ride the pine. Some could be starters at other major programs. So, those will transfer if they have that desire to compete. I know I would.

Because of this, CU may see a drought in getting top rated QB's until our supply is depleted. If you are competition recruiting a top QB prospect, you sell him on fact CU has too many QB's and there is no way he will ever play at CU or if he does, it will be for only one yr. at most.

Hunter Johnson should have been red shirted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only QB situation will be deciding the pecking order of backups.

Nov 19, 2017, 3:34 PM

Kelly Bryant will be the starter all spring and summer, and be the starter going into next fall. Unless he completely stinks it up, which he won’t, he will be the starter all of 2018.

I am as excited as you are about our super talented young QBs, but I have zero confidence that Dabo, Scott, Elliottt, and Morris will elect to open up the QB competition next year - regardless of how good Johnson, Lawrence, etc are. Dabo has proven time and time again that QB jobs aren’t evaluated the same way as other positions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Streeter, not Morris.***

Nov 19, 2017, 3:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,045
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic