Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like you guys don't have to worry about Jerod Evans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Looks like you guys don't have to worry about Jerod Evans

Jan 2, 2017, 9:55 PM

again next year. I know you're more worried about bigger fish to fry right now, but Evans is going pro (as are Bucky Hodges, Isaiah Ford, and CB Brandon Facyson). I think Evans is making a mistake but apparently his family needs money now. Hope it works out for him.

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Blacksburg next season...... and whooping Bama's tail on Monday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You gotta tell me.......

Jan 2, 2017, 9:57 PM

What is the story behind Jerod Evans going pro?.....

Money problems?, Baby mama drama?.......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be frank, I'm not sure

Jan 2, 2017, 10:01 PM

One thing I've heard is that he has a lot of brothers and sisters, including one with special needs and the family could use the money. Another possibility is always grades (I hope it's not grades... but that is always a possibility in college football... especially when the guy is in his first year in the program from JUCO, but I would doubt that from a kid that got into Air Force).

But if it's the family thing, maybe he decided he'd rather take the sure thing now rather than taking a chance on getting hurt next year. He has already torn an ACL before. But the thing is that I'm not sure he'll get drafted at all. Sure, he'll pick up somewhere and even being on the practice squad he'll make more money than he has probably ever been around. But I think with another year of seasoning, he has a chance to be a round 2 or 3 pick... if not better.

Thank you for answering!!!!!***

Jan 2, 2017, 10:02 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be frank, I'm not sure

Jan 3, 2017, 6:51 AM [ in reply to To be frank, I'm not sure ]

Is it a sure thing that he would get drafted? Has he gotten a draft grade from the NFL? I mean, one year at VT is not going to make him a first rounder or even second rounder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like you guys don't have to worry about Jerod Evans

Jan 2, 2017, 9:57 PM

Huge bullet dodged for us. Blacksburg will still be a challenge for us next year.

Remember the name Josh Jackson

Jan 2, 2017, 10:03 PM

Word is that Jackson darn near beat Evans out for the starting nod this year (no idea how close it actually was). There have also been some rumblings about VT being the destination for Malik Zaire from Notre Dame. Zaire is a downgrade from Evans, but is a decent insurance policy if Jackson ends up being not quite ready.

Jan 2, 2017, 10:04 PM

VTs not going to be flash in the frying pan. Fuente will make that program a challenge year in year out.

Jan 2, 2017, 10:05 PM

Who?

Re: Jerod Evans et. al.

Jan 2, 2017, 10:05 PM

That's a significant hit for you and has to be disappointing. I won't lie, I thought it was going to be really tough taking you on in Blacksburg. 'On paper', the loss of those guys change a lot of things, though, eh? Good luck with the next men up!

Thanks for the support and vote of confidence in the Championship game next week. I think our Tigers can get the job done this year - but it is Bama!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I agree. I expected Ford and Hodges to leave

Jan 2, 2017, 10:10 PM

But not Evans or CB Brandon Facyson (Facyson has a good fallback though.... medical school).

Without Ford/Hodges, I was expecting a 7-5 type season next year. Without Evans (and Facyson), I think we could be hurting bad next year.

Good luck against Bama. I have a feeling yall knock them off this time. Then again, I doubt you guys against OSU and I chose poorly. Hopefully I'm choosing better this time.

Jan 2, 2017, 10:14 PM

VT has a really great coach IMO, so VT is always going to be tough.

Anyway, I wish Evans the best. He is a tough competitor.

Jan 3, 2017, 2:27 AM

Hopefully he reconsiders, As good as he was this year at VT I don't see him getting drafted as a QB yet. Definitely needs another year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're on Clemson's website.

Jan 3, 2017, 6:56 AM

We haven't worried about VT since we beat you twice in the same season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic