Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking at the prop for changes/enhancements to the stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Looking at the prop for changes/enhancements to the stadium

Oct 16, 2019, 3:05 PM

I love everything however I was just wondering about the field level seats. What is the draw for these seats? I sat in the west zone prior to the upgrades. The view from those seats was marginal at best. Now, to be on the field level, in premium seating it would seem you can’t see much of them action unless it’s right in front of you. Tell me if anyone agrees.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at the prop for changes/enhancements to the stadium

Oct 16, 2019, 3:21 PM

I understood that the premium seats would be in the refurbished WEZ.
The field level certainly aren’t premium. I’m anxious to see these plans when they are finalized.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:34 PM

Im sure it read somwwhere there will be a field level club for those seats. Looks like there is a glass section behind them in the middle. I thought that might be a new entrance to the locker room but who knows.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:35 PM

Im sure it read somewhere there will be a field level club for those seats. Looks like there is a glass section behind them in the middle. I thought that might be a new entrance to the locker room but who knows.

Oct 16, 2019, 5:13 PM

I am wondering if they will relocate the band for the visiting team. There is no way I would pay a premium for those seats and have the visiting band playing in my ear.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That nice new Massive video screen...

Oct 16, 2019, 9:28 PM

...will make those field level seats in the West End Zone work just fine!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That nice new Massive video screen...

Oct 16, 2019, 10:50 PM

Exactly... as a student I used to sit around the 40 yard line, about 10-12 rows up, before the upper decks were ever built, and I thought, "wow, this is great!" Memorial Stadium would continue to fill as the Tiger Band would enter through the south gate right below Cemetery Hill, and the drums would echo and reverberate throughout the stands and your blood would just turn orange!

While I enjoy these memories, at the same time I regret the WEZ today blocking the view of Lake Hartwell in the late afternoon as the sun was setting... I was away from SC for many years and continue to miss games, but my last attendance in Death Valley was the Florida State game in 2015 when I sat in the WEZ and saw Deon Cain catch a TD pass and run it into the end zone and point his finger directly at me as he scored (at least I believe so...!)

But... virtually any seat in the West End Zone is essentially worthless if you actually want to watch the game. Maybe jmo, but eat, drink and be happy while you watch the action on the new screen and say you were there.

Go Tigers!!!

Oct 16, 2019, 10:29 PM

I dont who went to Chapel Hill this year, but if you did and seen what they have kind of done in their endzone with a sort of field level party deck, I think that's what we're getting. Most folks that use those could care less about the game, so the view isnt important.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic