Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lone Survivor-Who's seen it?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,298

Lone Survivor-Who's seen it?

Jan 13, 2014, 11:06 AM

Great movie and great tribute to the sacrifice our soldiers are making to take the fight to terrorists. Also shined a light on the powerful brotherhood and bond we forge as soldiers. I have to admit I teared up several times.

To all my brothers who once served and those who are in harm's way now, God Bless!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read the book but didn't see the movie.

Jan 13, 2014, 11:11 AM

The book really has a focus on the relationship between himself and the Afghan villagers that protected him. Some likely ended up being executed for their concealment of an American.

From what I have read, that aspect of his survival is glossed over in the movie, making it seem Jingoistic.

I'll probably wait for the release on DVD.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I Don't pay to see marky mark act.***

Jan 13, 2014, 11:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I Don't pay to see marky mark act.***

Jan 13, 2014, 11:46 AM

Dude, get past the 90's. He's a good actor and can play a wide range of roles. He's a good dude, as well.

When I grow up can I be as cool as you? =

Jan 13, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to I Don't pay to see marky mark act.*** ]

Get over it dude! It is a very good movie. I guess you have never seen Band of Brothers either since Donnie is in it? Most realistic gun fight scenes I have ever seen in a movie. When bullets are flying around, you are going to get hit....good guy or bad guy.

Lone Survivor is really good. My wife loved it as well. There is not a dry eye in the theater and most people are sniffling at the end when they show the pictures.

Re: Lone Survivor-Who's seen it?

Jan 13, 2014, 11:41 AM

Saw it this weekend. Very powerful movie! Also, graphic so may not be for everyone. The ending was very emotional. I have not read the book, but I want to now!

I'm getting the book as well, and I agree about the end.***

Jan 13, 2014, 1:59 PM

Very Intense...

Jan 13, 2014, 11:45 AM

saw it with a guy who loved the book and he seemed satisfied with the movie version.

Really, really, really makes you think about those guys and what they risk everyday.

Saw and read it.

Jan 13, 2014, 11:47 AM

Like everything, the book is better. I did think it was cool how Marcus was in the movie. I thought the movie was good considering what they had to work with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw it the day after Christmas

Jan 13, 2014, 11:54 AM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just came out friday***

Jan 13, 2014, 1:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent movie

Jan 13, 2014, 12:23 PM

Not far off from the book,... probably as good as they could do in the time frame allowed. Awful proud of our armed forces anytime, but after seeing what some have gone through on our behalf, it really humbles you and makes you think twice before complaining that your morning coffee's too hot.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic