Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Little recruiting news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Little recruiting news

Apr 9, 2019, 2:48 PM

5 star Reggie Grimes has said that he chose to make his list last night when he wasn't planning on doing so just yet. The reason being that Clemson coaches have informed him that they have filled up at the positions they are recruiting him for. (DE and LB) But according to our numbers of commits now we have multiple DE openings and 1 LB opening with a possibility of 2 depending on the recruit. Take it for what it's worth but you have to have some pretty solid silent commits in my mind to turn down a 5 star recruit so imagine for yourself who they could be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Little recruiting news

Apr 9, 2019, 2:57 PM

Saw that. Only two things to take away from that. Either the coaches have some silent that they are SURE about or they just don’t want Grimes. I’d have to think it’s the former.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 2:59 PM

Well, Fred Davis II was a silent for 2 days bc he told our coaches his intentions on Saturday, and he is no longer a silent, he is a loud commit!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess that means Burch is #ALLIN

Apr 9, 2019, 3:01 PM

Apr 9, 2019, 3:03 PM
king.JPG(82.4 K)

It's good to be the king.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:09 PM

Looking at the offer board and trying to guess! LOL. So LB= Flowe and/or Sampah, DE= Burch and Evans

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not Evans. We turned down that 5* too.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:13 PM

DE is Burch and Murphy.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Maybe it's

Apr 9, 2019, 3:27 PM

Bresee and Murphy and Sampah

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Maybe it's

Apr 9, 2019, 3:39 PM

Bresee wouldn't be included for Grimes list because he's mainly being recruited as DT for us I believe.

I had heard he was recruited as a DE that would potentially

Apr 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

move to DT once he got here if he continued to grow. Dude is a freak athlete. You should see his basketball clips.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: I had heard he was recruited as a DE that would potentially

Apr 9, 2019, 4:49 PM

He's quick but not XT, KJ quick off the edge he works a lot through power I expect he stays DT that can move DE in certain schemes but finds a home at DT much more.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Little recruiting news ]

Burch and Murphy

Evans isnt a take

Apr 9, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Little recruiting news ]

Murphy, Burch, and many believe Smalls is a guy we are after at WDE

Re: Evans isnt a take

Apr 9, 2019, 3:40 PM

We are recruiting smalls as WDE yes.

Re: Evans isnt a take

Apr 9, 2019, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Evans isnt a take ]

Do even recruit WDEs anymore? It seems like for the past 4 or 5 years we use 2 big DEs and don’t really focus on the tweeners that are labeled at WDE.

Apr 9, 2019, 3:19 PM

Another plus for Dabo. He didn't string Grimes along waiting for other developments. Grimes now has plenty of time to review his other options. If Dabo told him there is no longer room, he must have assurances others higher on the board have made silent commitments. I don't ever recall Clemson having to decline the commitment of a 5***** recruit because there was no room in the inn. That is defined as recruiting at a high level.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 5:42 PM

HONEST recruiting at a high level. Want to make any bets on when Bama or others tell recruits they are full? Right, not at all, leave 'em scrambling, then they are less likely have time to hook up with rivals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that being...

Apr 9, 2019, 6:07 PM

full at a position is the only reason to reject a candidate for that position. Having better prospect doesn't necessarily mean that those prospects are or will add as much talent as the one rejected. It may well mean that one recruit doesn't have enough talent to make it worth dealing with the baggage which accompanies him in life.

I'm not assuming that's a problem either. It's just that rushing to decide one recruiting factor may not always bring one accurate evaluations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson should not assume Burch is theirs

Apr 9, 2019, 6:23 PM

UoSC still has strong ties

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surely we could make space for this skill set

Apr 9, 2019, 6:26 PM

I’m assuming coaches felt it wasn’t worth the effort. Perhaps Grimes is a strong lean elsewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surely we could make space for this skill set

Apr 9, 2019, 7:16 PM

He's a super strong Bama lean. I think his Dad played there. Im pretty sure we offered. So I don't think its a character thing. I think coaches just weren't as high on his evaluation as kevin swint. We have to remember each team has their own board. Being a 247 5 star doesn't mean he's a Clemson 5 star and vice versa. Dabo says he doesn't even keep up with recruit rankings. He likes who he likes.

Silent commits already took the spots?***

Apr 9, 2019, 6:51 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic