Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to ESPN local radio here in South Florida.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,967

Listening to ESPN local radio here in South Florida.

Nov 29, 2017, 10:04 AM

Anyway, they are all of course die hard Hurricanes fans. This is what they were saying.

1) They have the equal talent we do, but they are just younger.
2) Clemson is a better,but we don't always show up.
3) They don't have to be better overall. They just have to be better 1 day and want it more.
4) They know all of those things and they will probably lose a close one, but it will in fact be close. They do think they have a decent chance though.
5) They could catch us looking forward to the playoffs and that to them this game is for everything.
6) They play better when the world doubts them.

Anyway, that's what they are saying down this way. They are dreaming imo about the equal talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than #1 they are pretty reasonable, IMO.***

Nov 29, 2017, 10:10 AM

Pretty fair assessment I think if Im them looking at us...

Nov 29, 2017, 10:14 AM

however, somehow Dabo always has us locked in and ready to roll in big games. One thing I do know is that we will 'want it more' and will not be 'looking ahead'.

Looking ahead to a game that is a month away?***

Nov 29, 2017, 10:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

And a game we (likely) don't get to without winning this 1 ?

Nov 29, 2017, 11:03 AM

That's like saying a team is looking forward to the National Championship game and overlooking the semifinals.

That doesn't happen.

Teams only overlook games against a much weaker opponent that doesn't stop them from getting to the tougher one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And a game we (likely) don't get to without winning this 1 ?

Nov 29, 2017, 12:13 PM

I said it when it was undefeated georgia vs undefeated Alabama in the sec championship a few weeks ago. A team that loses its conference championship does not deserve to be in the playoff. Yes that goes for clemson too. If Miami beats us, I hope we get left out because that’s the way it should be.

Doesnt seem that odd to me at all. *****

Nov 29, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Looking ahead to a game that is a month away?*** ]

Didn't the coots hope we would be looking ahead....***

Nov 29, 2017, 10:22 AM

Re: Didn't the coots hope we would be looking ahead....***

Nov 29, 2017, 10:30 AM

I hate the want it more theory when you get to an ACC Title game, with probably entry to the cfp. Does any person think one team will actually "want it more"?

Nov 29, 2017, 10:41 AM

I rarely buy into that theory either. I only buy into it in situations like we had with Syracuse and Miami had with Pitt. I think on those days you could say Syracuse and Pitt wanted those games more, as we were sort of going through the motions while they were playing with a ton of energy. You're not likely at all to get that sort of effort for a team playing in their conference title game against another top 10 team.

I've also never been a big believer in the whole, playing better when people doubt us thing. I mean, it's a fun thing to say, and I'm sure it's something the coaches love to use to get a highly ranked team focused throughout the season. It's just for instance, does anyone actually believe Miami is going to play better this weekend because people expect Clemson to win, but think Miami would play worse if more people were picking them? How does that work exactly? Do the Miami players watch ESPN and decide to put in more film study when they see everyone pick Clemson? Would they just go see a movie instead if everyone picked them to win the game?

Nov 29, 2017, 10:45 AM

Agree with pretty much everything you said. I think its a nice thing to rally around before, but when the game starts, your playing football.

And yes the pitt cuse examples are true, and although Pitt could have derailed us if we didnt show up (which we didnt) sometimes its harder for young kids.

I think in the pro's none of it applies.

Re: Listening to ESPN local radio here in South Florida.

Nov 29, 2017, 10:42 AM

1) Possibly a true statement. We have more talent on defense
2) They're right. Clemson doesn't always show up. This is an orange pants game, so...
3) Alrighy, whatever they say
4) I think it will be a 10 point game. Clemson pulls away late. So yes, some people call that close
5) This is a playoff game
6) So does pretty much every team ever

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I hope it's 10 or over. I put 500 on 9.5.*****

Nov 29, 2017, 11:21 AM

#5 is kind of silly

Nov 29, 2017, 12:11 PM

If we're looking ahead to a game that is still 30 days in the future, we deserve to lose.

I'm pretty sure Miami is getting our full attention right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

90% Less Delusional Than The Crap The Coots Were Spewing

Nov 29, 2017, 12:16 PM

They Forgot a big one. They have ZERO big game experience or hostile environment experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic