Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
List of potential candidates for BBall job:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

List of potential candidates for BBall job:

Mar 15, 2017, 7:58 AM

Anybody else

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

For starters Oaklands coach would be better than Brad***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:03 AM

he does look like a mature Flounder from Animal House

Mar 15, 2017, 8:07 AM

somebody stated that previously but the resemblance is uncanny.

Yeah....... a less rounder Flounder***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:14 AM

Re: Flounder or founder

Mar 15, 2017, 8:31 AM

what we did last night

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A pledge pin?!***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to he does look like a mature Flounder from Animal House ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: For starters Oaklands coach would be better than Brad***

Mar 15, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to For starters Oaklands coach would be better than Brad*** ]

a 3-legged blind mule would @ least care!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pat Kelsey - Winthrop

Mar 15, 2017, 8:05 AM

His resume is excellent, he's witty and funny. He's the BMOC at Winthrop. Do some research and you'll want this guy too. He's like a Dabo but for basketball.

John Stockton***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Charles Barkley***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charles Barkley***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:48 AM

Hey look it's another troll

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: List of potential candidates for BBall job:

Mar 15, 2017, 8:52 AM

Will Wade
Pat Kelsey
Mick Cronin
Archie Miller

Mick Cronin? Absolutely not!

Mar 15, 2017, 8:56 AM

First, he would not do well at Clemson. Second, he coaches for his alma mater, he ain't leaving unless he's fired.

Archie Miller isn't leaving UD to come to Clemson. If he leaves UD it's going to be for a big time job (I don't even know if he'd go to NCSU at this point, but maybe he will).

The other two, sure I'm good with those two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Mick Cronin? Absolutely not!

Mar 15, 2017, 9:04 AM

I'm sure most felt the same way about Buzz Williams going from Marquette to Va Tech and Jamie Dixon to TCU. You don't know until you inquire. Cronin is a heck of a recruiter and I think thats our biggest need. He won't lay down and take it from K or Roy Boy either. He is tied to Cincy and wouldn't be easy to get, but don't see why you think he wouldn't do well at Clemson. I'm good with any of these 4.

Buzz and Jamie can coach and have shown that

Mar 15, 2017, 9:33 AM

Cronin has the added benefit of being at UC where it's a lot easier to get guys accepted. I have a close connection with a guy playing there now who is really good, but the reason he is at UC is because he couldn't get into other schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

tcu

Mar 15, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Mick Cronin? Absolutely not! ]

is jamies alma mater is it not?? so, why wouldn't you go there?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I wasn't asking for a list. I provided the list.***

Mar 15, 2017, 8:53 AM

null

John Stockton***

Mar 15, 2017, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Mar 15, 2017, 9:28 AM

champ kind
#### mcgee
phillip mcgroin
harry sakks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I think Will Wade us an obvious choice.

Mar 15, 2017, 9:38 AM

Clemson guy. Can recruit the area. High energy. You can also get him cheaper than most. You gotta atleast try him out.

Mar 15, 2017, 9:42 AM

Not sure who's available, but it's time to stop short changing the basketball team. Get a guy that has coached well in a legitimate conference.......anyone....... need a guy who can will his team to close out games......and not lose to little schools........AT HOME!

Mar 15, 2017, 10:25 AM

Bryce Drew from Vanderbilt!

There are plenty of guys who would listen

Mar 15, 2017, 10:26 AM

and plenty of guys who would be a positive change of direction. You'll hear the same names for several jobs: Wade, Hurley, Miller, Keats, Kelsey and I'm sure there are others

FInd a Successful Coaching Tree and get started

Mar 15, 2017, 10:55 AM

Coach K's former Assistants have done pretty well. Coach Knights Tree has about finished Sprouting though. At least it's somewhere to start. People way above my Pay Grade will figure it out. But a change is coming! If not this year we are just delaying the inevitable.

Will Wade and Pat Kelsey should be at the top of the list.

Mar 15, 2017, 12:05 PM

We should also talk to Gregg Marshall to gauge his interest. There is no reason we can't get a really good coach at Clemson. My concern is whether or not the administration is serious about basketball and will be willing to truly do a nationwide search and pay a good salary.

Clemson can be great and football and basketball, but it starts with a mentally and I'm not convinced that the administration or most of our fans have it.

If we are just going to be cheap and take a chance on another coach who isn't a great hire, then we should just keep Brownell.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

well said***

Mar 15, 2017, 12:18 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is the difference on keeping BB and "taking a chance"

Mar 15, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Will Wade and Pat Kelsey should be at the top of the list. ]

on an unproven coach?

Do you think we would ink Kelsey for a big contract, coming from Winthrop, or do you think he would be "cheap compared to other coaches?

I don't get what you're saying... I do agree that all those guys would be a good fit here, and we should gauge their interest.

But I don't get the mentality of "keep BB if we are just going to take another chance"--- what the hell is the difference?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 12:08 PM

Anybody besides Brad...

Will Wade should be the coach

Mar 15, 2017, 12:08 PM

It's very rare that a talented young coach has Clemson as his alma mater. Brad's been here seven years, and we know who he is. We consistently lose the close games, and we consistently lose the most important games under Brownell.

It's possible that Will Wade won't be any better, but who cares? What is there to lose? A chance to go to the NIT next year?

Will Wade at least gives this program some hope, plus with it being his alma mater, if he succeeds, it would likely take an amazing job for him to get pried away from us. Wade could potentially be the head coach here for 20+ years if he's successful. It's laughable now, but even in Brownell's early days here people were afraid Purdue or even Indiana would hire him away from us.

Wade's also been quite impressive at both Chattanooga and VCU. The A-10 isn't the ACC, but it's definitely a huge step up from the Horizon League, which was where Brownell coached previously.

For me it's a no-brainer to fire Brownell. I thought he should probably be fired after 14-15, and he definitely should have been let go after last season. The "having to play in Greenville" excuse didn't have merit to me. The reason last year was unsuccessful was because we lost to a bad UMass team on a neutral court, a terrible Minnesota team (they finished 8-23 and 2-16 in the Big 10) on the road, and we went 0-3 against the SEC, including a 23-point loss at UGA. We went 7-2 at home in the ACC last season, including wins over ranked teams in Pitt, Louisville, Miami, and Duke. There was no reason to think last year's missing both the NCAA Tournament and NIT was a result of "playing in Greenville."

Re: Will Wade should be the coach

Mar 15, 2017, 3:20 PM

One NIT win would have kept me quite. Quiet no more. About two years ago I pushed for Monte Lee before someone else grabbed him. It is time to grab Will Wade before we loose our chance. I don't see anyone out there with the same connections and possible love for Clemson. We need to move now for our future. We cannot afford to wait a year and let Will be picked by someone else and then we "settle" in 2018. I felt the same way about Monte, someone else was going to get him if we did not make the move. I like BB but it is now time.

Ikar Iturbe***

Mar 15, 2017, 12:41 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brandon Roy***

Mar 15, 2017, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 15, 2017, 4:55 PM

Chris Holtmann - Butler

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic