Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let’s sign BB to an extension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Let’s sign BB to an extension

Feb 20, 2019, 7:26 AM

Put our heads in the sand.

Pretend nothing is wrong.

Use stupid excuses like we don’t have facilities.

Pretend that going to the dance 1 time in 9 years is ok.

Blame the fans.

Act like we can’t get a better coach.

Defend this guy to no end and act like there’s nothing wrong.

Get upset with tiger fans if they call BB out.

I’ve been beating this drum for several years people. Wake up, he’s Tommy Bowden.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s sign BB to an extension

Feb 20, 2019, 7:27 AM

Tommy West.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:34 AM

here is an idea. anyone with a brain knows what the product on the floor is. but they are still clemson kids and coaches that work there ### off every day. our job is to support them. drads job is to make any changes that need to be made. he sort of seems to know what he is doing. he will do what is right and if he dont his a$s will be in hot water. i am gonna support them with all i got till a change is made then i will support the other guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 7:41 AM

I respect that. That said, we can be harsh as fans on an internet board. I respect your angle, but I respectfully think it is no bog deal for some of us fans to vent and complain on here. I am not even 100% sold CBB should go. I like our class coming in. That said, this year I will complain here and there. I agree there is level that is too extreme though.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:52 AM

complaining is fine. but the constant rants against the guy are uncalled for. the fact is brad is one helluva x and o guy. his problem, which we should all respect, is that he will not even recruit in the gray area. at a place like clemson it is hard to talk the zions of the world to come here when his mother gets a very nice house in durham. we need to get just one real stud that loves clemson to come and get the ball rolling. but we got to be able to get someone that can come in and start something special.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Let’s sign BB to an extension ]

If anyone is pointing fingers at the team(they are young men, not kids) then they need to go pull for Alabama in football, and Duke in basketball, but there comes a time when it becomes obvious that this team is not very good, and under Brad's leadership looks like it's not going to get any better. After last night I don't see this team having enough quality wins to get to the Big Dance barring some miraculous ACC Tournament run.
So let's just say they don't make the Big Dance and have to settle for the N.I.T.Many of us remember what happened in 2017 against Oakland at Littlejohn.
So if it is the N.I.T.and we go out in the first round, you make a change. If somehow Clemson could make a decent run, then you give Brad one more season, but no extension, and you lay the ground rules. Big Dance in 2021, considering what you have to replace this season, or he is gone.
You have to have young men who can play basketball. We have some very good young men on campus but this team can't seem to put together two good half's, and that, IMO, is a Coaching issue.

Well, at least you can say one thing about BB,

Feb 20, 2019, 7:37 AM

he hasn't threatened to leave and go coach at UNC like Tommy Bowden did when he warned us that Alabama was interested in him.

Re: Well, at least you can say one thing about BB,

Feb 20, 2019, 7:43 AM

Leave to go where? Where else would he get 2.5 million? What better option? That threat might be met with laughter. At the worst it would be met with confusion.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:51 AM

You keep accepting mediocrity that is what you will most likely keep receiving . Swinney changed Napier, Swinney changed Steele because they could not produce. There has to be better coaches out there in basketball also. Brownell has proven his system will not produce, just like Paul Johnson proved the triple option does not produce. Hard to get pumped up about basketball when our staff is playing checkers and most of our ACC opponents are playing chess.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:55 AM

brad was allowed to hire a quality control guy and we hired boogiemac in the jeff davis position. but this just happened last year. should have been done years ago.

Feb 20, 2019, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Well, at least you can say one thing about BB, ]

Arkansas*

Feb 20, 2019, 7:54 AM

You honestly don't have anything to do, do ya?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 20, 2019, 7:56 AM

LOL.... well played

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic