Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's go back to the good 'ol days in the 1980s
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Let's go back to the good 'ol days in the 1980s

Oct 29, 2019, 12:20 PM

when Clemson football ticket prices were cheap. You know, the days when we were a good-but-not great program, in trouble with the NCAA off and on, had a one-dimensional offense, and typically lost at least one game a year we shouldn't. Yeah, those were the days. Today really stinks in comparison.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'd love to go back...for

Oct 29, 2019, 12:24 PM

about a week, knowing what I know now....say in fall of 1989.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's go back to the good 'ol days in the 1980s

Oct 29, 2019, 12:26 PM

Some of us got super rich in the 1980s so we would not have to sit next to the poors at CU sporting events, let alone listen to them whine about it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What poors? I thought we got rid of them.***

Oct 29, 2019, 12:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 29, 2019, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 29, 2019, 12:56 PM

Oct 29, 2019, 12:28 PM

Todays teams are better and the CFP games and Championships are great! But, the 80s weren't so bad. 10 win teams, ACC champs, our first Natty! No problem getting in or out of lots or town. Always had space in the assigned lot and parking was a lot closer, games at 1:00 allowed for good tailgating and home reasonable. Could even stop in Columbia and watch App State beat the Coots!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 12:52 PM

djones73 said:

Todays teams are better and the CFP games and Championships are great! But, the 80s weren't so bad. 10 win teams, ACC champs, our first Natty! No problem getting in or out of lots or town. Always had space in the assigned lot and parking was a lot closer, games at 1:00 allowed for good tailgating and home reasonable. Could even stop in Columbia and watch App State beat the Coots!

You left out a few things like probation, CDF screaming at the NCSU coach that he turned hi in on TV, knowing the Fridge could barely read but made an acceptable score on the SAT, etc.

three yards and a cloud of dust and beating someone 17-3 was a shellacking

Oct 29, 2019, 1:22 PM

It's good to know the Kiffin's have such a stellar coaching record to be calling us out!

You can say what you will about the probation from the Pell years (look at UGA and fake grades, SC steroids etc) but the the later one under Ford was BS. A meal for a recruit at McDonalds and a recruit tailgating with their host were some of the violations.

I actually enjoyed the games with no TV time outs!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 12:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Don't act so confused.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:55 PM

My post is in response to this thread earlier today. You know, the one in which you were the first to comment:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/crazy-ticket-prices-rant-and-request-1942958?tstart=0

I think you're the juan confused hear.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I think you're the juan confused hear.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:59 PM

The irony of your post

Oct 29, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Don't act so confused. ]

is palpable

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: The irony of your post

Oct 29, 2019, 1:16 PM

LOL at the thumbs down.

Oct 29, 2019, 12:57 PM

Continue enjoying your orange overalls.

Who are you going to blame it on this time?

Oct 29, 2019, 1:03 PM

Prolly Francis Marion® agin right?

Yes, she is an easy target.***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:17 PM

Oct 29, 2019, 1:51 PM

Pony shoes, big shoulder pads and the people who made jersies put the tiger paws on the shoulder. These bozos now have no clue where to place the paw

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comedy...

Oct 29, 2019, 2:56 PM

It's not for everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Maybe he's not joking,

Oct 29, 2019, 3:12 PM

whence football is not for everyone.

Seems we have a pretty long list of things that aren't for..

Oct 29, 2019, 3:21 PM

"everyone".

1) Having a finger on the pulse of Clemson traditions.
2) Comedy
3) Football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Luckily for you you always have a finger on a pulse.***

Oct 29, 2019, 4:41 PM

4. Orange Overalls***

Oct 29, 2019, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Seems we have a pretty long list of things that aren't for.. ]

I included that in #1...

Oct 29, 2019, 5:30 PM

of things that aren’t for Judge Keller, I mean “everyone”.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic