Replies: 19  

Let band Play

[2]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 8:57 AM

And fire that DJ and his bad noise.

Re: Let band Play

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 9:04 AM

DJ has no idea of what real music sounds like. He actually THINKS that stuff he plays is music rather than the garbage it is. Thanks for the support buddy.

Get off my lawn***

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 1:37 PM

2019 purple level member

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

What wold you recommend?

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 7:29 PM

“Sandstorm?”

2019 white level member

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 9:09 AM

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the playing of "Orange Empire" was discontinued during pre-game activities? Copyright violation - or just making time for the DJ's noise? "OE" was perfect and it got the crowd pumped up too!! I'd love to see it brought back, but I suppose the "power's that be" feel obligated to play "music" that will appeal to the recruits/young folks.

Can anyone advise me how to implement a petition to bring back Orange Empire?

2019 orange level member

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 4:46 PM

I hope this is sarcasm...that Orange Empire song blows.

Music isn’t for us old-timers. It’s for recruiting***

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 10:19 AM

Re: Music isn’t for us old-timers. It’s for recruiting***

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 11:34 AM

^^^this guy gets it

If having a Polka band resulted in even one more 5 star coming to play at Clemson I would be all for it. Watching our entire student section (and defense) “Swag Surfin” during a time out was awesome. This DJ gets the crowd hype and the players and recruits love it. That should be the most important thing.

https://youtu.be/TFJSrKylC2U

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 12:50 PM

IDIOTS.

Shut up Boomer***

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 1:05 PM

Shut up Boomer***

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 1:05 PM

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 1:42 PM

Plus, it's a COLLEGE football game, so god forbid they play something a current student may enjoy.

But people have been whining on Tigernet about the music at games since at least 2002 so it doesn't surprise me.

GO TIGERS

It will stop when the artist catch on and want a cut of the

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 11:25 AM

big football tv money contracts when these songs are played at these stadiums and aired over TV. I'm surprised they haven't already as I have heard other tv programs say they have to pay for the rights to use songs.

Re: It will stop when the artist catch on and want a cut of the

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 4:50 PM

They get a license so they can play anything in the ASCAP and BMI libraries without additional fees or having to contact/pay individual artists

[4]
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 1:43 PM

I've never, ever needed any music to get me hyped for a CLEMSON football game. I don't even understand why anyone would bother to complain about it, and I'm old as dirt. The Star Spangled Banner pretty much does it for me.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 2:04 PM

They really should stop the dj when the band marches down the hill, around the stadium.

I don't understand why ESPN doesn't have better band sound

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 1:44 PM

on some of its games. IF its a matter of placing a microphone for tv then do it.

Example:
1. Last years Tex AM game. Once we won, I was really looking forward to watching the replay of that game with all the atmosphere of Aggie land and their great fight song. I've watched it a couple of times and all I hear is the Tiger pep band that made the trip. Maybe once did I even hear the Aggie band.
2. The Cotton Bowl: When you beat Notre Dame, it is always fun to hear that famous ND fight song. I have watched the Cotton Bowl a couple of times and not once did I hear the ND fight song. THe only time I even heard the Notre Dame Band was after the coaches shook hands at midfield. At that point, I could barely hear them.

Just don't get it. Some of ESPN's games can be very sterile sounding. The opposite used to be the case when they were first making a name for themselves.

The national championship game I could hear both bands clearly, but before the game they covered up a lot of pageantry with their same talking heads that had run out of new points to talk about.

I don't mind Clemson's DJ. He seems to add to the atmosphere instead of taking away. I still hear our band a lot on our home games.

yea go washington post

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 6:49 PM

not

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: yea go washington post

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 7:01 PM

Tiger Band hasn’t played The Washington Post since 2002. Thanks for noticing.

we're trying to bring it back***

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 7:30 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Replies: 19  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: I have the following tickets for the Wake Forest game. Venmo, ApplePay, Zelle, and PayPal friendly. ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1780 people have read this post