Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leggett = Bobby Bowden
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,066

Leggett = Bobby Bowden

Jun 1, 2014, 8:30 AM

Both were great when they had great assistants and both went into a free fall when those assts left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Jun 1, 2014, 8:35 AM

You must be joking. Comparatively I believe a very small percentage of people outside of South Carolina would even know who Jack Leggett is. BOBBY Bowden, on the other hand, was responsible for a dynasty. Your post was very funny & at the same time alarming considering you might actually be serious.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i wasnt comparing their notoriety

Jun 1, 2014, 8:41 AM

But jack is a hof coach but just like bobby I feel both were only good BC of of their assts .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said Jack Leggett equals Bobby Bowden.

Jun 1, 2014, 9:00 AM

You would never see a Bobby Bowden led FSU football team lose in a similar fashion as the Clemson baseball team just lost to Oregon a few days ago.

I do agree that Bowden wasn't the only person on that staff responsible for their success but Leggett is proving now just how ineffective he is as a program leader.

The longer Jack is at the helm of the Clemson baseball program the worse it will get & I suspect a very unimpressive season next year if he is still calling the shots.

I honestly have little to no interest in the game of baseball but there's so much interest shown that I just think it's time for people to wake up & realize what is actually going on with the Clemson Baseball Program.

Either supply Jack with some worthy assistant coaches or spend a little more effort ($$) on recruiting or Clemson baseball will be much more embarrassing in the very near future.

Clemson 1 Oregon 18? No excuse for that. "Pathetic" is an understatement. I love Clemson way too much to accept such events.

im not sure why ur arguing with me. we agree

Jun 1, 2014, 9:07 AM

Jack needs to go. Ur arguing on symantics obout bobby. U are right. They are not Exactly the same person I just didn't think Jack = Approx Bobby worked.

Thank you for clarifying the comparison;

Jun 1, 2014, 9:15 AM

Your original premise was that Jack is experiencing a slide in success similar to the end of Bobby's career & that he owes much of his success to his quality assistants & I mistook that for they've had similar overall success with regards to championships. Jack has provided some excellent teams but if you're suggesting he step down I'm certainly with you all the way.

The #1 reason I want him gone is that I want his job.

Re: i wasnt comparing their notoriety

Jun 1, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to i wasnt comparing their notoriety ]

Name me a coach with asst. that win??? What a dumba$$ post

Re: Leggett = Bobby Bowden = Tommy Bowden***

Jun 1, 2014, 8:48 AM

Leggett = Bobby Bowden = Tommy Bowden = Dabo Sweeny

Jun 1, 2014, 9:10 AM

Don't forget Dabo.

Remember how poorly we were doing under Dabo even with good players.

Dabo finally got some good assistant coaches and it has been cream rising to the top for the program ever since.

Our head coach is just the front man which is where Dabo actually shines!

We have no coach named Dabo Sweeny, coot.***

Jun 1, 2014, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

My speeling is bad. William Christopher "Dabo" Swinney

Jun 1, 2014, 9:27 AM

can't actually coach players but he finally learned through experience what he can do well which is being the front man for the program and leaving the coaching up to capable men such as Chad Morris and Brent Venables.

How quickly you forget.

I think you may be failing to see that Dabo is

Jun 1, 2014, 9:50 AM

master recruiter.

& that includes recruiting coaches.

& you're also failing to stay on topic. Please try again.

Re: Leggett = Bobby Bowden = Tommy Bowden = Dabo Sweeny

Jun 1, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Leggett = Bobby Bowden = Tommy Bowden = Dabo Sweeny ]

and another pathetic #### lover to ashamed to get a #### screen name.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Leggett = Bobby Bowden

Jun 1, 2014, 10:31 AM

Without the 2 national championships.

Re: Leggett = Bobby Bowden

Jun 1, 2014, 12:16 PM

Except minus all the Championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 14