Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lawrence or Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Lawrence or Bryant

Jul 18, 2018, 2:29 PM

After talking to the coaches over the last couple of days and especially talking to Brandon Streeter yesterday and Dabo last night, I don't get where everybody thinks Byant automatically starts. I think people read into things and see that they want to see. Dabo and Brandon have both said the best player will play, and if you don't do that you can lose the team.

Just spoke with Tommy Bowden, and he said he thinks Dabo has learned from 2014.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lawrence or Bryant

Jul 18, 2018, 2:32 PM

I also think that many of our fans think it needs to be resolved by the 1st game or even now. The coaches can sort it out when they both are playing the first few games. What's the big deal?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love me some Lawrence but I don't think starting him

Jul 18, 2018, 4:27 PM

at QB is the best idea. I mean he's like 340 lbs. Keep him at DT, his natural position please.

Re: I love me some Lawrence but I don't think starting him

Jul 18, 2018, 6:56 PM

I never thought about that. Maybe he will trim down over the summer.

Re: I love me some Lawrence but I don't think starting him

Jul 20, 2018, 8:19 AM [ in reply to I love me some Lawrence but I don't think starting him ]

I guess you forgot about Jared Kushner (or whatever his name was), the 350 Lb. QB that started for the Kentucky Mildcats!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

Winning the national title!

Jul 19, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

I agree but, if KB looks the way he did in the bama and spring game when we play A&M, I hope that somebody has the nuts to pull him before we have run out of opportunities to pull the game out for a win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 2:33 PM

David, it sounds like you are reading into things.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 2:35 PM

I don't get where people get off thinking they know more than the coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 2:44 PM

Maybe they don't...maybe they have a gut feeling what the coaches will end up doing while others want to doubt they will do it.

After the success we’ve had, who am I to question it?

Jul 18, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

I plan to sit back and enjoy the ride. I have full confidence Dabo and co. will put the absolute best product on the field.

Re: After the success we’ve had, who am I to question it?

Jul 18, 2018, 2:52 PM

Don't think anyone IS questioning it...or could. Is it September yet? Has the day 1 starter been announced? That's what's funny..."people are questioning the coaches decision" keeps being said...a decision that hasn't even been made yet. o_O

Do you even read tnet bro?

Jul 18, 2018, 3:22 PM

When does what the coaches actually say ever stop people from questoning what they say..or havnt said, or will say?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 18, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

Bryant has been in the system long enough to do everything and do it well. He can’t. TL has been in the system for 20 scrimmages or practices. He may not have a full grasp of the offense, but he looked pretty dang good in the spring game. He had another td called back by coach due to a touch that had no effect on the play and was bang bang. I am not the coach, but I can still have my on opinion and the most potential is for TL TO START and learn as much as he can. Can he do the job. If I was a betting man and he can stay healthy, I bet he can do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 8:51 PM

I may be dreaming but when Dabo called back that td by Lawrence I thought he was a little over doing it, that it shouldn't have been negated but he didn't want things to get too whop-sided, not to discourage KB. Maybe I'm overly suspicious.

Mostly agree. But my wager on Bama in championship game was

Jul 19, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

easy money. Had bet Clemson to win natl championship in pre-season Vegas futures bet as in 2015 and 2016. But bet Bama in 2018 playoff game giving Tigers very little chance to beat the spread. While I suspected we would lose with KB at QB and Bama stuffing the line, apparently coaches believed we could win. Again, very easy money and disappointed offensive coaches had no Plan B.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo seemed very candid that this race is much tighter

Jul 18, 2018, 2:36 PM

than Stoudt and DW4. Said that Stoudt was well ahead of DW4 due to the collarbone issue, etc.

The fact that Dabo is saying that sort of stuff and not saying things like "KB just took us to the playoff, of course he has earned the number 1 spot". Really leads you to believe that this is not going to be resolved anytime soon and is a legit battle.

Re: Dabo seemed very candid that this race is much tighter

Jul 18, 2018, 2:40 PM

I agree. It seems like he is leaving the door wide open

I also liked where Dabo said, the players can tell you who

Jul 18, 2018, 2:37 PM

the starter will be. We often forget that. The coaches aren't gonna just randomly play someone. The players know who needs to be out there. So whoever wins the job, wins the job. Pretty simple.

Jul 18, 2018, 2:37 PM

If Trevor, without a doubt, give us the best chance to win, he will start. Dabo is not going to risk losing games and losing the team because he is “loyal” to KB. Cant wait to see how it shakes out.

David, could you ask Tommy Bowden

Jul 18, 2018, 2:45 PM

exactly what it is that he thinks Dabo learned in 2014?

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I like this question but then David I would ask him, who cares

Jul 18, 2018, 2:49 PM

What you think tommy Bowden. Just to see how he responds.

Re: David, could you ask Tommy Bowden

Jul 18, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to David, could you ask Tommy Bowden ]

for one, don't eat grass off of the sidelines.

Hood I love ya man. But TB is not one I'd ever expect to get much good football advice from unless you want a recipe to underachieve.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know more than the coaches

I just know who I want to see our there slinging it.

The Dude abides

Re: I don't know more than the coaches

Jul 18, 2018, 3:36 PM

Signed,
95% of Tigernet users

SPOT THE BALL ALREADY

Jul 18, 2018, 2:50 PM

BIG D, WHAT IS AMAZING IS THAT A COACH THAT HAS 8 TEN WIN SEASONS IN A ROW AND 3 STRAIGHT TRIPS TO THE FINAL 4 WOULD BE QUESTIONED IN THE LEAST OVER ANYTHING HE DOES. SEEMS TO ME HE HAS A FORMULA THAT IS WORKING PRETTY GOOD. YET YOU HAVE A CERTAIN GROUP OF MOUTHBREATHERS THAT PRETTY MUCH QUESTION EVERYTHING HE SAYS. AMAZING WORLD WE LIVE IN TODAY.

Jul 18, 2018, 2:57 PM

SINCE WE ARE SCREAMING....PLEASE TELL ME HOW IT IS CONSIDERED QUESTIONING WHAT HE IS DOING WHEN THEY HAVEN'T EVEN NAMED THE DAY 1 STARTER YET? WE KNOW WHO LEADS THE SPRING....THEY HAVE YET TO DATE TO NAME WHO WILL BE THE STARTER AT FURMAN 100%. SO HOW IS ANYONE'S OPINIONS, WHETHER FOR LAWRENCE OR FOR BRYANT, QUESTIONING.

YOU DO REALIZE THAT IF THEY CHOSE LAWRENCE TO START GAME 1, THAT MAKES ALL OF THE PEOPLE CLAMORING FOR BRYANT TO START THE ONES ACTUALLY QUESTIONING HIS DECISION, RIGHT?

Jul 18, 2018, 3:06 PM

UH, NO IT DOES NOT AT ALL. IT MEANS TREVOR WON THE JOB AND THENCE HE WAS NAMED THE STARTER. AND IF YOU DONT THINK PEOPLE ARE QUESTIONING DABO MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO A LITTLE READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

What is Tommy doing at ACC Media Days, anyway?***

Jul 18, 2018, 3:10 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

BUT THEN THE PEOPLE WANTING TREVOR TO START MATCH THE COACH'S ACTUAL DECISION...THE ONES SAYING KELLY EARNED IT AND SHOULD HAVE IT DON'T. THERE ARE VERY FEW QUESTIONING DABO....THERE ARE PLENTY THAT ARE DICUSSING WHETHER THEY THINK KELLY WILL BE THE STARTER WHEN THE DECISION IS FINALLY MADE LATE AUGUST, OR INTO THE SEASON. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD. .I JUST WANT TO

Jul 18, 2018, 3:27 PM

TYPE N BIG LEITER

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD. .I JUST WANT TO

Jul 18, 2018, 3:29 PM

BE CAREFUL< ALL THIS SCREAMING MAKES YOU LIGHT HEADED...I need to sit down now.

Jul 18, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

Does anyone else feel like Chris Farley now?? LOL

SIGH......***

Jul 18, 2018, 8:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SIGH......***

Jul 18, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence or Bryant ]

Welcome to the real society that we live in!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems pretty obvious to me that when you look at the recent

Jul 18, 2018, 2:56 PM

rankings of the top QBs to ever play the game at any level, and you see Trevor Lawrence sitting at #1 ahead of all-time greats like DW4, Joe Montana, Tom Brady and Charlie Whitehurst...Dabo's decision has already been made for him.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If Bowden knew as much as he thinks he knows he'd be coachin

Jul 18, 2018, 2:57 PM

instead of talking for a living.

We didn't see DW in his freshman year Spring game and I was fine with Dabo starting Cole for a couple games. That played out right because DW was reckless and stayed injured most of the year. TL doesn't seem to project that recklessness. Imo, that's a maturity thing which Dabo is likely to have noted.

I hope TL starts but I still don't believe he will be the starter in the first two games. Also, if Dabo doesn't get this boy ready for the Playoff early and as well as possible I will be disappointed. I understand that Dabo is in this for what's best for CU, the football program and each individual player.

Often some of us eventually realize why Dabo does things and some of us never learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Bowden knew as much as he thinks he knows he'd be coachin

Jul 19, 2018, 10:11 PM

I honestly believe that the senior should start, but he should be on a short leash bc of the way his last two outings looked like, don't you think!!!

I wish TL would go ahead and announce if he plans on

Jul 18, 2018, 2:58 PM

starting. I bet Dabo wishes he's hurry up and decide too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

TL should name Bryant the starter

Jul 18, 2018, 6:13 PM

That would settle things.

Did Tommy Bowden forget about the Syracuse game?

Jul 18, 2018, 3:13 PM

If Dabo learned from 2014, I guess he went backwards in 2017. There's no reason Cooper should've played one snap in that game. Sorry guys but the coaching staff failed to play the better player that night.

Bryant should probably start

Jul 18, 2018, 3:14 PM

Trevor needs to start getting ready for the NFL draft. No need to risk injury this season. Expect a "Clowney" like season from Lawrence.

Tough call, but I'd go with Bryant

Jul 18, 2018, 3:14 PM

"Famous" Amos Lawrence probably had more breakaway speed, but Kelvin Bryant was your dependable workhorse, better in the clutch, always good for three yards if you needed it. We are talking about UNC running backs during the Disco years, right?

Just Win Baby!***

Jul 18, 2018, 3:37 PM

Water the Point Tree

Jul 18, 2018, 3:39 PM

I was under the impression that 99% of some T-Netters couldn't read

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lawrence or Bryant; T-netters can't read??

Jul 19, 2018, 10:07 PM

More like, can't hear. Y'all have deafened me with all yer hollerin'.

Jul 18, 2018, 3:50 PM

Dexter and Austin are both starters, SMH . You tell Brandon Streeter to worry about his QB room ... BV and Dabo got this .

DB23

Jul 19, 2018, 12:24 PM

True... streeter should stay in his lane and let BV do his thing. Streeter needs to focus on finding the next DW and TL and getting him to commit to us. Clemson is becoming QBU along with DLU. WRU is great, but we are more than that

Both Will Play for the First Four Games

Jul 18, 2018, 4:34 PM

I think with the new 4-game redshirt rule next year, they're going to play both for the first four games and see where they are after that. If Lawrence takes over the starting job they can redshirt Bryant and have him back for one year at another position. If Lawrence just isn't ready to play as a true freshman they can redshirt him.

Re: Both Will Play for the First Four Games

Jul 19, 2018, 10:15 PM

That is a good thought....

Jul 18, 2018, 6:34 PM

They both play. Must keep them from going straight to the c00ts just before the Furman game. Will see.1a 1b. All 3 need game experience. That is TL,CB and Batson. KB can win the ACC. Will need the best downfield passer for Texas AM. Must keep both KB and TL engaged! Tommy who?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 6:43 PM

You had me "All In" until you mention Tommy Bowden. ugh

Re: BOOM!

Jul 18, 2018, 7:30 PM

we're trusting TB again?

;)

It's Time !!!!

Jul 18, 2018, 8:12 PM
giphy.gif(66.9 K)

yes sir,it's time !!!!!

Why can't they both start?

Jul 19, 2018, 7:41 AM

Coach said Lawrence is 100% healthy now and Bryant was a starter last year. These are two likely first rounders.

It is going to be an interesting year...***

Jul 19, 2018, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Tommy said it as a backhanded compliment.

Jul 19, 2018, 10:14 PM

As usual. Complete with that annoying nervous chuckle of his.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 20, 2018, 9:47 AM

David, I only wish the TNETs had the emotional and logical capacity to comprehend what you just said.

Jul 20, 2018, 9:51 AM

David, I only wish the TNETs had the emotional and logical capacity to comprehend what you just said and what the coaches have been saying. Either we’ve been overrun by Coots or we’re becoming like them in our mental capacities.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic