Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Laughable (CBS conference rankings)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,484

Laughable (CBS conference rankings)

Dec 12, 2017, 9:14 AM

This guy who wrote this has ZERO football knowledge and obviously didn't watch any football this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-conference-power-rankings-sec-back-on-top-in-2017/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Laughable (CBS conference rankings)

Dec 12, 2017, 9:26 AM

If the SEC is so good and the ACC is so bad why does bama have a terrible SOS and we have one of the best SOS?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 12, 2017, 9:32 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. And all the sudden Miami was a joke. How about USC, WIS,OSU, OKST, MICH, ETC.. Just because we took care of business that all the sudden means Miami is as bad as a 6 win team. He made it sound like everyone accept for Clemson was below .500. Anyways it was only one guys opinion who has no business covering this sport.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go figure. CBS is an SEC affiliate

Dec 12, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Laughable (CBS conference rankings) ]

The dim lit writer even expanded on exactly why the ACC is better than he would like to admit by stating that "Only four of the 14 ACC schools finished above .500 in conference play." That just means the conference was strong in conference and when you couple that with the team's out of conference records it becomes even more clear that the ACC was strong from top to bottom.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go figure. CBS is an SEC affiliate

Dec 12, 2017, 10:27 AM

It will show in bowl season when Wake Forest wrecks Texas A&M.

Dec 12, 2017, 11:11 AM

I've been reading CBS for years, and despite all the people who talk about how bad ESPN is in regard to promoting the SEC, I actually think CBS is worse. They don't even pretend to be objective with any agenda they have, and frequently run that little banner ad at the bottom that says "the best football from the best conference" or some such BS. Between pumping the SEC, trying to find Colon Kapernick a job, and blaming poor NFL attendance on anything BUT the fact that some people are actually offended by kneeling players, that site is a real piece of work. I don't even look at the NFL news anymore, and rarely look at college football news there either.

One of the most dramatic changes I've seen in my lifetime is the complete lack of objectivity in reporting, in sports and otherwise. And CBS and ESPN are the absolute worst.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Go figure. CBS is an SEC affiliate ]

It's interesting that he didn't point out that the SEC only had 5 teams above .500 in conference play.

Dec 12, 2017, 11:39 AM

Barrett Sallee is a complete buffoon. Before the Auburn game he stated we would not move the ball at all and Auburn would dismantle our defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst part is that he actually says the ACC was

Dec 12, 2017, 12:43 PM

extremely top heavy. That couldn't be more wrong. The strength of the ACC wasn't really at the top this year, it was the depth of the conference. While conferences like the Big Ten and SEC boast a few very good teams and then a bunch of garbage (Maryland, Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, Tenn, Vandy, Arkansas, Florida, etc), the ACC went 9-10 deep with quality teams this year.

I would pick Wake Forest to beat about 8 teams in the B1G and probably at least 7 in the SEC. Wake is better South Carolina IMO.

As always, depth gets overlooked and undervalued in comparison to what's at the top of these conference when these comparisons are done. Some people wanted to claim that the B1G was the best conference in CFB last year just because they had 4 teams that won 10 games (OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin). Never mind the fact that the other 10 teams were largely trash. Not a great deal has changed IMO.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,484
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic