Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Late mentioning but interesting & surprising #1 Bama had FG & Extra Point Kicking Problems
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Late mentioning but interesting & surprising #1 Bama had FG & Extra Point Kicking Problems

Mar 18, 2019, 9:21 AM

in 2018 as well as in Natty with us..

and it was noted how in the world can’t Saban get a kicker.

Well, seems that’s a good & fair question to be made, of others too!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Late mentioning but interesting & surprising #1 Bama had FG & Extra Point Kicking Problems

Mar 18, 2019, 9:27 AM

They actually had three five star kickers on their bench along with the rest of the fiver star players who are waiting in line for their opportunity

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Late mentioning but interesting & surprising #1 Bama had FG & Extra Point Kicking Problems

Mar 18, 2019, 9:35 AM

I actually heard that as one of the excuses why the lost the CG.

Just imagine, if they had a solid kicker, and could’ve kicked 10 FGs, they would’ve won another Natty.

#BamaBeatThemselves

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 9:43 AM

That still would have only given them 30 points. How would they have won when they couldn't stop our offense? even if they had scored the 2 TD's that they did we should have scored at least 54 points but probably 60 points against them. Their offense wasn't prepared for a shootout and ours would have been.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10 more Bama FGs

Mar 18, 2019, 1:37 PM

I think each team only had 12 possessions. Bama had 3 scores, 2 Turnovers, 3 Turnovers on Downs, and 3 Punts (+1 EoH). Even if they converted all their 4th downs into FGs and magically eliminated all punts and kicked FGs on those possessions, that's only 18 more points. We would still have beat them BY 10 without trying any harder to score.

Yes, i think it's obvious that by eschewing the FGs, Saban forced his team into a red zone straitjacket that has been our defensive strength all year. So he made their deficit insurmountable while forcing his offense into the mouth of Godzilla. But too bad for him, the Power Rangers were on Godzilla's side.

But as BRO63 said, Tua or not, that Bama team was not prepared to match TDs with us.

Awfully humble of your Bama friends to keep explaining why Bama didn't deserve to be #1. Ask your friends for their next excuse.

Re: 10 more Bama FGs

Mar 18, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Late mentioning but interesting & surprising #1 Bama had FG & Extra Point Kicking Problems ]

I think each team only had 12 possessions. Bama had 3 scores, 2 Turnovers, 3 Turnovers on Downs, and 3 Punts (+1 EoH). Even if they converted all their 4th downs into FGs and magically eliminated all punts and kicked FGs on those possessions, that's only 18 more points. We would still have beat them BY 10 without trying any harder to score.

Yes, i think it's obvious that by eschewing the FGs, Saban forced his team into a red zone straitjacket that has been our defensive strength all year. So he made their deficit insurmountable while forcing his offense into the mouth of Godzilla. But too bad for him, the Power Rangers were on Godzilla's side.

But as BRO63 said, Tua or not, that Bama team was not prepared to match TDs with us.

Awfully humble of your Bama friends to keep explaining why Bama didn't deserve to be #1. Ask your friends for their next excuse.

Fair Point Bill

Mar 18, 2019, 1:44 PM

Seems like top kickers and punters would be inundating Saban and Dabo with video, stats and testimonials to play for the best teams in the country. And that coaches would just bring them in for tryouts and personality fit checks. Like you, I do not get it. Could it be special teams coaching. Are there college teams who do not win big but routinely crank out pro kickers and punters with superior punt/kicking coaches?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic