Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last Night's Attendance and Some Other Stuff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,749

Last Night's Attendance and Some Other Stuff

Sep 22, 2019, 2:26 PM

My daughter and I left our house at Clemson Downs at 5:00 PM and was parking in Lot 20 about 15 to 20 minutes later. The traffic was like normal traffic on a week day. Usually, there are cars parked on the side of Perimeter Road all the way out to the Armory on US 76. When I saw no cars parked that far out I told my daughter the crowd would be about 65,000. Just before the kickoff, the stands were filling rapidly and just before the kickoff, I noticed all portals were jammed with people coming in. There were empty seats around the stadium but I was pleasantly pleased with the turnout. I've not seen the attendance figure but my guess would be about 76,000 to 78,000.

Noise? I was also amazed at the noise. A young man behind me must have hit about 125 to 130 db. That boy could earn a good living calling the goats and cows in the Swiss Alps.

Dabo started ending in the reserves in the first quarter and then it became a team of virtually unknowns. I wonder how many teams, playing at home yesterday, ran up the score before subbing the reserves. ONE HUNDRED ELEVEN Tigers saw playing time. I don't know if is a record and, if not, it should be close to the record. That's 26 over the 85 scholarship level. What an excellent recruiting tool --- "if you are wearing a Tiger uniform you will probably get a chance to play at Clemson even if you are fifth or sixth string".

The team concept was on public display last night. The starters and top reserves were congratulating the reserves at their every move. Our players are team oriented and adding to their personal stats is secondary. It was if the coaches were saying, "get on the field and have fun".

Unfortunately, most of the headlines read, QB threw 5 TD passes, RB ran for 214 yards, etc, but one of the best headlines should have read, "One hundred eleven Clemson Tigers saw playing time in Clemson's 52 - 10 win over Charlotte".

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last Night's Attendance and Some Other Stuff

Sep 22, 2019, 2:29 PM

Agree! Or a headline “5 QBs play for Clemson”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 2:39 PM

I agree about the team wholeheartedly Joe21.
What a great time for Clemson football, and “the best is yet to come!”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 2:41 PM

Yes, Love

111 - Amazing!!!!***

Sep 22, 2019, 2:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Sep 22, 2019, 2:51 PM

Kewl; I bet fans and players were hoping to get in the Disney movie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 3:48 PM

For some reason, the students in the lower level began leaving the game even before the subs took over! I think we have a large number of students who enjoy posing as chicken fans And they do a good job. Sickening!

Sep 23, 2019, 2:21 AM

Joe, another great tell of the actual story, but if the head lines would have read as you stated they should have, it could have easily been use as a recruiting tool, and heaven knows that the sporting media will go out of their way to keep the truth from being told. If they believe that the actual truth would help Clemson in any way, they would rather print a half truth of the story before they will ever print the actual story that 111 Clemson players played in the win over Charlotte 52-10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,749
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic