Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU/BAMA Take
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

LSU/BAMA Take

Nov 10, 2019, 9:53 PM

We saw a "Good" LSU team beat an,untested,"above average" BAMA team. Neither have looked like the unstoppable forces some in the media make them out to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU/BAMA Take

Nov 10, 2019, 10:04 PM

Agree. Three of their four ‘top 10 wins’ were over teams from the most over rated and hyped conference in the P5. By 3 at home over Auburn, and by 14 at home vs Florida. The fourth ‘Top 10’ team was Texas - courtesy of preseason hype - and by 7 over what is now revealed as a mediocre team.

I think our Tigers can play with anyone!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 10, 2019, 10:04 PM

My take is they both have bad defenses. Not only going by this game both have given up points to teams that don’t have much offense. LSU showed that if you pressure Tua he makes a lot of mistakes. They just couldn’t pressure him the entire game. One thing I also saw was if you pressure Borrow he’s easy to sack. But you have to get to him fast because of the quick slants. Neither team will stand up to us or OSU’s defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 10:18 PM

I picked Alabama to win, but:

1. Burrow is better on his feet than we thought; or
2. Alabama's defense hasn't been the same since we shredded them.

I am leaning toward #2.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a mixture of the two

Nov 10, 2019, 10:37 PM

burrow is no slouch and with him lsu can hang points on anyone..i do think bret and our defense would have the recipe to slow them down though like with bama last year

Nov 10, 2019, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU/BAMA Take ]

They are nothing compared to the year DW4 and Co. beat them. That group was nasty.

i remember those tight windows watson had

Nov 10, 2019, 10:46 PM

to get the ball into..now days you have guys running free in their secondary

Nov 10, 2019, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU/BAMA Take ]

Yep... we fought tooth and nail for every yard that game, and got them when it mattered! I still have the image of Watson being helicoptered by that defense. But it took a tough team to prevail against that defense

Nov 10, 2019, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU/BAMA Take ]

My take is that both teams have very good offenses, about average defenses, thin depth, and poorly conditioned players. Both LSU and Bama were gassed in the second half with players falling down every few plays to get breathers, especially LSU. Burrow is good and probably will get the Heisman, but a good defense will slow him down like Auburn did.

If we play either in the CFP, we will run away in the second quarter like against Bama last year. I think Clemson has the best conditioned team in CFB (like last year), and the few injuries prove it. Dabo enhances the great conditioning with the many substitutions, and our Tigers are fresh and ready for the teams that are now tired and sagging.

Not many coaches are smart enough to see what Dabo is doing with conditioning and substituting. Taggart would probably still be the HC at FSU if he had his team as well conditioned as most high school teams.

One more take...

Nov 10, 2019, 10:34 PM

Huge TV ratings for that game may pressure the committee to put an undeserving team in the playoff.

Nope.***

Nov 10, 2019, 10:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nov 10, 2019, 11:50 PM

SEC teams playing each other does not give a good indication as to how good they really are. Just as our ACC teams playing each other does not give a good indication. All we really know is that Bama and LSU are a lot better than their lower tier teams and that Clemson is a lot better than the ACC lower tier teams. We have not played each other enough (at least the better teams) to get a feel. Prior to the playoffs every year we are underdogs because the talking heads have always assumed that the SEC and Big 10 are better. We will see!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 11:52 PM

That little bowling ball of a running back for LSU was the difference.

Re: LSU/BAMA = 2018 OK...

Nov 11, 2019, 12:02 AM

who can outscore the other.

Fun to watch.

Don't want any part of Clemson/Dabo/Brent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'd be fairly competitive in the Big 12.

Nov 11, 2019, 12:43 AM

I'm not sure either could win the conference title but they'd fall somewhere in the upper echelon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard time convincing me...

Nov 11, 2019, 6:14 AM

Alabama and Oklahoma aren't the same team.

Last years Bama team was supposed to be the greatest EVER...

Nov 11, 2019, 12:48 AM

at least according to the talking heads in the media.

We all know how that worked-out for them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 11, 2019, 7:56 AM

My take is that the LSU/Bama game looked a lot like the 2019 NCG ... but LSU could not play defense. LSU just ran a lot of copy-cat stuff and blew out score just before halftime.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:38 AM

Well, I picked LSU to win...and I was right. So many people (not just here but on TV) are writing off the rest of the season as if the games are already played. And I know ESPN is 'Hot Take Central' but people must realize that UGA and Bama still have to play Auburn, right? Auburn who went to the wire with LSU. I'm betting Auburn wins one if not both of those games.

My take is that Tigernetters will go to crazy lengths

Nov 11, 2019, 8:40 AM

to marginalize literally every other team in the country except Clemson. We are awesome and everyone is somewhere between terrible and slightly above average.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic