Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL, C'Mon yall. Quit worrying.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

LOL, C'Mon yall. Quit worrying.

Oct 13, 2019, 5:08 PM

If we lose a game, yup, unless a LOT of losses happen to others, we are out. But if we win out, there is ZERO chance a team who's last loss was in 2017 will he left out. Zero point zero zero. Those are actual sports professionals on the real committee for the most part. They know how hard it is to win. Win=In at NO WORSE than #3.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I happen to disagree with you**

Oct 13, 2019, 8:57 PM

I think the committee’s attitude towards Clemson, its schedule, SEC bias, and a general disrespect and jealousy towards Clemson could, believe it or not, result in a snubbing of an undefeated Tigers team at playoff selection time. I guess 48 years of following college football closely leaves me a bit skeptical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The committee's "attitude towards Clemson"...

Oct 13, 2019, 9:04 PM

...a team that they put in the Top 4 four years running? I don't quite understand that statement. True, the SEC bias and schedule questions have been there from the MEDIA all four years, but not the actual selection committee. So I respectfully disagree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I happen to disagree with you**

Oct 13, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to I happen to disagree with you** ]

So I looked at this years committee members today. They are made up of the athletic Directors from NC St, GaTech, Frank Beamer all with ACC ties. Then it's the AD from Miss St and UF. Throw in one from Iowa, Oregon, AZ St and some reporter chick from AZ as the designated non-athletic professional and that is the group minus one or two I forget. I wouldnt worry too much about Bias other than stepping on a banana peel. Are there teams in other conferences who can beat us? Very possible that Ohio St, LSU, Alabama OR Sooners can do it. Those are all dangerous teams, but there is a lot of season left. Win, and there is NO way I see a group of professionals keeping us out. We as fans may. Be biased, the media surely is, but a bunch of pros I put more faith in. Too many ways payback hurts more than being shady helps. Just my opinion.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to I happen to disagree with you** ]

So I looked at this years committee members today. They are made up of the athletic Directors from NC St, GaTech, Frank Beamer all with ACC ties. Then it's the AD from Miss St and UF. Throw in one from Iowa, Oregon, AZ St and some reporter chick from AZ as the designated non-athletic professional and that is the group minus one or two I forget. I wouldnt worry too much about Bias other than stepping on a banana peel. Are there teams in other conferences who can beat us? Very possible that Ohio St, LSU, Alabama OR Sooners can do it. Those are all dangerous teams, but there is a lot of season left. Win, and there is NO way I see a group of professionals keeping us out. We as fans may. Be biased, the media surely is, but a bunch of pros I put more faith in. Too many ways payback hurts more than being shady helps. Just my opinion.

What in hades do you know about the Committee's opinion? It

Oct 13, 2019, 11:08 PM [ in reply to I happen to disagree with you** ]

hasn't been stated yet and there's still half the season to play, not counting conference championship games. The media does not speak for nor have they ever represented the committee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to I happen to disagree with you** ]

Agreed. My bad- poor wording on my part. I should have said my own personal perceived fear of the committees attitude when the time arrives. I just think this issue with the weak ACC schedule is growing, and many people within the college football are tired and jealous of our dominance. The committee members as a group are probably above that (I hope so), but I’m not sure I have the trust level until the first ranking comes out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win out and we’re in! There’s no way they leave us out***

Oct 14, 2019, 7:41 PM [ in reply to I happen to disagree with you** ]

If the committee were to vote today

Oct 13, 2019, 9:13 PM

I think we would be #1. I really do. The committee isn’t playing into all this bogus BS. We haven’t lost. Although folks say we haven’t looked good we also dial back our playbook as soon as we get up by a few TDs and empty the benches. The committee will certainly consider that. They’ll also consider that Alabama’s toughest win was very similar to ours and LSU gave up 28 to a really bad offense last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the committee were to vote today

Oct 13, 2019, 9:21 PM

I agree.

Re: If the committee were to vote today

Oct 13, 2019, 10:27 PM [ in reply to If the committee were to vote today ]

No way would we be #1. The committee is only going to go off of this year, and at the very least there’s no way we’d be ahead of LSU at this point. We’ll be somewhere in the top 4 when it’s all said and done, but we don’t get to #1 unless we’re the only unbeaten team.

Re: LOL, C'Mon yall. Quit worrying.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:30 PM

mangers gonna mange bro

Oct 13, 2019, 9:47 PM

This is truth.
No way an undefeated power 5 school that happens to be the reigning National Champion which would also be on a 28 game winning streak at that point be left out of the playoff.

I'm pretty sure

Oct 13, 2019, 11:13 PM

it's "sumb1tches".. i.e., one word in the context you used it :)

Oct 13, 2019, 10:04 PM

jarheadtiger® Read This!

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/florida-state/2014-schedule.html

It is a link to the closest thing we would have to measure this year by. Except: "it isn't really"! FSU had won the NC the year prior. Beat Auburn for it in fact. Was undefeated and had Jameis Winston at QB. The problem: "they were shaky at best at the end of 2014"!

But, they still got in over other SEC teams people probably thought were more deserving! Why? Because a Power 5 undefeated champion won't get left out.

People are thinking about Bama not winning their division and getting in. But, they are forgetting Ohio St. won the Big 10 and had 2 losses. That's how the 1 time it happened; it happened.

Jarheadtiger - I agree with you folks need to shut it down because unless we drop a game we will be in the CFP.

***Side Note b/c so many people don't get it. Me and a few other posters are not ACC fans. We are Clemson fans who happen to not want all the politics to get in the way of our Tigers.
So being informed: we want other ACC teams to do well when not playing the Tigers because it strengthens perception and allows a bit of room for error! There is zero conference cheering in that! It's all in support of The Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Failed to mention

Oct 13, 2019, 10:08 PM

Look at how they were winning games "LATE" vs unranked opponents. Barely squeaking by and still got in b/c they were a P5 champion. Come on people: we have seen this before where an ACC team got in. At the time their strongest competition was GT at #12. They barely won. I felt going into that years playoff game they would get blown out by Oregon and they did. But, just like they said it would happen, the committee put them in the playoffs!

As they will for the Tigers if we are undefeated at the end of the regular season and ACCCG. So as JarHeadTiger said: "Relax"! History says your fears are a bit over blown.

A lot of assuming that where teams stand today will be the same

Oct 13, 2019, 10:41 PM

In 5 weeks... a lot of chaos still left out there. LSU still has to play bama. So the loser will be behind us if we win out. So that 1 or 2 team is a temporary show for a prime time show down TV game is all that is. Clemson just has to win and they’re in. OSU is no stranger to a brain dead loss. Oklahoma can play a stinker every now and again. A lot of football left.

Like Dabo always says “they’ll remember November.”

Oct 13, 2019, 10:45 PM

Anyone that thinks an unbeaten , defending national champion isn't getting put into a four team playoff either has a mental deficiency or knows squat about the CFBP selection process .
All this media hyping of this team or that team and downgrading of others is done to ramp up the viewership and to get the hits on websites . Ya'll fear-mongerers have to understand that , right ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 14, 2019, 12:47 PM

Tigerdug23® They don't understand that.

The year Bama got in was "solely due to conference champ Ohio St. not being undefeated"! Thus they took a non-conference champ over the Buckeyes. They lost to Oklahoma(infamous B. Mayfield plant the Oklahoma flag in their stadium game) and they lost at Kinnec Stadium to unranked Iowa. In fact, had Wisconsin had won the championship game they would have gone and we would have ended up probably playing the Badgers instead of Bama!

Conference Champ: 60%
SOS of a P5: 20%
How well team is playing/injuries to key players time of selection: 20%

***Note: didn't see that anywhere but judging by voters who have been in the room words this seems to be the formula. The Conference championship and SOS kind of go hand in hand. Had the ACC not been deemed a P5 then the UCF comparisons would be in play. The term "Power 5" does include the ACC and all it's teams: thus an undefeated champion must by rule be treated like an undefeated champ from another league. In the event you were to theoretically have 5 undefeated conference champions. Then the lowest composite ranking or lowest one the committee deems #5 would simply not make it.

No Pac 12 team is undefeated currently. So Bam! Assuming the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 all have undefeated champions that will be your participants in the CFP. End of story.

If you only have 3 of the 5 conferences with undefeated teams: "at this point you open the door for interpretation and subjectivity"! But, only when you get to this point. Anything else would require all the conferences including the Pac 12 and the ACC to sign off on it: which they wouldn't in order to amend the agreement in order to get the LSU/Bama loser in.

So simply put - win and we are in!

Oct 14, 2019, 6:27 PM

Tigerdug23® They don't understand that.

The year Bama got in was "solely due to conference champ Ohio St. not being undefeated"! Thus they took a non-conference champ over the Buckeyes. They lost to Oklahoma(infamous B. Mayfield plant the Oklahoma flag in their stadium game) and they lost at Kinnec Stadium to unranked Iowa. In fact, had Wisconsin had won the championship game they would have gone and we would have ended up probably playing the Badgers instead of Bama!

Conference Champ: 60%
SOS of a P5: 20%
How well team is playing/injuries to key players time of selection: 20%

***Note: didn't see that anywhere but judging by voters who have been in the room words this seems to be the formula. The Conference championship and SOS kind of go hand in hand. Had the ACC not been deemed a P5 then the UCF comparisons would be in play. The term "Power 5" does include the ACC and all it's teams: thus an undefeated champion must by rule be treated like an undefeated champ from another league. In the event you were to theoretically have 5 undefeated conference champions. Then the lowest composite ranking or lowest one the committee deems #5 would simply not make it.

No Pac 12 team is undefeated currently. So Bam! Assuming the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 all have undefeated champions that will be your participants in the CFP. End of story.

If you only have 3 of the 5 conferences with undefeated teams: "at this point you open the door for interpretation and subjectivity"! But, only when you get to this point. Anything else would require all the conferences including the Pac 12 and the ACC to sign off on it: which they wouldn't in order to amend the agreement in order to get the LSU/Bama loser in.

So simply put - win and we are in!

This!

Doc Diesel Pointed This Out!

Oct 14, 2019, 6:50 PM

The Mountain West has 3. Not 1. Not 2. But 3 wins versus "ye ole mighty std" conference! All the worry warts - answer this: will those losses diminish the reputation of the SEC? No. Will it have a bearing? No.
Wyoming
San Jose St.
UNLV

Do all these teams get ranked higher for beating teams from the S.T.D(SEC) conference? Then why are Bama's wins so much more impressive? Will beating Georgia - a team that lost to the team that lost to a lowly ACC team - mean anything? The facade gets proven wrong every bowl season except for perhaps Saban's teams! When Meyer was here it was the same for him too. But, they "are not" top to bottom ahead of all of the rest of college football.
The boys from Columbus probably want Bama over Clemson - last time they played Bama in the playoffs they beat them(Alabama) with a 3rd string QB.
Ain't nobody but the people who have seen too much Finebaum or too much College Football Live buying the hype! I really wish you all quit.

I forgot. Georgia State Beat the other Juggernaut

Oct 14, 2019, 6:52 PM

. . . S.T.D(SEC) team Tennessee lost to Georgia State. The Juggernauts they are. They help form "the gauntlet" SEC teams must go through. . . . . . . . sit back and think about all this data and tell me where this gauntlet lies people.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic