Topic: LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 22, 2018 7:24 AM by: Detroit Tiger
[ Tiger Boards - Recruiting ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar

[5]
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 11:05 PM

On the right? Clemson MLB Tre Lamar. On the left? New commit Greg Williams. Look at that wingspan. Brent Venables knows exactly what he's doing. Kid is gonna be a baller.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgQzwyiVMAAdIYR?format=jpg

Re: LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar

[1]
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 11:23 PM

Venables has seemed to favor length, height and speed over size for some time now. He was ahead of the curve when he came to Clemson, I have no doubt he is a great talent evaluator as well as teacher and a coach.

2018 orange level member

Greg is not Tre

[1]
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 11:48 PM

He is a solid player, but I do not see the same burst and closing speed that Lamar had.

2018 student level member

Re: Greg is not Tre

[1]
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 11:53 PM

Lamar is a stud and very quick for his size, and hits hard. I was agreeing that the "prototype & measurables" of what Venables is looking for is specific. Hope this kid develops and becomes the best he can be under Venables.

2018 orange level member

Oh I think he will be a baller

[2]
Posted: Jun 21, 2018 11:54 PM

But I just don’t think he compares that much to Lamar

2018 student level member

Re: Oh I think he will be a baller

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 12:12 AM

I agree, Tre' is just a unique talent. Having him back at full health is going to big for the LB group.

2018 orange level member

If Tre Lamar stays healthy all season

[1]
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 12:48 AM

And improves on his stats from last year, he will most likely be a lock to leave early for the draft. He has all the measurable and attributes you want in a LB. IMO, he will be gone unless an injury occurs. Wilkins, Ferrell, Dex, Bryant, Joseph, Hyatt and Lamar all have the potential to be 1st round picks next year. 7 tigers picked in the first round, how crazy would that be? Definitely going out on a limb by saying that but it’s not that far fetched to think

That doesn’t include

[1]
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 1:12 AM

Mullen, Fields, Simmons (who is a freak), Huggins, Renfrow, Wallace (who has played great so far in his college career and a bit underrated imo), possibly Yeargin if he can pull a Mike Williams and play lights out his sr yr after suffering a neck injury and Milan Richard if he can put everything together his last year. If we can make it back and win a national championship I could see a lot of guys like Mullen, Simmons, and Wallace leaving esp after Ray Ray and Van leaving this year when another season would have benefited them so much. Not a long shot to think we could have 10 or more Clemson players drafted after this season.

Re: LBs Greg Williams and Tre Lamar

[1]
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 7:21 AM

Esp since you direct qouted.

U should have credited david hood

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 7:24 AM

Is what the title shouldve said

Replies: 9  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 3 LOWER LEVEL NORTH Season Tickets together. Sec S, Row K (near Section R border). $1000ea. Option t...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Recruiting ]
Start New Topic
2589 people have read this post