Topic: Kudos to Our OL
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 18, 2019 3:54 PM by: jtiger1®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Kudos to Our OL

[19]
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 2:54 PM

There have been many posts re the OL is the weak link on our team and Caldwell can't recruit top OL talent. I'm here today to lavish a little praise on our OL. They have been producing all season without any fanfare. Their performance in the championship game was a thing of beauty. Lawrence is somewhat an escape artist but the OL gave him time to do his thing. Reading comments by posters on other boards alluded to the fact our OL was outstanding.

I will admit Alabama's game plan made a big difference from what we saw last year. Having Lawrence at QB made the Tide defend the pass. Most of the time Alabama was sending four men and that's much easier to handle than having six men rushing the QB. I don't know what the count was for the Tide DL pressuring Lawrence but it could not have been many and the Tide had no sacks. That's a pretty good day's work. So, I'm here to go on record for a huge shout out to our OL for a job well done.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

military_donation.jpg

They definitely made a lot of people eat crow in that game.

[2]
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:01 PM

We didn't have a great stat-line in rushing yards but ETN's second rushing TD on the goal-line, where he walked in untouched was a thing of beauty!

Pass pro was amazing all night!

It was the best performance by an 0-line at Clemson I can remember since maybe the 2006 GT game.

2019 white level member

Re: They definitely made a lot of people eat crow in that game.

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:04 PM

Not that stars don't indicate athletic ability, but they don't measure heart. ur line did their job every week.

Some people never learn...

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:05 PM

Keep doubting Clemson and then watch them continue to make you look foolish and uninformed (i.e., Desmond Howard).

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Kudos to Bama's defensive line...

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:04 PM

for being ranked in the top ten and getting their suck on the the CFP final game.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Kudos to Our OL

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:08 PM

The OL sure quieted everyone down. That was impressive.

2019 white level member

Check out these blocks on the Goal Line

[2]
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 3:54 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 lower level section T row Y 4000.00 4 Lowe level section T row OO 3800.00. 50% now balance win ti...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
870 people have read this post