Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korn Ferry Finals Field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,187

Korn Ferry Finals Field

Aug 12, 2019, 7:08 PM

As @schema posted in another thread, here is the field. I kinda hope Sam is hurt and not quit. Also, Schema- why was I thinking Doc could play in it as well as Bryson Nimmer. Tia

Per Schema:

Well, I'm not sure if Sam has an injury or not, but he no longer appears on the Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship field list. So, at the moment, it looks like there will only be four Tigers in the field this week. Hopefully, Sam is back for the second round at the Albertsons Boise Open.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/tournaments/nationwide-children-s-hospital-championship/field.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korn Ferry Finals Field

Aug 12, 2019, 7:17 PM

Lots of really good players in the field. Hope our guys can make some noise. I have no idea why Doc is not in the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 7:30 PM

Doc already has status for next year in Category 21 of the PGA priority list. The top 25 finishers in the Korn Ferry finals will be in a lower category, so it wouldn't help Doc to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Korn Ferry Finals Field ]

Because Doc finished the regular season with more unofficial FedExCup points than the 125th person (Pat Perez), he will be a full member on the tour next season and will play out of category 21 once the new season begins in a month. The guys that fall into that category do not play in the Korn Ferry Tour finals since they are already in a higher category than they would be if they qualified via the finals. Basically, Doc gets a month of rest before he starts the new season.

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2018/priority-ranking-2018-19-season.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 7:48 PM

As for Bryson, there is no direct path to the Korn Ferry Tour finals from the Mackenzie Tour.

He has three events remaining on the Mackenzie Tour. He is currently 25th on the Order of Merit list. If he were to go on a winning streak and finish the season in first place, he would earn an automatic spot on the Korn Ferry Tour for 2020. If he can finish 2nd through 5th, he can earn conditional status on the 2020 Korn Ferry Tour. If he finishes 6th through 10th, he is exempt to the final stage of the Korn Ferry Tour Q School later in the year. If he finishes 11th through 25th, he is exempt to the second stage of the Korn Ferry Tour Q School. Otherwise, if he finishes 26th or beyond, he starts over at the beginning of the Korn Ferry Tour Q School to try to earn a spot for 2020.

Aug 12, 2019, 8:47 PM

Can’t begin to Thank y’all enough. I knew I could count on the explanations from the experts...

Try to do searches but end up deeply confused. Appreciate the info on Bryson too. We need to pull hard for him to finish at least in the top ten... and hopefully win one or two.

It’ll be fun to retire and catch some of these tournaments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 12:11 PM

Here is some more information on the golfers that qualified for the Korn Ferry Tour Finals. Unfortunately, there is nothing additional on why Sam is sitting out.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/news/2019/08/14/field-study-korn-ferry-tour-finals-how-they-qualified-qualifiers-breakdown.html

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,187
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic