Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Knew that Bama only led Clemson 10-3 at half-time of semi-natty game in Jan but in 4th qtr
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Knew that Bama only led Clemson 10-3 at half-time of semi-natty game in Jan but in 4th qtr

Jun 13, 2018, 9:58 PM

neither team scored!

KellyB ran 19 times & netted 1 yard per carry, or 19 total yards..and 2 int’s!

Plus forgot that We lost our best receiver & then ENT got banged up a little. Game over!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knew that Bama only led Clemson 10-3 at half-time of semi-natty game in Jan but in 4th qtr

Jun 13, 2018, 10:23 PM

It was not his fault he had less than a second to do anything

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicken or the egg?

Jun 13, 2018, 10:26 PM

Look closely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pressure was the primary thing.

Jun 14, 2018, 8:22 AM

Our OL got destroyed by Alabama's rush.

Re: The pressure was the primary thing.

Jun 14, 2018, 8:42 AM

No team can get into a phone booth fight with BAMA. If we would have been able to stretch the field and not allow BAMA to stack the box we would've had a chace at winning.

No way did we have time to stretch the field

Jun 14, 2018, 4:22 PM

If you don't have time to complete short and medium passes, how can you expect to have time to "stretch the field"?

A big reasosn there wasn't much time is because they brought

Jun 14, 2018, 4:32 PM

the house knowing he couldn't throw the ball down field. They took their chances and it was the right call. They would have been scorched with Watson in the same situation. It would have led to some enormous plays and they would have to respect that. They just crowded the line and didn't have to worry about it though.

So, egg?

Jun 14, 2018, 7:16 PM

You're dead on the money here. They didn't have to worry about anything but making KB misread their defense then bam. Bama's D got plenty of rest while our D got put back on the field way too often which lead to fatigue.

There is a bright side. Many of our defenders came back just to defend their prowess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knew that Bama only led Clemson 10-3 at half-time of semi-natty game in Jan but in 4th qtr

Jun 14, 2018, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Knew that Bama only led Clemson 10-3 at half-time of semi-natty game in Jan but in 4th qtr ]

The O-Line could have certainly done better.

That said, it's hard on the O-Line when Bama is stacking the box because they know KB can't pass down field.

The O-Line looked shady in 2016, but then we stretched the field and kept Bama off balance. Funny how that works right?

If you are a one trick pony you can't beat Bama. And that is exactly what we were last year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2018, 10:25 PM

Look at the pick 6 it was pass interference but some of you can’t see that

24 - 6 Bama

Jun 13, 2018, 10:34 PM

Dang, that Hurts!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 24 - 6 Bama

Jun 14, 2018, 12:54 AM

It was still a great year to be the year after we won the National Championship and it was very close to being the year after we won two National Championships. We were close to winning 3 National Championships in a row and if we would have we would be predicted to win another this year.

Dabo has built us to be very consistent and competitive for a National title every year. I’m so proud of how our Tigers have played the last 7 years and ecstatic the way we have played the last three as we have won 3 ACC Championships and a National Championship!

I believe we will win another this year and we will be in the hunt for National Championships the next three years. I’m surprised folks will say what’s wrong with our recruiting when nothing could be further from the truth!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I was at the game and I knew the tone was already set in

Jun 14, 2018, 7:17 AM

the first several minutes of the 1st qtr. It was going be a long painful game But very glad I made the trip to say I attended the Sugar Bowl and pull for my Tigers! :)

Re: I was at the game and I knew the tone was already set in

Jun 14, 2018, 7:30 AM

It was but we had fought through it I believe.

Can’t say Tee was our best receiver last year.***

Jun 14, 2018, 7:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not by numbers but by sheer talent.***

Jun 14, 2018, 8:23 AM

ETN took a dirty hit early on and I'm not sure he was

Jun 14, 2018, 7:38 AM

really the same for the rest of the game. He still needed more practice in pass blocking, regardless, but he seemed concussed if you ask me. It had a real impact on the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 9:56 AM

Down 10-6, midfield, 2nd and 2. You feel pretty good. Then disaster strikes.

Jun 14, 2018, 11:43 PM

ETN got hurt on the first play of the game, the kick off, IMO. He was never the same.

Jun 14, 2018, 11:46 PM

This is our year to win another Natty! The D is best in the country and if TL starts at QB, we will score 40-50 per game. This is our year.

Bama did to Clemson

Jun 15, 2018, 6:15 AM

What Georgia did to Bama.

Bama adjusted to what Georgia did.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic