Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant now gives his version of CU/transfer story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant now gives his version of CU/transfer story

Mar 11, 2019, 6:15 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/failing-to-convince-himself-to-transfer-elsewhere-kelly-bryant-is-feeling-the-love-at-missouri/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant now gives his version of CU/transfer story

Mar 11, 2019, 6:20 PM

W H O C A R E S!!!

Saddened KB2 only thinks that Clemson Fans think critically of Him..

Mar 11, 2019, 6:32 PM

since I for one don’t..since he went 11-1 regular season..whipped upstart Miami in ACCCG..then had Clemson #1 (that’s No. ONE!) in the CFP.

Only problem(s) then was a mad Bama defense still hurt from DW4 beating them in last second year before..KB2’s inability to throw fast & long range..the Oline not playing 110%..freshman RB not blocking incoming D rusher..maybe some bad coaching or not seemingly making 2nd half changes..yada-yada.

Yes, Kelly was the QB but he wasn’t 100% of the loss.

Now, give KB2 a Natty ring since he balled big time in that extremely tight Ta&m game with 2 TD’s, when TL seemed to be digressing a bit.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saddened KB2 thinks only that Clemson Fans think critically of Him..

Mar 11, 2019, 9:59 PM

I'm saddened by it, too, but if that thought helps Kelly become and stay motivated to develop, then it's to his benefit to think that way. I figured during his down time that he would continue getting training from RR. I hope he learned to make his reads more quickly.

I was quite sure that Kelly had plateaued and would have to be willing to take a step back before he could develop the aspects of his game to succeed in any other scenario than what he was blessed with at Clemson in 2017. Since we survived the SYR game without him, I am happy for him and his decision and wish him nothing but the best.

But I do get tired of reading about how difficult it was to sit behind the legend. He was also sitting behind Scheussler. If he had been really applying himself, he wouldn't have been third string and stuck in "Keep It" mode every time he ran the option.

I don't know him at all as a person, but he seems to be that basically happy guy that needs a little adversity to overcome in order to reach his potential. Maybe the adversity he has faced recently has forced him to mature and treat the game as a potential career instead of a game.

Re: Saddened KB2 thinks only that Clemson Fans think critically of Him..

Mar 12, 2019, 2:08 AM

I agree, and he had plenty of time to improve his reads of defenses, and his down field passing game but, KB2 and KB2 alone chose to depend on his option QB run game sitting behind DW4 and playing as a mop up duty QB. IMO he was lucky to stay in front of Hunter Johnson as the starter, and that was mostly bc Hunter was a true freshman behind a junior that had backed up DW4, and our coaches hadn't yet seen KB2's inability to successfully lead our team against as good a team as an Elite Bama team, and that is when every coach we had knew that KB2 couldn't beat Bama. With Trevor Lawrence being recruited as the future leader of our Tiger FB team, the coaches saw the perfect opportunity to allow TL to compete with KB2 as our future QB and leader of our Tigers after KB2 was gone at the end of the season, but TL proved to be the best choice early in the season when KB2 failed to move the ball against GT, and TL scored 4 times out of 5 possessions in the first half, and that sealed KB2's fate from not ever starting another Clemson game as QB. The best QB we had became the leader of our Clemson Tigers in an undefeated season as National Champions, and the first ever 15-0 college FB team in the BCS era!!! Dabo made the Right Choice, Period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"stayed the course"???***

Mar 11, 2019, 6:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 6:30 PM

Good for KB and he should get a ring! I don't see how anybody on this board has a better read on KB than Renfrow and Renfrow has no grudge!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

And that tells us more about Hunter than it does KB.***

Mar 12, 2019, 7:10 AM

Mar 11, 2019, 6:52 PM

I think the # of Clemson fans that are upset KB didn't stay last season as backup insurance in case TL had a serious injury are miniscule. I don't recall seeing much criticism directed at him other than that and the ESPN interview with the rabble rousing female.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 7:39 PM

KB2 knew from day one that the best would play, if he can remember, that is the exact reason he set behind DW4, the best plays. The same thing happen with Lawrence, the best played!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 8:43 PM

YES!! Kelly deserves our gratitude for the first class way he represented Clemson on and off the field. He had to leave Clemson to continue his career. One more play and he would have lost his last year of eligibility. Coach Swinney knew this and that probably figured into his decision to change starters after the Georgia Tech game. He wanted to give KB the opportunity to make his own decision and Coach Swinney seems to be fine withKB’s decision. Kelly did not quit on the Tigers, he took advantage of the opportunity afforded him by Coach Swinney.

If Coach Swinney and the players on the 2018 team are in favor of a ring for KB we as supporters of the Clemson Tigers
should say Thanks Kelly, you deserve a ring.

To think otherwise would be to accuse Dabo of lying.

Mar 12, 2019, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant now gives his version of CU/transfer story ]

If he tells lies I haven't caught him yet but I'm watching closely so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 10:18 PM

I appreciate all he did for us. We would have likely lost to A&M without him. He made the right call and he also helped us. I hold him in high regard.

Mar 12, 2019, 6:03 AM

Interesting, another add on expansion SEC University thats located in a town called Columbia that 1969 just happens to be the year they won the last conference title in it's storied football history. Weird

Message was edited by: EverettsNCTiger

There's something to be said about a QB who can't read...

Mar 12, 2019, 7:27 AM

a defense after the snap. There's also something to be said about a QB whose default checkdown is to run the ball. So what's to be said? KB decides what he's going to do before the ball is snapped. Technically, KB takes the 'option,' out of read option and the 'O,' out of RPO. How? First he removes the 'read,' and the rest of it naturally follows.

Tua has the same talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just let it go, please. The last thing we need is another

Mar 12, 2019, 10:14 AM

round of Kelly Bryant poasts filling up the TNets. Keep that stuff in Missouri where it belongs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic