Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant Passing accuracy Vs. the face shield
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,465

Kelly Bryant Passing accuracy Vs. the face shield

Apr 25, 2018, 2:31 PM

Lexan and all other types of plastic used to protect the eyes and face have a inherent flaw. It causes objects to appear closer or further away than they actually are. A pair of glasses are great if the object is directly centered in front and close however if the object is slightly off center the distance you perceive the object to be is incorrect.Its like looking into water at a fish, the surface plain of the water changes the actual position of the fish . The viewer perceives the fish to be in a incorrect location. A trick of the eye. Side view mirrors on cars are plainly marked objects may be closer than they seem. A receiver wearing a plastic shield is dealing with a object as it approaches. A receiver will have less problems because the ball is close when contacted. That said a receiver wearing a shield will have problems reacting to a ball coming in from long distance. The same in reverse is happening to Kelly. Looking through the curved plastic his brain is visualizing the receivers to be further away than they actually are. Passes of 15 yards or fewer that are thrown flat do not show the problem because the ball is staying close to the same height off the ground. A ball that has to be dropped in however will go long. Receivers to the right or left may not be seen at all with the distorted peripheral line of sight through the curved plastic.Long time scuba diver,Bass fisherman,Motorcycle rider,Engineer. Have fought plastic masks for years. I would be willing to bet his throws are much more accurate without the helmet because hes not looking through the lexan mask.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sorry I started reading that. Glad I didn’t finish.***

Apr 25, 2018, 2:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here ^^^^^^^^^***

Apr 25, 2018, 2:39 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Bolt Z goes where?***

Apr 25, 2018, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Kelly Bryant Passing accuracy Vs. the face shield

Apr 25, 2018, 3:14 PM

Baker Mayfield wore a mask too. As well as about every other QB in the NCAA.

what the Joel Embiid's mask?***

Apr 25, 2018, 3:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 3:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 3:29 PM

+1 - I'm a big fan of Steve Harvey.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2018, 4:33 PM

So.........KB is starting then? Got it!

Apr 25, 2018, 4:36 PM

"Passes of 15 yards or fewer that are thrown flat do not show the problem because the ball is staying close to the same height off the ground."

Not so...... if you watched the Spring Game, you would have seen that after the first couple of short throws to flat, there were more short ones that sailed high. I hope he can correct it, but if not, there are a couple of others waiting in the wings who seem to be able to throw accurately - even with the face shield..... :)

Apr 25, 2018, 4:39 PM

Its funny every QB (to my knowledge wears one) and none of them have complained yet

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,465
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic