Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant - Just want to say thanks for all you did
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant - Just want to say thanks for all you did

Apr 19, 2018, 10:32 AM

for us last season and I hope you will just be YOU and accentuate YOUR talents! Don't try to be someone else. You did such a great job throughout the season and I realize you weren't perfect but I believe in you and your ability to lead us next season.

IF you are replaced handle it with maturity and still be the great leader you are! However I think you are going to be the starter going in to the fall and it's fair for the man with the most talent and potential to lead us forward. Nevertheless above all else you are a Clemson Tiger and therefore you have outstanding potential and the character to be successful for life!

I met you and spoke with you for quite a while years ago when my sons were in camp and DS was our QB at the time. I can't believe how far you have come during your time at Clemson! My sons were so impressed with you and your humble attitude. They were ecstatic to see how well you carried yourself and your poise last season and I know there were games you played hurt. So don't think everyone has forgotten all you have done for us. I want the most capable man to win the job but experience is a big part of that and you certainly have that going for you.

What a great game you had vs. Miami btw and I think you were the MVP in that game if I remember correctly. Anyway, I'm pulling for you and the rest of the Tigers to have a great season but more than anything just be a great leader! People will respect you for the way you carry yourself throughout this season. It's your last year so make it one you will always remember and enjoy every single second!

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended Louieville game & KB threw a beautiful bomb for TD

Apr 19, 2018, 10:48 AM

so I know under certain conditions he can do it, but too often our conservative coaches are afraid to unleash him since he isn’t a natural vertical passer.

PS: In retrospect i would have had KellyB chunk it downfield to test the Bama D & hope for lucky catch, incomplete or even an int would have been as good as a long punt (but no return wanted).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes LBB you're exactly right! He played a very good game in

Apr 19, 2018, 10:50 AM

a tough environment to win that one. Thanks for reminding me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps it is more logic than fear

Apr 19, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Attended Louieville game & KB threw a beautiful bomb for TD ]

With a great defense, you don't have to take chances on offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Perhaps it is more logic than fear

Apr 19, 2018, 11:35 AM

Perhaps, until you get to the big dance that is. Our Defense was so worn down during the Bama game due to our inability to make a play downfield and in that situation you need a playmaker

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 11:48 AM

Our defense did just fine against Bama. The difference was two tipped ball interceptions that turned into 14 Bama points.

We lost a lot more than DW last season. Gallman's pass blocking, and Jordan Leggett and Mike Williams being big targets. Etienne completely missed a block that led to the first interception. Had KB gotten the throw off, Ray-Ray was WIDE open for an easy six and the lead.

If we had gone to more of a pass-oriented offense, people would be wondering why we were throwing so much instead of using that big o-line and feeding Feaster and Etienne.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps it is more logic than fear

Apr 19, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Attended Louieville game & KB threw a beautiful bomb for TD ]

With a great defense, you don't have to take chances on offense.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 19, 2018, 12:01 PM

Against 'Bama you do have to take chances. Conservative offenses get swallowed alive by Nicky's defenses. Just ask the Bayeux Bengals over the last 5-6 years. Their conservative approach goes nowhere against 'Bama. The only ones to do anything have been Johnny Not So Manzel, Chad (Ole Miss is better) Kelly and DW4. All three played with swagger and reckless abandon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some how, some way you have to flip the field ...

Apr 19, 2018, 12:52 PM

... we we’re never able to get out of the shadow of our own goal line.

We couldn’t do it passing, and we couldn’t do it punting.

As many Bama drives that started up around mid-field, it is an amazing testament to our defense that the Tide had to win the game on turnovers.

Their offense really accomplished very little. Ours just accomplished even less.

IMHO though, the entire game hinged on field position.

They had it and we didn’t.

Credit to them though, for keeping us pinned up.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt LBB

Apr 22, 2018, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Attended Louieville game & KB threw a beautiful bomb for TD ]

Coaches were either terrified to pass — or KB checked down every pass. Kirby and Fromm used Clemson-Bama game to open up mid-range passing game plan which almost won them the game. Until Nick benched his liability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant - Just want to say thanks for all you did

Apr 22, 2018, 6:29 PM

Do not blame the coaches. Kelly was afraid to pull the trigger. And when he did it did not produce results downfield. If he can improve this part of his game (which the spring game was an indication that he has not) then he should start. If not, next man up. Also needs to improve on his RPO decisions. Let’s not forget that. Too many times last year he made the wrong decision on whether to hand off or keep.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic