Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keith Marshall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 4,971

Keith Marshall

Sep 10, 2015, 11:03 PM

I'm just curious if anyone else ever wonders if Keith Marshall regrets picking Georgia. He is a senior and the third string RB behind two sophomores. I can't help but think he would've been a four year starter here.

Disclaimer: I know it doesn't matter and we've done fine without him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He chose...

Sep 10, 2015, 11:11 PM

To be a dawg...he's bearing the fruit of that choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I take nothing away from KM, he's talented

Sep 11, 2015, 12:25 AM

I live 20 miles from UGA. I told a lot of Dawg fans before Marshall and Gurley got on campus that Gurley was the better of the two. They looked at the recruiting rankings. I looked at the Shrine Bowl and what I'd seen on film. Gurley fit the UGA mold better and was a better back overall. I think history had proven me right. I take nothing away from Marshall. The kid's got talent and has been plagued by injuries but he was behind a better back in Gurley and now he's gone. Problem is he's now behind another back that is better again.

Kid's need to start looking at this kind of stuff. Look at the number of backs UGA has had that were highly rated guys. Now, how many of these names do you remember? Very few because they ride the pine or get "Marcus Lattimore'D". Run to death and nothing left in the tank for the NFL. Here is the list since 2002 (usiung RIvals only, in no order)
N. Chubb #6
S. Michel #3
I. Crowell #4
W. Ealey #11
C. Thomas #18
D. Jackson #8
C. King #8
T. Brown #4
K. Lumpkin #2
K. Moreno #10
B. Southerland (FB) #3
S. Chapas (FB) #8
F. Minzerimaer (FB) #16
T. Flowers #9
D. Ware #45
M. Cooper #8
R. Dudley #12
Q. Hicks #2
K. Malcome #24
B. DOuglas #5
AJ TUrman #19
T. Gurley #5
K. Marshall #2
R. Samuel (ATH) #2 (played TB, FB and LB) MOved to LB his Jr. Year I think and then back to TB the following year. He had put on some bulk and it cost him some speed.

This isn't just Georgia. Every program has some guys that should have gone somewhere else to get playing time. Sure most guys that have it will get a shot at the NFL but if you're a good #3 RB on a team, how many carries are you going to get. I remember back in the first few years of Pete Caroll at USC, they had 9 guys, yes 9 guys competing for the starting tailback position. All of them ranked in the top 10 coming out of HS. Why would you do this?

People might say the same thing about Clemson when it comes to receivers. But I say look at the numbers. Just in the past few years we've had some great ones. Nuk, Sammy, Martavis and more. One of our former wideouts was never anything higher than a #3 option but is in his 3rd year with the Arizona Cardinals. Our Clemson Wes Welker, Adam Humphries is on an NFL roster. You can easily put 3, 4, 5 wide-outs on the field at one time. But you will never see that many guys in the backfield.

Only way I would go anywhere with a log jam at RB, is GT. I think they have a formation or two where they have like 37 running backs in the backfield with 9 QB's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great post.,,

Sep 11, 2015, 6:26 AM

Marshall has one year or two if he wants it to make his mark. He scored 2 tds last week and is a rolled ankle away from 2 deep.

Re: I take nothing away from KM, he's talented

Sep 12, 2015, 6:28 PM [ in reply to I take nothing away from KM, he's talented ]

I'm sure these kids have a lot of confidence in their abilities and choose to go to schools with crowded backfields because they're sure they will be the starter. When Gurley chose UGA, everyone including Dabo knew Marshall was coming to Clemson. He surprised us all. He could have stepped right in and probably been the starter at Clemson. It just makes me wonder if he's standing in the sideline right now wishing he had gone to Clemson.

he looks like he's back to form...

Sep 10, 2015, 11:14 PM

took him year and half to get back after knee injury. He could return next year if he chose due to his medical redshirt but I think if he stays healthy he will go pro. Tailbacks only have so many hits in them.

Re: he looks like he's back to form...

Sep 10, 2015, 11:42 PM

Problem with that is Gurley is gone (so now only half the 1-2 punch), and Chubb and Michel could easily hold their own. Not sure how easily he'll get back in the mix if they stay with a hot hand and don;t have that injury bug. Kind of the same as Peake now...coming in was ranked higher than Watkins, knee injuries, a bunch of time off, and now even "back to 100%", will he be able to get back to where he needs to be with good competition all around him.

Re: Keith Marshall

Sep 10, 2015, 11:16 PM

Actually he had a serious injury to recover from. He ballooned at their place for great food too

He's a bust No slot for him needed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2015, 11:17 PM

I am sure Bulldog fans could just as easily look at Charone Peake and ask the same question.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if Grankowski regrets his decision.

Sep 10, 2015, 11:24 PM

He could have been a contender.

Just saw this story on him(link)

Sep 11, 2015, 12:22 AM

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/fantastic-uga-video-details-keith-marshalls-journey-back-to-the-field

thx for the link.. good luck to KM - he deserves some***

Sep 11, 2015, 2:17 AM

Thanks! Good Story***

Sep 12, 2015, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Just saw this story on him(link) ]

Jay Rome also chose poorly***

Sep 11, 2015, 12:32 AM

Anyone that chooses UGA, chooses poorly

Sep 11, 2015, 1:20 AM

Some may make it to the NFL, but UGA does less with great talent than anyone in the country. They do not develop players. The players that make it to the NFL make it because they were always going to make it no matter what.

UGA will take a 5* guy and make him into the next bust in no time.

Sep 11, 2015, 7:31 AM

Well Marshalls little brother is a true freshman at Jawja Tech...he rushed for over 2,000 yes as a Senior and goes to his brothers rival school. Kid is going to be good. Sounds like family thinks differently four years later IMHO.

Sep 11, 2015, 10:24 AM

GT fans are excited about Keith's little brother Marcus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBd32JEZ-rg

I hope he does well...

Sep 11, 2015, 10:33 AM

we weren't involved in his recruitment but he looks good.

He looks alright, but honestly it's hard to make judgements

Sep 11, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Keith Marshall ]

based on those highlights because the biggest take away from that to me is the fact that he's playing against what appears to be a HS defense. Looks like decent speed (not great) yet he's outrunning everyone on the field. He has massive seams right up the middle to run through. Tackling is shoddy to say the very least.

Tci secret source says he is leaning toward Clemson***

Sep 11, 2015, 7:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I just want to know how Ga keeps getting all of these 5* rbs

Sep 12, 2015, 6:29 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just want to know how Ga keeps getting all of these 5* rbs

Sep 12, 2015, 6:35 PM

same reason we keep stacking 5 star receivers.

Sep 12, 2015, 6:42 PM

We go 3 wide all the time UGA can only have so many backs on the field.

Sep 12, 2015, 7:04 PM

it seems like a good situation to be a starting RB at UGA, the weed and gun play alone are a big draw.

but in all seriousness, they have not been putting many backs in the pros lately, Gurley is the only one that is active on a roster as of now.

Replies: 23
| visibility 4,971
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic