Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB's "mental toughness"....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,237

KB's "mental toughness"....

Sep 19, 2017, 12:52 PM

A few threads down was about comparing KB and DW, and rightfully many people pointed to Watson's composure and poise. There was a point in the Louisville game that really stood out to me for KB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P0iRruBbCM

At the 42:50 mark, KB over throws Cain. This was just after hitting Cain for the 3rd down conversion. I'm not pointing out the high throw, but instead watch KB's face after the play when they zoom in on him. He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and re-focuses himself (43:03).

Now he was a little high on the next throw, and then failed to lead Cain quite enough on the deep shot. I'm not saying this was a "quick fix". However, I have seen a lot of QBs get frustrated with themselves and not have the where-with-all to try and calm themselves down in the middle of a series. Often it's not until they get to the sideline they can try and re-center. I thought this showed me something that KB new he was a little too amped up and needed to just calm down some.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB's

Sep 19, 2017, 1:01 PM

His composure has been outstanding through three games. I posted a couple of weeks ago after Kent State that he had all the tools to be a great QB for us I was just waiting to see how he handled pressure and adversity. So far he has passed the test with flying colors. I am impressed to say the least. BTW being amped up early in the game was not uncommon for DW4 either;)

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,237
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic