Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB led the team in rushing att last year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

KB led the team in rushing att last year

Jul 20, 2018, 11:32 PM

averaged 3.5 yds. per attempt last year. 192 carries last year way more than anyone else. But we relied on defense and not turning over the ball. Whatever it takes to get in the playoff but something tells me this year may be toughest because of the high expectations. Hope I am wrong. We will get everyone's best shot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB led the team in rushing att last year

Jul 20, 2018, 11:58 PM

We will get everyone’s best shot as we have the last several seasons but you’re right, the competition is getting better, and they’ve had a year to study what kb did for a year.

Allorange said it right, we’re all Tiger fans and want to see the best the Tigers have. I just really think TL has that it factor like DW4 and I wouldn’t want to trade a single game that DW4 played. So yeah, guess I’m selfish in the fact I ain’t got much more time to see a DW4 esq qb and don’t want to miss a minute of it!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 11:30 AM

I think it’s a little early to say TL has the “it” factor since he is yet to take a single snap in a game. Many of us are hoping he will have all the qualities that DW had but it will take some time to before we know for sure. I’m anxious as you are to see Lawrence in the game but we really don’t know how he might react with the game on the line. But I bet Dabo knows!

I agree with Forest. I remember people hyped

Jul 22, 2018, 11:55 PM

About Billy Luckie and Willie Simmons. There have been several others. Just give it time. I'm sure TL will get his chances and early.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save something for after the season begins will ya?

Jul 21, 2018, 12:15 AM

The last several days the TL crowd has really been overbearing at times. DS wants to win. Street wants to win. As great as this battle is to us it is exponentially more important to the staff and team. Let it play out and see where it goes. Please. But ty for your opinions!

Re: Save something for after the season begins will ya?

Jul 21, 2018, 12:41 AM

Good point. I missed this quote from Clelin:

Ferrell give his input on Trevor Lawrence:

“You just see the talent (in Trevor). He is as advertised. He came in with that skill set and pure talent. He is really laid back and is the kind of guy that just kind of knows that he has the ability to play at this level. I love that man. There was one play where we were in the indoor (practice facility) and he just launched it like 50 and 60 yards with a side arm into the end zone and I was just like ‘wow’. I really see all of the talent there in him.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 9:57 AM

Clelin Ferrell: Bryant "clearly" better than Lawrence in spring practice

by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, July 19, 2018 8:42 PM

Clelin Ferrell says Kelly Bryant was the best QB over all the spring practices.
Clemson defensive end Clelin Ferrell said from his point of view senior quarterback Kelly Bryant outplayed freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence during spring practice.

“Maybe he didn’t play as well as Trevor in the spring game and whatnot, but Kelly clearly was the better quarterback as far as the whole spring as a whole,” Ferrell said at the ACC Kickoff on Thursday afternoon. “Trevor showed some great things in the spring, but it was just a mental jump that he had to make, and he did have some struggles that a lot of people don’t really see."

Jul 22, 2018, 11:25 PM

Duh.

"Spring as a whole" includes the very beginning, when the freshman phenom was greener than the grass, 4th on the depth chart and should have still been at Cartersville High. Yet by the end of spring he knew enough of the offense to look sharper and more comfortable than the starter who has taken over 900 live snaps in his career and to be at least a strong enough 3rd on the depth chart that the #2 guy left.
Clelin says KB trusts his teammates more than TL, but he's gotta be talking about the Power Rangers--cause there's no way KB trusts Tee, and GWill, and the OL more than Trevor does (per spring game performance).

Maybe Clelin--whom i adore--needs to watch his own news conference after the Sugar Bowl, when he asked to speak, and called out "certain elements of our team that weren't prepared". The main person unprepared was Kelly Bryant. Blame the OL, blame the backs, blame the WRs for the one drop, but you guys don't want to blame the guy who is not supposed to call for the snap if his teammates are not set up right.

I should hope he was better than TL in spring as a whole. The complexity of our offense is the only reason KB is still the starter. But his failure to master that complex offense is why his days as starter are numbered.

Its CDS, not just DS. K? Thanks***

Jul 23, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Save something for after the season begins will ya? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also lead us to the playoffs....

Jul 21, 2018, 12:34 AM

He was pretty effective last year but the Bama loss left everyone with a bad taste in their mouth. That had more to do with Bama than KB.

I'm not worried at all about this season. Our defense is going to dominate.

KB had no control over the OL and the dropped passes***

Jul 21, 2018, 6:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

OL was a problem in that game but we actually only

Jul 21, 2018, 2:06 PM

had 1 dropped pass in the entire game. Everyone remembers it vividly, but the only drop was by Cain on our 2nd or 3rd drive of the game.

Re: KB had no control over the OL and the dropped passes***

Jul 23, 2018, 1:31 AM [ in reply to KB had no control over the OL and the dropped passes*** ]

Higgins should have received more pt

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save something for after the season begins will ya?

Jul 21, 2018, 1:24 AM

The last several days the TL crowd has really been overbearing at times. DS wants to win. Street wants to win. As great as this battle is to us it is exponentially more important to the staff and team. Let it play out and see where it goes. Please. But ty for your opinions!

KB led the team in rushing att last year because

Jul 21, 2018, 7:26 AM

we ran four RBs

KB's default when RPO is the call is to R.

Jul 21, 2018, 10:05 AM

He gets excited when the action starts and resorts to the option of keeping the ball because in his mind that's the least likely way to turn the ball over or be sacked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 11:42 AM

I'm realistically hoping with KB as the starter when he decides to run he remembers he's 6'4" 220+ pounds and FINISHES those runs! Because if he's not going to try and fight for that yard needed for the first down or to make it a 3rd and manageable. Keep the ball in Feaster and Etienne's hands! That is the area that is truely 100% on him to improve on.

Jul 21, 2018, 12:00 PM

The offense as a whole has to block better for whoever the QB is. I know it has been said but it really needs to be a point of emphasis this fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: KB led the team in rushing att last year ]

Have ever seen him not fight

Re: KB not finishing runs?

Jul 23, 2018, 9:45 AM

I don't agree that KB has a problem finishing runs. I have never thought he doesn't give enough effort

Jul 23, 2018, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Re: KB led the team in rushing att last year ]

You are absolutely right, numerous times he lost track of the yard marker and stepped out short of the first down resulting in a punt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lead in attempts, but he did not lead in yds per attempt

Jul 21, 2018, 6:28 PM

KB did not lead the team in rushing yards per attempt. The only reason the NCAA website makes it look like he lead in rushes per attempt was is because it is basing on a minimum of 10 rushes per game and must have played 75 % of the games (says that at the bottom)...so they show his stats.

Who they don't show is the REAL leader, which was Travis Etienne.

KB:
192 attempts for 665 yards...3.5 yd/att average
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/3728240/kelly-bryant

TE:
107 attempts for 766 yards...7.2 yd/att average... Which would have been good for 9th in the nation.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4239996/travis-etienne

Etienne also lead the team in rushing yards (more than Bryant)... And he was tied for 26th in the nation in rushing TD's... Technically @#28....KB ended at #44 (tied for 43rd)
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/750

ETN should get more attempts during more important stretches

Jul 21, 2018, 6:44 PM

This year. There were a lot of times he looked unsure of who to block last year. I'm sure we will see improved blocking out of him at least.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:14 AM

Does anyone expect TLaw to lead the team in rushing? I wouldn't.

No

Jul 23, 2018, 8:38 AM

We shouldnt need him to

With the three RBs we have this year

Jul 23, 2018, 8:37 AM

It is crucial for them to have a big year. They need to all split up the majority of rushing atts, and the OL has to open it up for them. Especially with ETN and TF back there we are way to loaded at that spot to not use them a LOT!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic