Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justyn Ross article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 3,415

Justyn Ross article

Feb 17, 2018, 1:00 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/02/whats_next_for_no_1_football_p.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justyn Ross article

Feb 17, 2018, 1:26 PM

It's great that we were able to land Justyn because he thinks that we are a "pass heavy" offense. But I think that the same notion keeps us from getting our first choice running backs (and some offensive linemen) - they end up going to Georgia/Alabama even Florida State (which are supposed to have "run heavy" offenses).

Our coaches have been trying to emphasize a balanced offense, and this past year it was, but a lot of the running was done by the QB.

I hope that in future the best wide receivers come to Clemson not just because we are a "pass heavy" offense but we simply have the best wide receiver coaches - Justyn did mention that Swinney having a wide receiver background played a part in his selecting Clemson but it did not seem (at least to me) that this was the real reason he picked Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2018, 1:46 PM

I think he picked Clemson because of Trevor Lawrence. Everybody knows that Lawrence immediately changes the play calling for our offense. We'll look more like the 2015 & 2016 offense and WRs want to be a part of that (whether that's in 2018 or 2019, I don't know).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2018, 3:32 PM

I think you’re right and if we change that philosophy then we’re stupid. I totally disagree with op opinion on running backs. We get good backs. Take a look at the nfl. You think they don’t want offense linemen that can pass block? You also need to look at the nfl and most teams have or will be going to the rpo offense that we ran the last 5 years.

Yeah, I don’t think we should have changed our offense last year but coaches chose kb2 so we had too. I pray they don’t make that mistake again this year.

Not playing tl would be a mistake unless he just turns out to be a complete dud. Even if that happened we need to play hj or cb and run the offense we did for dw4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 3,415
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic