Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just wrong that 6-6 teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Just wrong that 6-6 teams

Dec 28, 2017, 2:16 PM

are playing football. They should be at home clicking the remote

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just wrong that 6-6 teams

Dec 28, 2017, 2:17 PM

Well if there were enough 7-5 teams to fill the bowls then they would be at home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 2:19 PM

and that is THE point. too many bowls. everybody gets a trophy mentality.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 2:22 PM

are you watching a 6-6 game?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Just wrong that 6-6 teams ]

Then don't watch it while the rest of us enjoy watching football instead of griping about something that doesn't effect them.

Dec 28, 2017, 5:42 PM

Amen amen amen. This time of year, like clockwork, there’s a few folks who like to complain about having too much college football.

Seeing we are about to endure 8 long months without it, I value any college football game I have time to see.

Dec 28, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Just wrong that 6-6 teams ]

FSU and Duke beat 8 - 4 teams. UVA is just getting their program turned around and I have no problem with them being awarded this opportunity to further do so.

Dec 28, 2017, 3:17 PM

Some people just want to complain about something. I love college football. Some 6-6 teams are pretty good. Texas looked dang good. FSU is a good team. Duke has played well lately. Texas Tech has USF on the ropes.

He's just stating an opinion ...

Dec 28, 2017, 5:01 PM

I happen to agree wth him. Not complaining. Just concur that the whole thing has gotten out of hand when pure mediocrity is rewarded.

The pathetic Florida State "bowl qualification" saga simply underscores it.

Dec 28, 2017, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Just wrong that 6-6 teams ]

UVA is getting curb stomped by Navy. They don't want to be there.

Dec 28, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Just wrong that 6-6 teams ]

FSU and Duke beat 8 - 4 teams. UVA is just getting their program turned around and I have no problem with them being awarded this opportunity to further do so.

Bet you didnt say that

Dec 28, 2017, 2:19 PM

in 2010 during the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Bet you didnt say that- to be honest

Dec 28, 2017, 2:22 PM

I dont recall and had to look up the bowl to see which it was. that's how little I cared about it

It's easy to not watch. Keep in your mind that you wished

Dec 28, 2017, 2:21 PM

for less football when it is mid-August and you have the football withdrawals.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

What's really sad is there is money to be made

Dec 28, 2017, 2:23 PM

watching two 6-6 teams play each other in the toilet bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 2:24 PM

how is it wrong? it generates money for the university and it gives kids a last game of the season to have fun. we can't take it for granted that we are 12-1, that could easily be us. I'm sure if we were 6-6, you'd want to see us play in a bowl game

Dec 28, 2017, 2:27 PM

Does it? Thought a lot of school took a loss on some of this turd bowls. The only benefit is the extra practices it affords you. But I agree, 6-6 is absurd. You have to earn a bowl via a good season. Freaking everyone is a winner mentality has to go.

Dec 28, 2017, 3:00 PM

It allows the 6 - 6 team a chance to better themselves for the future.

No true Clemson fan would say "that could easiuly be us."

Dec 28, 2017, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Just wrong that 6-6 teams ]

Stoopid Coot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: No true Clemson fan would say "that could easiuly be us."

Dec 28, 2017, 2:50 PM

well that was us in 2010, so its inevitable that we will eventually have a bad season down the road... as a student here I am a true Clemson fan

Disagree. Navy-UVA good for local Annapolis economy.

Dec 28, 2017, 2:31 PM

Don't see any downside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 2:36 PM

I don’t think it’s wrong, but I do look at each 6-6 team individually. A perennial powerhouse like FSU making a bowl game while being 6-6 is lame. They should be at home and I don’t feel like their fans are proud and happy. But a team like Duke or Temple, where they aren’t good every year, it might be super exciting for their fan base and players.

Sometimes I like seeing a perennial 3-9 team claw their way to 6-6 and be rewarded. Also, we know every 6-6 team didn’t take the same path, and some teams 12 games were much more difficult than others.

Dec 28, 2017, 2:37 PM

I'm on the fence about it. I have football withdraws but I can't stand watching awful football. There are some decent 6-6 7-5 teams out there so I don't complain too much.

Virginia on the other hand, idk how they got bowl eligible (easy early schedule I guess). They're atrocious.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 2:50 PM

Some of the most exciting bowl games are from teams that are 6-6 or 7-5. 2 years ago I complained that there were to many Bowl games. But have since changed my mind. I really enjoyed the games yesterday. FSU game was only blow out. The previous Bowl games earlier in the week were pretty exciting too.

I am a college football junkie and enjoy watching some of the smaller schools or schools with less exposure play.

I think the players and schools know when they have been invited to a secondary bowl verses a quality bowl by location, date of game and opponents.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 2:52 PM

There is a lot of mediocrity in college football . As Tommy Bowden would say, parity .

And it is an expensive proposition to travel with teams and bands . Sponsors seem to change almost every year.

After conference sharing and expenses from the last two years, it would shock you how little money the playoff teams netted last year .

Agreed...should need 9.***

Dec 28, 2017, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 28, 2017, 3:10 PM

Why do you care?

Dec 28, 2017, 3:20 PM

Enjoy it now...because soon we will be without it for 7 long months!!!!!

Not for me. Bad college football is better than anything

Dec 28, 2017, 3:22 PM

offered in sports from January to September (minus Masters, British Open, and US Open).

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not for me. Bad college football is better than anything

Dec 28, 2017, 4:07 PM

I agree . I can just see both sides of it .

We are a nation that revels.

Dec 28, 2017, 4:10 PM

We're going to revel about something so the boys might as well get some extra practice in and boost the schools' income while we're at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Virginia sucked out loud.

Dec 28, 2017, 5:44 PM

Otherwise it could have been an entertaining game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic