Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just watched CU/Pitt again - 2018's ACCCG
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Just watched CU/Pitt again - 2018's ACCCG

Aug 4, 2019, 2:17 AM

I know it's not good to live in the past - but not a lot to do now waiting for the season to begin.

I don't believe I remember a more nightmarish start for a CU opponent in a big game - maybe any CU game.

This was the ACCCG. After 4 plays by the Tigers on offense - it was 14-0. 1st play of the game - a 75-yard TD run by Etienne. Pitt's first series - 2 plays for loss, 3 penalties, and a mid-air fumble recovery & run down to the Pitt 3 by Wilkins, followed by an Etienne rushing TD. 4 plays & CU was up 14-0.

Pitt recovered a bit in the 2nd QRT, but CU led 28-10 at the half, held Pitt scoreless in the 2nd half & won 42-10.

At least in major games - I'd rank this #1 in nightmarish starts by a CU opponent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just watched CU/Pitt again - 2018's ACCCG

Aug 4, 2019, 3:29 AM

Pitt haunts my dreams.

Our last home loss (2016) was vs. Pitt and that was the same weekend Trump was elected and my wife split up with me.
Good news is we went on to win National Title that season and I'm now with a better woman. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Aug 4, 2019, 6:36 AM

But you mentioned FOUR events:
Pitt loss
Divorced 1 woman
Met another woman
National Champion

I agree with 2 out of 3 ain't bad though, as for me:

Pitt loss
I'm still with the woman I married 37 years ago
Trump won

Life is good.

BTW: CBV figured out how to defend the shovel-pass in the Pitt game, and our OC's figured out how to use it against other teams, so long-term - the Pitt loss might not have been all that bad.

Aug 4, 2019, 10:21 AM

Congrats on 37 years. We're on year 33, and she still hasn't kicked me to the curb. She hates when I introduce her as 'My 1st wife' , so of course I do it every chance I get.

Aug 4, 2019, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Just watched CU/Pitt again - 2018's ACCCG ]

The 2018 ACCCG was the first Clemson win over Pitt in football ever; series now at 1-2.

Aug 4, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Just watched CU/Pitt again - 2018's ACCCG ]

yeah that was a bad one. I remember leaving the game thinking we wouldnt get in the playoffs but it all worked out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 8:37 AM

that was a pretty good start for us, but our first td against Bama last year is likely my favorite start of any game I've watched.

Aug 4, 2019, 8:44 AM

The bc and duke games were probably rougher. We even trailed 6-0 going into the 2nd q at bc I believe.

The last 10 minutes of that game gave us most of our points.

We looked beatable in all three for large stretches: bc duke pit. Nothing like Syracuse or tam but we should rewatch to understand

Aug 4, 2019, 10:16 AM

As a Clemson fan, I loved rewatching it as an espn top 25 game from last year (#8 I believe). As a general football fan, not so much. There had to be morebetter-ish games.

in summary, Pitt played us about as well as

Aug 4, 2019, 3:58 PM

Alabama did.

Aug 4, 2019, 6:36 PM

I think Tua' pick six to AJ Terrell ranks up there in regards to nightmarish starts.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic